ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yup, stressful is definitely a byword, moving is such a pain in the arse, but having lived out of a couple of bags the last two years I'm definitely glad to be able to lay some roots again, cheers for happy thoughts guys. Also to those also moving try to stay focused on the end result rather than the annoying and expensive journey
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My housemate just found out he has been gazumped on the place he is buying.
    He is a month in and already paid for land registry searches.

Can he reasonably expect them to be refunded, or have the search done on another property for free?

Total bullshit as well, the people gazumping saw the property a week before him and have only just put an offer in, so they have basically waited 6 weeks to make an offer.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Shitty system ran for the profit of agents
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Renewal time on my lease, Landlord wants to put the rent up £20 a month.

Anyone wanna take a bet the admin fee from the estate cunts is £240?

Honestly rental increase should be tied to interest rates, £20 is such a piss takingly small amount that it just reeks of trying to carve every last fucking penny out of your tenant. 

I'll get that cash back over the course of the year by calling the fuckers out to look at alllllll of the little niggly things I didn't care about but suddenly will become major problems for me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • They have you by the balls though, they know full well if you were to leave it would cost much more, pricks.
    My current landlord is the best landlord I have had.
    He doesn't put the rent up unless it is new tenants.

He told us it is largely pointless by the time the tax man has had his share. The risk of tenants leaving means he may end up having to pay a lettings agent again to find new tenants.
    When our contract renewed after our first year it cost me and my house mate over a hundred quid, it cost him a grand! Just on admin!

The year after we just told the lettings agents we left, he told them he wasn't renting it anymore and just came to an agreement between ourselves.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Finally, move pretty much complete, just need to get up to Derby and see what I have left of my furniture. To be honest as long as I still have music and games I'll be happy

_86%204_zpsx1iubpz0.jpg

Only the top floor mind, I'm not made of money
  • Coolio
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    those stairs are shit, get better stairs
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    I'll be moving before the year is out.  This will be my fifth residence.  Elm, $30m will get you a house in Toorak.  Face, your place is nice, stay.

Apparently I haven't been in this thread.

We did move, but to even nicer digs. Now landlord may have to sell. Bummer. He's been upfront, and given us notice even before they've reached the point of definitely selling. Now we're just hoping they find another option.

Best of luck to anyone having to move soon. I hope it's to a better place, and I hope amenities and interweb doesn't bust your balls switching and connecting.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Again, I may be moving before the year is out, back to Mebbin.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Getting more than a bit fed up with waiting to move now.
    For over a month now my solicitors, the sellers solicitors and the estate agents have been chasing the freeholder for important documents (building insurance, fire and asbestos report mainly). They are dragging their heels for some unknown reason.

Just spoke to my solicitors and they have been told by the freeholder to "stop ringing and let us get on with it".
    It is fucking bull shit, the freeholder are renting the other flats in the property directly so these are documents they should already have by law.

Getting concerned this is all going to fall through.
  • Best of luck man, I'm confident you can make it work.
  • Trying desperately to exchange contracts on a house we're in the process of buying - but the sellers are UTTERLY USELESS CUNTS and can't organise a piss up in a brewery. If I can't get this sorted in next 45 minutes, I'm at real risk of being made homeless in about 3 weeks.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Wahey! Finally completed purchase of our new house today! The big move starts tomorrow, 2 households into one - shitloads from storage and the rest from our current rental.

Massive relief that it's all finally coming together and to an end.
  • Congratulations Grem.
    Hard Fucking work ain't it.

I got my Completion date today. 10th of June.
    Only 4 and a half months since I viewed the place to complete a sale with no bloody chain.
  • 3 and a half months with one other purchase in the chain for us. Combination of fucking solicitors and feckless sellers.

Went into the house today to clean it - it was clatty as fuck, people seriously have no shame. Still food stains on the kitchen benches and I took 8 or 9 buckets of black water out of the upstairs carpets with a Rug Doctor. Disgusting.
  • Nice.

I need to assess flooring before decided on whether to rug doctor or not.
    Kitchen flooring is fucked so that will be coming up, looks like someone beat the mud off their football boots leaving dents all over it.
    Bathroom flooring is also fucked but is only 2 foot by 5 foot.
  • So you'll be shitting standing up or what

Ps congratulations both on your acquisitions.
  • Over the last year we've basically gutted our house.  The carpet in the main bathroom was a day one removal though.  A carpet that had been in a house in which FIVE BOYS were raised.  It must have been 99% dried piss.
  • Got to mark your new territory.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well in you two, fucking stressful stuff innit?
  • Well in you two, fucking stressful stuff innit?

Fucking right it is. I'm also watching the kids today and trying to keep them busy at the same time as organising move and cleaning.
  • Cheers Funk and Sparkly.

Yup sure is stressful. Getting paperwork from people is like getting blood from a stone.
    Thankfully the move part for myself should be easy. Currently at my parent's place about 20 minutes away so no pressure to move right away and a couple of runs in a Transit will cover everything.

Plan is to get in there, clean it top to bottom and potentially decorate a room before fully moving.
  • My mother in law loves her gardening, but looking at all the equipment in the shed leads me to ponder the ultimate gangsta question.

How many hoes are too many hoes?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!