Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
  • I transferred in Pedro. No doubt William will be picked over him to start the next match.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    But gutted they doubled his minus one, that's rather harsh
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Poor week for fixtures but I still managed grab 55 points. That'll do.
  • Not only did I get Pedro in I shipped out Son who got a goal and an assist I think.
  • I figured Tottenham would do well today and brought Eriksen in. Usually when I transfer I look at the fixture list for the best week and which team I fancy to get tonked.
  • I wasn't going to change anything because Spurs had a good fixture and Chelsea wasn't so sure. Then woke up this morning and panicked.
  • Number 90 in China now.
  • 77 points and building a lead. Cocko up to third and elf being elf.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I've got two transfers in the bank and that should tide me through until January

Still feeling confident, tinkerer I might be but it's actually at least kept me interested this year
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • 77 points and building a lead. Cocko up to third and elf being elf.

I am on the verge of giving up.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    77 points and building a lead. Cocko up to third and elf being elf.

I am on the verge of giving up.

:(
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Not even halfway through the season, plus in a couple of weeks you have free reign to tear it up and start again. You could have your name mentioned in the same breath as Allardyce, Warnock, Redknapp, Curbishley, and the daddy of them all Dave 'Harry' Bassett the original Houdini
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I've got two transfers in the bank and that should tide me through until January
    You get one free transfer each week, and can store up to two of them. Unused Ines disappear into the ether.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Exactly, but given that a main player is out until the window opens and I already have strong points in that position, I'm glad I have two in the bank as I need to use two this week. Aguero out, weak-ish striker in, weak-ish midfielder out strong in with Aguero monies
  • I'll soldier on. Gonna have to reshape. Wild card in Jan?
  • Yep
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Don't waste it, you get full rebuild with the transfer window, if you've still a wildcard you might want it Ayer the African nations cup when those players come back
  • Sorry, guys, I was coming to apologise for being late this week, and I realised I never provided an update at all last week. Poor show.

First up, deadline for changes is 11.30am on Saturday.

So, how did last week go? Abysmally for me. I ended up spending four points to make an extra transfer. How did it go for the players, though? Well, it was a high scoring week for some...

1  Sánchez  ARS MID  23

A hatrick, an assist, 90 minutes played and 3 point man of the match bonus. Ker-ching.

2  Eriksen  TOT MID  18

Much the same as Sanchez, the clean sheet point made up for only getting a 2 point bonus, and he scored one less goal.

3  Fraser  BOU MID  15

He maybe only played 36 minutes, but in that time he got a goal and two assists, and took the 3 point bonus.

4  Muniesa  STK DEF  14
    4  Brunt  WBA DEF  14

This week's top scoring defenders both bagged a goal, played the majority of the match, and got 3 bonus points. Brunt also got an assist, while Muniesa kept a clean sheet, but picked up a yellow.

6  Tomkins  CRY DEF  13
    6  Kane  TOT FWD  13

Kane was the best forward this week, the horse-face flukey cunt that he is.

8  Chamberlain  ARS MID  12
    8  Costa  CHE FWD  12
    8  Christian Benteke  CRY FWD  12

If Costa wasn't such a dirty, cheating cunt, he'd deserve his place amongst the best.

Team of the week:
    Grant (Burnley) (8.)
    Muniesa, Brunt, Tomkins
    Sanchez, Erickson, Fraser, Chamberlain
    Kane, Benteke, Costa

The Bear & Badger League

1  Saint Cintters  77  762

The Saints have a fairly commanding (but by no means unassailable) lead. With three players out until after Christmas, does the squad have enough depth to keep the wolves at bay until the next wildcard becomes available?

2  Wet Dream Team  70  717

Wet Dream have not dissimilar squad issues, and relied heavily on Sanchez as captain for their score this week. Let's hope their pleasant spell doesn't give way to cold, sticky discomfort in their pyjama bottoms.

3  Dean Court Dream  66  704

Never far in the table from their phantasmagoric rivals, they didn't have Sanchez as captain, but the squad generally performed better.

4  Spatac Blutac  80  697

Team of the week. Sanchez as captain. Costa up front. Nuff said.

5  Inter Milambo  43  694
    6  Le Saux Solid Crew  74  694
    7  Inglorious Back Pass  30  691
    8  Lips XI  77  666
    9  SHOUTYKENNETHS  57  665
    10  11 Desperate Men  60  660
    11  Quantum_Elephants  72  652
    12  Secret layer o Pesto  35  640
    13  Coch periscope FC  56  624
    14  West End Mafia  61  613
    15  Danchester United  52  607
    16  SqueakyBumTim  37  600
    17  Kokiri Rangers  34  596
    18  Drewnited  28  592

Defoe as captain got 18 of the 28 points. Utter pish.

19  Fuchs of Hazard  26  585

The only team to do worse than me this week. Chambers in defence and Hazard in midfield secured 16 of the 26 points between them.

20  Eat my goal!  39  582

Not a terrible week by any means, keeping it tight in the relegation spots.
  • Squad is ready. Had to make 2 switches - Aguero and Austin out due to suspension and injury. Didn't want the points penalty but I feared I'd lose too many points over the next few weeks if I didn't. Let's hope it holds together until they both come back.
  • All downhill for u now m8
  • Anyone got vardy in for this weekend? Thus years FF is so unpredictable.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Changes seemed to suck for me

Aguero and Phillips out, Kane and Eriksen in

Surprise sur-bastard-prise, whilst Holebas finally repaid my faith in him, I left Capoue in to the detriment of the five points that Joe Allen brought to my bench. For the first time in a long time however I have quite a few players left to play tomorrow
  • Remember that it's a quick turnaround, folks; deadline is 6.45pm GMT on Tuesday.
  • So I got the second highest number of points this week... and I go down a position??
  • Bad week for me, and Charlie Austin will be out for months. Ffs.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So I got the second highest number of points this week... and I go down a position??

Did you look at the league before everything was confirmed/settled?

I'm a bit pissed off that the automatic substitution subbed in a defender who scored six points, rather than the defender who scored ten.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Bad week for me, and Charlie Austin will be out for months. Ffs.

You didn't end up losing too much ground though, don't think anyone had a great week.

I had to make a number of changes due to injury too so sacrificed four points but still managed to jump a place into the Europa League spot despite my new signings contributing very little.

Still got one long term injury to replace before tomorrow too but funds are tight.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    So I got the second highest number of points this week... and I go down a position??

Did you look at the league before everything was confirmed/settled?

I'm a bit pissed off that the automatic substitution subbed in a defender who scored six points, rather than the defender who scored ten.

That is frustrating but it does them in the udder you have them on the bench, and it will change your formation to respect the order, so it's also in our own hands, which doesn't help ease the frustration really. I want to blame the software

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!