Hitman - Episodic Edition
  • Same, everyone should play Hitman and Gremill keeps delivering top quality sarcasm on twitter and should be remunerated
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gremill's on Twatter? *spits*

You're getting fuck all from me sunshine.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have murdered my way through various levels of this. Nobody is innocent, the only limit is how many places I can find to stuff the bodies.
  • That's a lovely offer folks, but I couldn't possibly. I'll find the cash somewhere!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • So have put in about eight hours and haven't even attempted the second main mission. Just completed all challenges and escalations on the IAC levels and done a few run throughs on Paris. Absolutely obsessed with this game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeeeaahahhh

I demand a recall of 2016 goty
  • Bought it on the never never and will pay it off Tuesday.

Won't actually get to play it until Tuesday though.
  • Downloaded the freebie, will try play soon.
  • Can't face downloading 40gb on my PC or I'd have played a chunk of this already.
  • So I've started playing this and I'm quite enjoying it. I've done the introduction and the Paris mission (once) so far and it's all very Hitman. Which is nice, but I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment - it doesn't seem that different to the games I played on PS2.

I can see where there's quite a lot of freedom to execute the missions in different ways, but I'm finding that either there's a bewildering range of options or its handholding a bit too much and pointing me in exactly the right direction to do very specific tasks.

I suppose the glory is found in the replays, yeah? That's not something I'm used to doing so maybe I need to change and not the game...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm feeling the same Grem. It's not clicking with me at all yet.

Also, on the Paris level I was about to go to bed and thought I'd have a mess about.
    Spoiler:

• FranticPea wrote:
    I'm feeling the same Grem. It's not clicking with me at all yet.

Also, on the Paris level I was about to go to bed and thought I'd have a mess about.
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe it's asking too much for a completely consistent non-gamey response but that's kind of my feeling too.

Not even in as extreme a context as that though - I'd have liked to have seen dudes being a lot more persistent when trying to follow me when I raise suspicion. All you really need to do is walk away and they sharp lose interest.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a videogame ass videogame. It also wants you to be able to try new things despite fuck ups. I welcomed the more lenient structure as it meant I could recover back on missions. The vision cone is a tenant of loads of games but I'm glad they were forgiving in this.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I love the improvisation it encourages, and my Paris mission was pretty tense. I need to put more time in.
  • This is awful. Seriously terrible and undeniably huge waste of gaming time.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Actually I'm very wrong. This is now very amazing.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wow. 6 minutes from awful to awesome.
  • Uninstalled.
  • You're gonna have to expand. Paris or training?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Strange kind of mixture of holding your hand but at the same time expecting you to understand how the mechanics work from the off. More frustrating than helpful. I kind of expected that if you followed the instructions given, then you would kind of have a chance of finishing the level.
    Seemed to be too many times I was triggering something but not always sure why it was happening.
    I guess it needs more time, and I'll give it some more as well. currently it is very average atm.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Turn the AIDS off, get a feel for a level and work out ways to bump the targets off yourself, even if it's a clumsy bullet to the back of the noggin then scarper.

The other elaborate stuff can wait for a replay.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The only way I've got any target is by shooting them then running away. I don't know, for example, how to get poison from a glass on the table into the target's mouth. There's no "fancy a drink?" option.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep, seconded. Give your own ingenuity and resourcefulness a run out first time then start doing daft shit
  • The hand holding complaint is kinda getting old. Without having to read too far back, basically everyone just says turn it off.

Everything else, yes, you need to work it out. Save lots and be of a mindset that the levels are going to be replayed by design. There is a loose time constraint too. Mini dead rising style.

Easy to just spend 45 minutes scoping all the areas of Paris just to see what stuff does.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It's a videogame ass videogame.

Also this. So this.
  • Kow wrote:
    The only way I've got any target is by shooting them then running away. I don't know, for example, how to get poison from a glass on the table into the target's mouth. There's no "fancy a drink?" option.

Not everything in a level is in service of killing a specific target. In Paris the main target, being a mega rich fashion designer, will only drink specific cocktail, so you have to jump through a lot of hoops to poison him.

Other glasses might be good for targets outside the main hit though, like the user generated ones or the escalation targets.

To get the most out of the game you have to approach it like like a clockwork puzzle, not a real life scenario. You need to revel in the artifice, like it does.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm afraid I don't have the patience for that. It's very rare I'll replay anything, the option is wasted on me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll revel in your artifice in a minute.
  • How very dare you.
    Kow wrote:
    I'm afraid I don't have the patience for that. It's very rare I'll replay anything, the option is wasted on me.

It is a fun enough game without replaying but the value is in going over things again and again, working it all out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!