Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Downloaded MCC after yesterday giving me the thirst. Haven't played since its tumultuous launch, where to start.
  • ODST
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I would start with Reach.
  • Always the teacher.
  • Just play Halo 3 heroic campaign and you'll get all the Halo you need man. I'd argue legendary but old man's rust plays a part in many of us....
  • Halo 3 stands up the best, Halo 1 was jaw dropping, ODST was welcome.
  • Halo 3 stands up the best, Halo 1 was jaw dropping, ODST was welcome.

I can agree with that
  • That's it i'm going to have to play 3 and ODST again soon
  • ODST was dimly lit from what I remember. Loved 3 with all my heart. Still remember so many clutch moments.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Sorry, I know we've been here many times. I just wondered more what has been most improved since launch, or if any of what has been added since got a real nice lick of paint.
  • Do you mean what ones have been re-released?

Halo 1 and 2 have HD versions. In both games you can toggle HD and original graphics. Which is really more fun than it should be.
    I believe 3, 4, ODST and Reach all just run more smoothly on Bone as part of MCC.

5 is just a Bone game
  • Sorry, I know we've been here many times. I just wondered more what has been most improved since launch, or if any of what has been added since got a real nice lick of paint.

I thought it was just the MP broken on launch. Dont think SP changed and yeah what Liv said. MP is good now, works great last time i tried, you can set it to just 3 team slayer which is ideal for me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @livdiv

I'll be your huckleberry for 5 if you need a partner. The story is the worst but the gameplay is tasty
  • I can't recall a nice thing to say about sp 5 except there were some bits that looked kinda nice.

Mp was to notch though.

Infinite looked to have the right weight and movement on things again. Elites didn't look shit or floaty like in later 343s.

Also, very deliberate leg shots looked cool as well.

If those animations are properly set up with some rhythmic windows to nail Headshots and stuff, could be awesome.

Odst firefight says what up.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • @livdiv

I'll be your huckleberry for 5 if you need a partner. The story is the worst but the gameplay is tasty
    Cheers for the offer mate but I think I might have had my fill.
    It is pretty dull to play

• Eurogamer said halo infinite was running on a pc.
  • I thought 5 SP was alright if you forget it's Halo and just imagine it's some dumb sci-fi shooter with decent graphics and combat.
  • I’d rather not have to imagine good combat though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Very enlightening.

So I wasn't losing my marbles, it looked ropey for a lot of reasons. The Reach clip looked twice as good. MalcomTucker.gif.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Aye, that's very interesting.
  • Can anyone sum up that video in a sentence or two? I can't make it through a digital floundry video without nodding off.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The shift to dynamic lighting in Halo: Infinite makes everything look flat because most of the gameplay demo takes place in the shade.
  • Don’t worry about everything looking flat because what really matters is that we’re using a flashier lighting system, ok?
  • Yet it's still too colourful. Every enemy has a differently coloured death splat and it's a bit much.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Can anyone sum up that video in a sentence or two? I can't make it through a digital floundry video without nodding off.

Basically the graphics look bad because they sort of are bad, in as much that they are using some last-gen lighting techniques that really don't show off the level of detail in the models in the best light. And there's some questionable choices like the plasma/shield effects being rather opaque, and armour materials looking very plastic and matte compared to previous game's more exotic alien materials.

I think he mentioned that raytracing might be a planned addition later down the line, which could definitely help to bring it up to next-gen spec. For now though I guess you could chalk it up to being rather early days for the final visuals, and perhaps due to it's apparently open-world nature and need to work across generations it can't match other games in fidelity.
  • I thought it looked fine - chunky and smooth. I never notice graphics much when I'm in the heat of battle in an FPS. The death colour splashes maybe need a tone down as they're a little too garish. Gameplay looked more in line with Bungo Halo. The grapple looks like a fun little gimmick that could keep combat flowing. I wonder if it's on a cooldown or if you can spam it willy nilly?

The story seems like it's gonna be absolutely fucking terrible though. That whole bit with the chief brute was so cringe. Overlong too. They should've stuck with more gameplay.
  • Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!