Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Seems like wrestling really fucks up your ears..

Wrestling (and its variants) and rugby, aye. It's normally the nose if not the ears in boxing. The antihelix (catapult-shaped bit) is prone to inflammation that doesn't heal properly. Poor blood supply, I think.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    90+ javelin man was 'injured' five weeks ago, and they weren't sure what form he'd be in.

Very possibly was injured, but commentators' glossing-over of highly suss happenings tempers my enjoyment. I don't mind the doping, but let's be honest. I know it's not their job and they could get into trouble, but the likes of Cram who commit to calling athletes clean are part of the problem.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nintendo got a bit of a look-in at the closing ceremony then.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tokyo should be a lot better. London's opener was a piss dungeon of misplaced pride. The likes of The Spice Girls represent our worst; their parade underlined a commercial-warmonger's outlook on what constitutes Britain's cultural highs.

Japan's jingoism relies on a lot of history that translates well through music and art. Get Sakamoto playing Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence and I'll be happy.

GB should've opened with:

• Tokyo is gonna be fucking lit! Look at this shit from last night!

• Omg the football anime the whole world except you goddamn honkies gew up watching was on that trailer. Olive et Tom in French.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At the end of the Mario segment there is a brief firework flurry and I do believe it was accompanied by the SMB end of level jingle.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Though it's all done and dusted, the boxing, without the headguards, was excellent. It even outshone the track and field events for me this time around.

But some of the judging was fucking atrocious.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    At the end of the Mario segment there is a brief firework flurry and I do believe it was accompanied by the SMB end of level jingle.
    Indeed it was.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape wrote:
    Tokyo should be a lot better. London's opener was a piss dungeon of misplaced pride. The likes of The Spice Girls represent our worst; their parade underlined a commercial-warmonger's outlook on what constitutes Britain's cultural highs.

Shut your mouth hole, it was amaze
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Nah, Emma Thompson's right: we're a bunch of grey-island cake-bakers. Good cakes. We should've had a giant sponge in the middle of Teletubbyland.

I say ‘we’ in reference to the 65-odd million heads in the UK, the vast majority of whom I've never met, nor share any affiliations with; beyond a mutual birthplace some 600 miles high. I ain't no Englishman.
  • So the Paralympics are underway and it's great to see Team GB doing really well in the Velodrome and the swimming so far.
    3816134400000578-3780530-image-a-16_1473367532387.jpg
    I'm enjoying the coverage, but Ch4 are doing things a bit differently this time. They opted to save money and not take Team Hi-Mo to this one, and their coverage is suffering for the lack of it. Me and the lads burst a gut for them at London 2012, so it's a bittersweet thing for us to be watching from home this time. Somehow I don't think they'll be winning the Bafta for their coverage on this occasion.

On the other hand... Lightening hasn't struck twice. As feared, London 2012 seems to have been a one off roaring success and isn't going to be repeated any time soon. I'm watching Day 1 of the athletics and the stadium in Rio has less than 5,000 people in it. Day 1 in London we had 80,000 people turn up, and our stadium was filled to capacity on every session for the duration of the games.

This must be heartbreaking for all the athletes. To have made such great strides with London 2012 only for it to all be forgotten by the time Rio 2016 rolls round. It's a fucking shame.
    Has to be said that none of this will be helped by the Paras not even being shown on free to view telly in Brazil. If you want to see it out there, you need to have a cable subscription. Poor show that.

I won't lie, I'd like to have been there, but the way it's panning out there's a very big part of me that's glad I'm not. I left my heart in the east end of London back in 2012, and even if Rio had been a big success and Team GB go on to do really well, it's maybe a good thing to just draw a line under the whole thing. Like a never to be repeated holiday romance of sorts.

Anyhoo, watch some of it. It's inspirational stuff, and the athletes all deserve an audience. There's a great joy at the heart of Para Sport that's long been missing from their able-bodied big brother. 
    When Olivia Breen runs in the T38 100m heats at the back of midnight tonight, I'll be cheering her on like a complete dafty.
    Tamira+Slaby+Olivia+Breen+2012+London+Paralympics+fQz5KAdJZYml.jpg

maybe you should too

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The runner on the left only has one leg. Surely that can't be fair.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Heh, I did notice that. Though interestingly I watched swimming races yesterday where people with no legs were owning the fully limbed competitors. It's amazing stuff really.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The middle one is a Vulcan, is that considered a handicap?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • spock-cat-gif.gif
  • With it being on Channel 4, I just forget it's on unfortunately
  • London 2012
    Screen%20Shot%202016-09-09%20at%2012.22.10_zps3sqo2lp1.png

Rio 2016
    Screen%20Shot%202016-09-09%20at%2012.27.17_zps71f0ydtd.png

Sad times. Good crowds at the swimming and velodrome events yesterday to be fair, but it's tragic seeing the athletics stadium virtually empty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    These blind football fuckers are way better than me and it's pissing me off no end.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I think London enjoyed decent crowds because British athletes were expected to medal, it was in Europe, and the ticket prices for the Olympics were crazy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think the stadium in Rio was full most of the time during the actual Olympics either.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!