Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll try to get on tonight too, hopefully the game chat plays nice though as I couldn't hear anyone after dropping out of party chat last night.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just noticed your message mate. How strange.
  • The Voyage of The Golden Banter...

A right motley crew it was too. Eight of us aboard our galleon. All the randoms joined us at different points along the way, left their sloops behind and came aboard our ship, bringing with them their supplies. So there be four or five crews on the one galleon. 

Crews come from far and wide when word spreads of the Team Oarsome recruitment drive...

The randoms had already done the quest individually, but came along for the entire voyage anyway as Captain Webbins sailed round all the clue locations. 

A Plan is Formed...
    77Uvhf7.jpg
    Right lads! The plan be we sail the seven seas until we find that watery bastard, then we kill the fucker!

Franny and Sparkles walked the plank in favour of Yoss and Grem, and we managed to get everyone that hadn't already completed the quest over the finish line. 

There was singing and dancing, shanties were played and grog was swilled. The whole crew pulled together like a well oiled machine and we made good speed and dispatched the beast from the depths in double quick time.

Man The Guns Ye Scurvey Dogs!

Our Powder is Dry Lads. Give Her Hell!

The Beast Dispatched, We Sailed Into The Sunset, Pausing Only To Return Fire On The Skellies...

Returning to Merrick, we bade our comrades farewell, scuttled our ship and slipped off into the night with songs in our hearts and stories to tell.
    msxFlsJ.jpg

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I still havent finished the HD, got me drum and went to correct area but no one around last night . I guess you need at least 5 people playing the drum to summon them?

Could be on tonight as it might be my last chance of doing it.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Aye, I gather you need a minimum of five people to do it?
  • I'll try to get on tonight too, hopefully the game chat plays nice though as I couldn't hear anyone after dropping out of party chat last night.

The game chat wasn't great my end. I could hear Franny and G clear as a bell, the randoms less so, especially as my crew was through the headset but the randoms were coming out the telly. Made clue fathoming a bit more trying when there's a load of clucking going on.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Fabulous write up there g.man.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You do need 5, and finding additional crew can be a bugger, however, I believe that Monday night is your last chance to do this, I think this goes away on Tuesday with the update.
  • I'll hopefully be going for the hungry derp on saturday night. I'd be sailing with a mate not from these parts, but if any badgers are looking for a crew to complete the task then and see me online then give a shout
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Excellent write up gman, that was cracking fun. I wish I’d captured my final long range shot that felled the fishy fucker though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'll need to get on it tonight then , as this is probably my last chance cos of very busy weekend.

Who can help a cornish pirate out tonight ? Probably 8.30 to 9 start - to slay the beast
  • Can't guarantee anything tonight Gaz. I'm in full-on World Cup packing frenzy mode now, but if you need numbers, I'll try and get on.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can also try to get on to help load up a galleon.

TBH, it seems worthwhile running more than one team of three on a galleon and then swapping out if one gets lucky with additional crew.

Also, it’s probably worth establishing who’s doing the whole of THD and who simply needs to find people for the final section.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Excellent write up gman, that was cracking fun. I wish I’d captured my final long range shot that felled the fishy fucker though.

Never had anything less than a whale of a time with each crew, but there's always a wee sting of jealously I can't be fecking up in all the escapades :D

That and sadness the Hamilton Massive haven't jumped onboard ]:
  • Every salty dog has his day Hair. Your time will come.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    YAAAAAAAARRRRR
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Boolitt wrote:
    Another fruitless night on the seas for me hair boozy and omne on "the black dildo" Tried convincing another galleon to join us but they were pretty adamant they were not up for it. Ho fucking hum. Team nae pals - nil , Megashark - 4

Just to embellish the tale some ;)

Shortly after joining you guys late doors (post my midweek cruise around the Surrey Hills) a lone galleon skipper cautiously moored beside us.

Almost immediately we were off, then someone suggested a second vessel could act as a decoy! Jumping overboard I volunteered to help sail his galleon, but in haste to get going ran his ship into the island and she soon sank.

Back to our boat we swam, but sensing he'd joined - lets say an eccentric crew - climbed into a cannon and shot himself into the darkness.  Bloody cheek.

• Haha i had actually forgotten about that.
  • OH MY DAYS!
  • They are missing a trick if the kraken doesn't do world cup predictions in the new update.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    RARE should pay our own Psycho Paul to do the voice of the squid, and Yoss could provide the text so we could understand.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What gave you the impression that I understand him?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Your canny linguist skillz.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    'AHOY THERE!  WANT TO HELP HUNT A BIG SHARK?  WE'VE GOT YOUNG BOYS AND A CHICKEN ON BOARD'

Hlns565.gif

'THAT'S A  "NO" THEN?'
  • Who's on now ??
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can hop into help out shortly if help is needed anywhere, but my deep is satiated so will leave slots to those whose still hungers.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I can jump on in about 20 minutes.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just need to kill the blighter, but am happy to do the rest if someone still needs to.
  • Seems to be a few online and playing, so I'm hoping you're all playing together. If anyone needs another deckhand for the final battle, just holler here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!