Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Elliot has been asking to play Halo 3 campaign with me. Can't remember the age rating, but there's no swearing in Halo right? I'm sure it'll be fine. Playing Halo co-op with him could be great fun.

If you can turn on the perks from the start and turn on the party poppers perk (when you kill an enemy or was it just grunts, then they explode with party poppers strings. That would be cool for someone his age.
  • Vela: Gotcha.

Anyway. 10 million+ player base at launch. Multiplayer is gonna be a fucking maelstrom of fun.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    f you can turn on the perks from the start and turn on the party poppers perk (when you kill an enemy or was it just grunts, then they explode with party poppers strings. That would be cool for someone his age.

Or my age.

The one you're looking for there is Grunt Birthday Party.
  • g.man wrote:
    People be ragging on new Halo because it apparently doesn't look all that graphically, but, what I think they've done is quite intentional. It looks like OG Halo aesthetically in a way they'd completely lost in recent titles. It's just OG halo art-style reimagined with all the current day bells and whistles. Sort of retro-futurism for want of a better term.

Strong agree with this.  The slow chunk is back and I'm ready.

Even the 'lol look at this screenshot' doing the rounds isn't an affront to my eyes.  It looks clean and it's going to run smoothly.  If it wasn't on gamepass I'd be prepared to pay for the campaign.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    People be ragging on new Halo because it apparently doesn't look all that graphically, but, what I think they've done is quite intentional. It looks like OG Halo aesthetically in a way they'd completely lost in recent titles. It's just OG halo art-style reimagined with all the current day bells and whistles. Sort of retro-futurism for want of a better term.

Strong agree with this.  The slow chunk is back and I'm ready.

Even the 'lol look at this screenshot' doing the rounds isn't an affront to my eyes.  It looks clean and it's going to run smoothly.  If it wasn't on gamepass I'd be prepared to pay for the campaign.

I think the eurogamer article nailed it - it is meant to look fine on any xbox, any xcloud, so it can't be a grunt. It is a system seller.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LuIwq1l.jpg
  • Yeah, it's a different kettle of fish to MGS5 on PS3 or Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360 etc.  I'm surprised there's this much surprise over the visuals. 

What does strike me as odd is the 10yr plan Dante mentioned for Infinite.  Considering the Xbox family is due to wave goodbye to a couple of members in 2022ish it's a bold decision to craft the template as a cross-plat release.  I assume the engine has a high ceiling for improvement once the Bone trailer is detached?  # Tech stuff.
  • For me when I was watching on the stream it looked like the Halo:CE HD thing on 360.
    I am sure putting them side by side it would look way better but thats what our brains do and the fact it was very similar in setting to that initial landing on the ring in Halo:CE added to it.
    Its just a perception thing.

What did look shit was that Brute at the end ranting on for ages. That looked rough as old boots even for current gen. Clearly an in game asset that would look fine at a distance while rolling around and masked by purple gunfire. Fill the screen with it for a minute of waffle though and it looked bad, that was an error.
  • I imagine they made this decison relatively early on, and have thus designed it as such. Anyone looking at Bungies attempts to hammer a square peg into a round hole will hopefully have learned from it.
  • Vela: Gotcha.

Anyway. 10 million+ player base at launch. Multiplayer is gonna be a fucking maelstrom of fun.

Ms are doing some very good things this gen for the end user. Backwards compatibility, carrying over ownership of digital titles and gamepass.

It's a model that I hope catches on everywhere.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Liv hitting nails up there. The CGI intro pulled me in then, meh. If that's 343's best effort using 12 terryflaps...
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • It's their best effort that accounts for the Xbox One.
  • I think it looks alright. Graphically, I suppose they have to bow to the lowest system spec and srill keep it at 60 fps, but if the story isn't a mad pile of shit it might be quite good. What's infinite about it?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • If you can look ahead up the circumference of the ringworld and travel to places around it that would be pretty cool. Looking up and seeing the immense structure rear into the skies above was always one of the coolest things about the original Halos, being able to explore it would be great.
  • I’m sure it’ll look fine on my BoneX on a 32” LCDTV. On Game Pass. Sorted.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Game pass really it's very good.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • If you can look ahead up the circumference of the ringworld and travel to places around it that would be pretty cool. Looking up and seeing the immense structure rear into the skies above was always one of the coolest things about the original Halos, being able to explore it would be great.
    I like this and it has got me a bit more hype.
    As good as old Halo was it didn't really always get across that you were on this ring rather than just an Earth style planet. If they can push that sense of scale more it could be cool.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just played an hour of Halo 3 with Elliot and his exact words were "THIS. IS. SICK".

Sick still means good these days right?
  • Yes. You are a good dad.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • This weekend Im playing Halo and listening to Boys Noize.
    It is like it is 2008 all over again.

Might have some vodka red bulls.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    He also kept telling me to 'yeet' grenades at enemies, which apparently means throw?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Does he keep calling you bruh or brah too? It's excruciating
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    No. Was bad enough when Daddy turned into Dad.

Weep.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    No. Was bad enough when Daddy turned into Dad. Weep.
    Yeah that has to happen though. You don't want him to be like them weird toffs who call their parents Mummy and Daddy into adulthood.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yes I know. He could've waiting until he was 18 though like I asked.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Theres a kid at my school who is going into 4th year (15-16) and his mother still requests she be referred to and he call her mummy.
  • I get called daddy quite often and I don't even have any kids.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    ELLIOT STILL CALLS MRS PEA MUMMY.

I think he's just trolling me though tbh.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I get called daddy quite often and I don't even have any kids.

Haha!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Weird as shit, possibly no sp at launch.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1286684027039166468?s=19

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!