Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
  • You do have to click the save changes button at the bottom once you've subbed and captainised, I've forgotten to do that loads and been royally pissed off. It won't change Childintime its just a shit system, it should at least remind you to save changes before you leave the page.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    You do have to click the save changes button at the bottom once you've subbed and captainised, I've forgotten to do that loads and been royally pissed off. It won't change Childintime its just a shit system, it should at least remind you to save changes before you leave the page.

I confirmed the changes, because I have a habit of checking and double-checking. I had X amount of points with my intended setup, then came back the next day after 2 more matches had been played and my points had dropped because the captain changed.

It's a bug.
  • And I can be sure it's a bug because Llorente is a new player for me and I've never made him captain. The player he replaced wasn't captain either - you can check Andy's week 1 roundup - my captain was Zlatan. I changed it to Aguero, then it switched to Llorente between matches in this round.
  • Eric wrote:
    You do have to click the save changes button at the bottom once you've subbed and captainised, I've forgotten to do that loads and been royally pissed off. It won't change Childintime its just a shit system, it should at least remind you to save changes before you leave the page.
    I confirmed the changes, because I have a habit of checking and double-checking. I had X amount of points with my intended setup, then came back the next day after 2 more matches had been played and my points had dropped because the captain changed. It's a bug.

Fair play, well that is shit.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • And I beat him by one point in the head to head. Ooooooh.
  • Apologies for the delay, I'm away on a course, and getting wifi/reception is a pain in the posterior. You'll've been thinking I'd given up after just one week.

Stuani (Middlesbrough), Ibrahimovic (Man U), Agüerro and Nolito (both Man City) were the joint top scoring players of the week, on 13 points each. Davies of Hull was fifth, on 12 points, and as such was the top scoring defender. Burnley's Heaton was the best goalkeeper, securing 10 points for anyone who had him on their team.

Stewards Inquiry: Are vice-captains not meant to have their score multiplied by 1.5? Unless I'm greatly mistaken, it seems that this has not been applied to any of the teams I've looked at, and could potentially alter gameweek scores and league positions if it's applied later.

1 Spatac Blutac 68 123

Agüerro being promoted from vice-captain to captain was the killer move here, as he took home 26 points for the leaders. Shaw (Man U) and Bellerín (Arsenal) also put up mighty defensive performances, bringing in 11 and 9 points respectively.

2 Coch periscope FC 68 122

Attacking prowess was the order of the day here, with both Ibrahimovic and Agüerro up front, and as captain and vice-captain respectively. Negredo (Middlesbrough) completes the attacking trio here, netting a not-to-be-sniffed-at 10 points.

3 West End Mafia 74 121

Joe makes an early move out of the dreaded Europa League slots, and into the top four with (any guesses) Ibrahimovic and Negredo up front as captain and vice-captain. Wanyama (Spurs) also brought in 11 points in midfield.

4 Saint Cintters 67 119

The manager raised issues with potential bugs surrounding selection of captaincy. On my screen, though, it shows Agüerro as captain, with the correct points. Early signs that Cinty is the moaning Mark Hughes of this competition?! ;)

5 Secret layer o Pesto 64 108
    6 Inter Milambo 74 106
    7 11 Desperate Men 61 101
    8 SHOUTYKENNETHS 57 101
    9 Fuchs of Hazard 54 97
    10 Danchester United 52 95
    11 Dean Court Dream 49 92
    12 Inglorious Back Pass 55 89
    13 Lips XI 48 84
    14 Le Saux Solid Crew 53 82
    15 Wet Dream Team 42 78
    16 Eat my goal! 36 75
    17 SqueakyBumTim 41 74
    18 Kokiri Rangers 47 72
    19 Drewnited 30 64

An utterly piss-poor performance from yours truly, the lowest scoring team of the week saw me crashing to the bottom of the league. De Gea (Man U) secured 6 points, but the rest of the boys need to take a long, hard look in the dressing room mirror. (To examine their self-worth, not pout and preen like the shower of professional footballer prima Donna shitehawks they all are.)
  • Whoa, I got points? Completely forgot to actually look at my team this week. Will make more effort from this weekend.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Andy wrote:

4 Saint Cintters 67 119

The manager raised issues with potential bugs surrounding selection of captaincy. On my screen, though, it shows Agüerro as captain, with the correct points. Early signs that Cinty is the moaning Mark Hughes of this competition?! ;)

I fired them off an email - they replied that it was a bug with the iPhone app. The actual score in the league was fine, if accessed from PC - but on the iPhone it shows up wrong.

They were super quick though, and really apologetic, so all is good.

If anyone gets that bug they'll need to uninstall the app and redownload it - that should fix the problem.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I caved and used my wildcard this week but regretting it slightly now. Hoping a nice points boost this weekend will justify it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm tempted to, but although no-one is scoring big points, nobody is massively terrible either

Do you still get to carry one transfer over each week, in which case maybe two changes is enough
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • If you're wondering what the fuck happened to Ibrahimovic this week, the answer is that I put him in my squad and made him captain. He will be shit until I get rid of him. You're welcome.

Sánchez (Arsenal) was player of the week, with 16 points, and Sterling (Man City) wasn't far behind on 15. William & Hazard (Chelsea) were joint third with 11 points, making Hazard the top scoring player after 3 weeks, at 25 points.

Joint fifth place, with 10 points apiece, goes to yet another midfielder, Milner (Liverpool) and goalkeepers Given (Stoke) and Flappihandski (Swansea).

You have to go to joint eighth place to find the top-scoring forward, Defoe (Sunderland) who scored 9 points, as did the three top-scoring defenders Dann (Crystal Palace), Valencia (Man Utd) and Gibson (Middlesbrough).

So, the best team were as follows:

GKP: Given
    DEF: Gibson / Dann/ Valencia / Evans (West Brom - 8 points)
    MID: Sánchez / Sterling / Hazard / Willian / Milner
    FWD: Defoe

That would have got you 117 points.  The best in the whole competition got 112 points. The best in our league (Wet Dream Team) got 53 points. The average score in the whole competition this week was 42. The Bear & Badger league average was 38.

1  Saint Cintters  48  167

Leaping back into first place, largely thanks to Sánchez.

2  Spatac Blutac  51  166

Sterling takes the bulk of the credit here.

3  Secret layer o Pesto  48  156

Hazard and Willian in midfield doing the business, getting SLoP FC into the top four.

4  Coch periscope FC  33  155

Not a great week, staying in the top 4 largely due to Lamela (Spurs) getting 7 points.

5  11 Desperate Men  51  152
    6  West End Mafia  30  151
    7  Inter Milambo  41  147
    8  Fuchs of Hazard  41  134
    9  Wet Dream Team  53  131
    10  SHOUTYKENNETHS  26  127 - shout out for the lowest scoring team this week
    11  Dean Court Dream  31  123
    12  Inglorious Back Pass  33  122
    13  Danchester United  36  119
    14  Le Saux Solid Crew  34  116
    15  Lips XI  29  113 - another team which scored <30
    16  Eat my goal!  34  109
    17  Drewnited  44  108
    18  Kokiri Rangers  35  107
    19  SqueakyBumTim  29  103

The third sub-thirty team, the manager needs to address some squad issues if he wants to avoid further woes.
  • Beautiful. The natural order has been restored.
  • I'll definitely look at my team before the next set of league games.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jonny Evans and Willian being on my bench didn't help a lot
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • and to think I used my woldcard to pick a better team. 

I'll hopefully make up some ground soon.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm going to take Mkhitaryan out of my starting XI, that way Jose is guaranteed to start him against City.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah I flogged him at the weekend, was doing my nut in
  • Got rid of Cabaye. No one costs me a point and gets away with it.
  • I dunno what happened this week. All the teams I backed did well, just the wrong players. Spurs v liverpool score draw hurt me
  • I had the right Chelsea players. The rest was average to poor.
  • Remember to check your line-ups, folks.
  • Just loaded it up for the first time in a while and Lukaku is my captain again.  I'm not altering anything on a phone, it's all been done on a PC browser, any idea why this keeps happening?
  • Eric wrote:

Ah wait, when I read this I thought it was just for phones.  Click save, gotcha.
  • Nope, looked at it for too long now, it'll have to stay as it is.  Townsend in, and a United attack trying to earn points against a City defence.  Serves me right for having six players from the Manchesters.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I forgot about this, I even got a reminder from the app, but was doing some work stuff and it slipped me by. However I seemed to do ok, just hoping the substitues come on in the right order, so Willian get's the armband as he comes in off the bench, then Klopp screwed me over my bringing Moreno on for 2 minutes, so I need Gylfi to either not play or get a hattrick tomorrow
  • Did shit this week.
    Nothing wrong with my team really, just lots of 2 point scores.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!