Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Reading on sb nation about the playoff money, like no player ever who has played in the post season hasn't got the cash - even crack head odom got some money from the mavs and he didn't play a game in the playoffs cause of off field "issues"
    That's not a happy locker room.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Just finished game 7 of the spurs v clips - one of the best basketball games I have ever seen. CP3 performance was astonishing.

• Have that and game 1 of wiz atlanta to watch. have failed spectacularly at being spoiler free. Will still watch.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Simmons fired by ESPN. Ffs.
  • for once he is keeping quiet about a big story!

• Clippers need to blow up roster. Can't believe they lost.
  • Yeah what a collapse, have to say Josh Smith was outstanding on both ends of the floor in Game 7.
    Shame Simmons is on gardening leave his take on this would be interesting.

• Warriors are too much. Injury is the only thing that will stop them.
  • the thing is I think they could even take an injury to a starter and still be the best team by some distance.
    Can see Lebron stopping it being a sweep in the final but little else, that bench is horrible.

• I dunno, with no injuries, I could see Cleveland having a good crack, LeBron is LeBron, they have good bigs, but mainly, they have a combo of guards who will make Thomson and curry work. Dellie and shumpet are + defenders. I don't even think Jr is awful, it's only kyrie who's bad, but he can drop 40 + on a given night.

Although maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves. That Hawks warriors game mid year was awesome. If they can get it together, it could be a fun series.

But still, when warriors can take the first 15 minutes off, send in the bench and eviscerate a 16 point lead,what can you do?

I mean I'd love to see minutes per game for curry vs Blake. Curry got 34 easily, it was mental.
  • Yip 4 good guards but only 3 other players who are above decent.
    The two bigs are solid but they hog the paint forcing LBJ and Kyrie to take way too many j's. Against the Bulls their offence was painful to watch 
    Overall this feels like an NBA transition year with only GSW playing like a proper championship contender imo

• Yeah.
  • Fingers crossed up in Atlanta right now.
  • Indeed - seems not so bad with no structural damage.
    Loved JR Smiths comments after the first game "I just looked to take good shots", no you didn't you took crazy fade away 3 pointers when being double teamed and made most of them!

• Yeah, but totally right sitcho for him. If he's off, run with the others and you lose nothing.

GSW need to stop messing around. That shouldn't have been close.

Bogut played great too. Perfect game for what GSW need from him.
  • Sneakerbox podcast - a poddo from Detroit about sneakers I listen to - frequently devolves into bickering about bball and football and I love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Yeah, but totally right sitcho for him. If he's off, run with the others and you lose nothing.

GSW need to stop messing around. That shouldn't have been close.

Bogut played great too. Perfect game for what GSW need from him.

Yeah thats the thing with GSW, you think they are all pace and 3 point bombs but they are also tough as hell and long. I don't get how they managed to get that level of quality with that amount of depth and not be WAY over the cap but then I generally don't understand the CAP and stuff like Mid Level Exceptions.

• Just watched game 2 of the western finals - how come Houston didn't call a TO when they got that last stop? 
    Great game though, harden is sooooo good on offence. The difference in quality over the eastern finals is marked.

• I wondered, assumed they were out.
  • Re cap. Largely because the starting 5 outside bogut is developed from draft. Draymond is due his contract this year, Barnes will be next, I think. Iggy, Lee and bogut are all on solid money, but after that the bench isn't over paid. They're probably paying some luxury tax this year, and will definitely be next. Reckon Lee will be gone.
  • http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Curry is only on $10 to $12 Mil! Klays pay days come next year. Draymond is only getting less than a mill this year.

Jesus. No wonder bob Myers got exec of the year.
  • Only thing worse than Hawks play is the stability of their knees. Jesus.
  • Io remembered that lee was on good money so didn't get how they could pay all the rest when he doesn't even get a game.
    I guess curry is on a relatively low salary because there was concern over his fitness at the time.
    All goes to show the importance of consistently drafting well!

• Stick a fork in it. Korver is done for the season.

Lucien-Smith-A-Clean-Sweep-Installation-View-Photos-by-Matthu-Placek-Courtesy-The-Suzanne-Geiss-Company.jpg
  • just watching game 2 now, Atlanta is as bad a conference finalists as I have ever seen.
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry, on the one hand I feel like the celtics could pick up a couple of decent free agents and make it deep into the playoffs next season; on the other hand LBJ could go to any eastern conf team and take them to the finals.  Had Shumpert and JRS stayed with the Knicks and LBJ had joined them I would back them to make the finals - thats how bad the eastern conf is / that how good LBJ is.

• It is a little unfair on Atlanta though. I've read and watched a lot of them this year and also about post season stuff, and they're just off the boil. They're away from what they do well, and missing open shots.

The 2 games against GSW in the regular season where top quality. And the atl win in atl was spectacular.

End result is ugly, but doesn't change the fact they were great for the first 2 thirds of the season. They will have room to manoeuvre in the off season too. Plus a high draft pick because lol nets.
  • Fair enough, I slept through the reg season so can't comment.  
    It's still depressing that no one has stepped up to compete with Cleveland in the eastern playoffs though.

• Yeah. And I'm right with you in general re East. But atl were legit and really were carving up East and west.

As long as they keep trading and drafting in the right way they will only get better.
  • Wow.
  • I'm watching a St Louis Cardinals baseball game tomorrow, I'm so hyped. Should be awesome! Will be getting a hot dog and lots of other stereo typical things.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!