Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
  • Thats basically my team without Hazard!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Andy wrote:
    I'm at the bottom of the league, so what do I know, but I never saw the sense in having a defence made of players from the same team. One goal leads to multiple players losing their winning streak. Defence strikes me as the part of a team most likely to have a collectively bad day.

Ah, never thought of that. Makes sense. I think I just looked at who had the most points and picked them.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 'Winning streak' should've been 'clean sheet bonus'. Fuck knows what my brain was doing there.
  • Could the person who hacked my team please just go ham, I can't be arsed to touch it and simply making James MacArthur my captain is a bit half assed imo. Go full ham, I don't care.
  • FUCK!

Guys, deadline is 11.30am today!

Sorry for the last minute reminder.
  • Get Costa out of your teams too, looks like there's been an argument with the fitness coach.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I've swapped Ibra (illness?) for Kane. Fingers crossed.
  • Ibra had a cold and missed the efl game against Hull. No way he won't start against Liverpool.

I've left Costa in my team (but on bench) , I can't afford to readd him as I got him for 10.2 and he's now 10.6 and I don't have spare cash.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I've swapped Ibra (illness?) for Kane. Fingers crossed.

He has already scored.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oops, didn't make any changes and really should've used a wild card this week. Here's hoping the dubious goals panel give that one too Erikssen rather than MCAuley
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I've swapped Ibra (illness?) for Kane. Fingers crossed.

Hat trick.
    Good signing, well done.
  • Brought Kane in too and made him my captain.
  • Didn't make him my captain. :( I thought I did.
  • Hat trick for kane. Damn.
  • Making up some ground. Only two people with more points than me this week so far. One of whom is obviously Cinty. If only I have Kane as captain though and not Defoe. That'll learn me.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Only two people with more points than me this week so far. One of whom is obviously Cinty.

37 in China now. Bam!
  • But seriously - 75 points is solid as fuck as you're smashing up the charts. Nice one.
  • So, last week's top player was a defender again. Chelsea's Alonso scored twice and kept a clean sheet on his way to 21 points. Well done that lad. In second place went to Kane (Spurs) whose hat-trick helped secure 17 points. Third place, to keep things neat, was shared by two midfielders; Arnautovic (Stoke, 2 goals) and Antonio (West Ham, 3 assists and a clean sheet) grabbed 15 points apiece.

Moving on there was Mirallas (Everton) on 14 points, Hernández (Hull) on 13, and Coleman (Everton) on 12. Sánchez (Arsenal), Crouch (Stoke) and Walker (Spurs) all managed 11 points, while Heaton (Burnley) and Valdés (Boro) were the best keepers, and amongst the last few players (Arsenal's Iwobi, Chelsea's Pedro, Liverpool's Milner and Spurs' Eriksen) to reach double figures.

Dream Team

Heaton
    Alonso, Coleman, Walker
    Antonio, Arnautovic, Mirallas, Sánchez
    Kane, Hernández, Crouch

The Bear & Badger League

1 Saint Cintters 89 1174 - Kane as captain.
    2 Inter Milambo 64 1111
    3 Le Saux Solid Crew 81 1079 - Sánchez as captain.
    4 Dean Court Dream 60 1065
    5 Quantum_Elephants 89 1064 - 6 players scoring double figures.
    6 Wet Dream Team 66 1050
    7 11 Desperate Men 75 1048 - 21 points from defence, plus Milner and Kane.
    8 Spatac Blutac 64 1024
    9 Lips XI 53 1022
    10 SHOUTYKENNETHS 58 1016
    11 West End Mafia 64 995
    12 Kokiri Rangers 78 987 - 27 points from defence, plus Sánchez and Kane.
    13 Inglorious Back Pass 30 985
    14 Secret layer o Pesto 68 984
    15 Danchester United 49 969
    16 SqueakyBumTim 41 967
    17 Drewnited 66 964
    18 Fuchs of Hazard 73 957 - Sánchez as captain.
    19 Coch periscope FC 38 909
    20 Eat my goal! 43 901

Deadline is 11.30am GMT today.
  • Last week was good. Not expecting too much this week though. I think the matchups favoured my team last week.
  • Coleman got me 15 points this week :D
  • 19 in China now! Holy fuck!
  • You had over 30 points from 6 players. I had 10. :(
  • Ooh didn't do bad in the end. Sanchez as captain got me a few, but Cahill got me lots.
  • The top two players this week, with 15 points apiece, were both defenders: Cahill (Chelsea) and Coleman (Everton). Firmino (L'pool) is in third place, as the week's best midfielder, closely followed by De Bruyne (Man City) on 13. Llorente scored twice in Swansea's schooling of Liverpool, making him the joint top-forward - with 13 points - alongside Carroll (West Ham) who also netted a brace. Brunt (West Brom) makes up the triumvirate of baker's dozen point scorers. Southampton and West Brom defenders Cédric and McAuley both played 90 minutes, kept a clean sheet, recorded an assist and got three bonus points to net 12 points. Ward-Prowse (Southampton) and Fletcher (West Brom) were the last of the players to secure double points, with 10.

No exceptional goalkeeping performances this weekend, but Courtois (Chelsea), Forster (Southampton) and Foster (West Brom) were the best performers, with 7 points each.

Dream Team

A surprising 5-3-2.

Foster
    Coleman, Cahill, Brunt, Cédric, McAuley
    Firmino, De Bruyne, Fletcher
    Llorente, Carroll

The Bear & Badger

1 Saint Cintters 55 1229 - Slipped a little, but still a full week ahead.
    2 Inter Milambo 66 1177
    3 Le Saux Solid Crew 71 1150 - The Dream Team's Cahill & Brunt in defence.
    4 Who Ate All Depays 52 1126 - Hello.
    5 Dean Court Dream 51 1116
    6 Quantum_Elephants 52 1116
    7 11 Desperate Men 56 1104
    8 Wet Dream Team 54 1104
    9 Spatac Blutac 62 1086
    10 Lips XI 59 1081
    11 SHOUTYKENNETHS 48 1064
    12 Inglorious Back Pass 64 1049
    13 Kokiri Rangers 61 1048
    14 Secret layer o Pesto 54 1038
    15 West End Mafia 41 1036
    16 Drewnited 60 1024
    17 Fuchs of Hazard 53 1010
    18 Danchester United 31 1000
    19 SqueakyBumTim 25 992 - Ouch.
    20 Coch periscope FC 64 973
    21 Eat my goal! 68 969

This week's deadline is 18:45 GMT on Tuesday 31 January.
  • Went for triple Captain on Sanchez cos I expected him to run riot on Watford. He got an assist but also a yellow card, the prick. Oh well. The Scum losing is a good consolation though.

At least I didn't waste it on Kane or something.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I think it's generally best to save those boosts for double gameweeks. With teams still in the cups having fixtures rearranged there'll be occasions with two fixtures in one week for some.
  • I was hoping to use them over Christmas and New Year, as last year was a riot of double fixtures, but not this year.
  • D'oh!
  • I'll write up the results later, but meanwhile be aware that the deadline for this game week is 11:30am GMT Sat 4 Feb.

Remember to hit save after you change your captain...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!