Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • 343 are awful. If this is them having a Destiny 1 moment then it's going to be a shit Destiny 1 (which is saying something) because if Bungie couldn't pull it off at first then 343 are completely fucked.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Although I do quite like the trailer.
  • Also they could've done a good Infinite game on the PS5 with it's fancy SSD thingy.
  • games like this succinctly capture why I got bored of playing games
  • Though the Indie stuff coming through is amazing.
  • yea. in the last 10 years I've played maybe 5 games? 

slay the spire
    x-com/2
    rimworld
    the witness
    sunless sea

All these games did something original; something to get my brain releasing happiness chemicals. Seeing that gameplay vid it's hard for me to imagine raising even the faintest of smiles
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really must play Rimworld.
  • For a proper jaw dropping grin inducing bit of true escapism I strongly recommend Subnautica, go in blind.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Especially in VR.
  • Aye.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • 120fps Multiplayer confirmed, cray cray.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The response from 343 still sounds like a company probably 6 months to a year away from what should be the release and still points to dev hell. Nothing wrong with going with original Halo art style. Just didn’t think they’d use the same tech ;-)

I’m sure it’ll be a fun game still but next gen I don’t think so. Good thing Hellblade will be around to show the advances in tech.
  • Pretty much confirms my thoughts that they weren't ready for a gameplay reveal. They said that footage was from several weeks ago which was about when MS got flack for not showing gameplay so it really seems like there was some pressure from head office there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Overall it kind of feels like MS strategy has shifted. They original came out with the Most Powerful Console evah. Then for some unknown reason backtracked on that to say we’ll keep everyone in the loop with games. One month we are talking 12 teraflops then a few months later teraflops aren’t that important... oh here’s GamePass.

It kind of feels like the marketing department are rattled by Sony. Which is weird as on paper MS have the better machine.
  • It's all about PC. Maybe Nintendo can hold out the most but open hardware is the future. It always has been.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Overall it kind of feels like MS strategy has shifted. They original came out with the Most Powerful Console evah. Then for some unknown reason backtracked on that to say we’ll keep everyone in the loop with games. One month we are talking 12 teraflops then a few months later teraflops aren’t that important... oh here’s GamePass. It kind of feels like the marketing department are rattled by Sony. Which is weird as on paper MS have the better machine.
    To be fair they always said the July event would be nothing but games. No business stuff, no tech, just games. I guess next time they'll be back talking about flops etc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Apple and the millions of owners would disagree. It’s always been a philosophical difference in tech. Open but requires more investment due to the inherent issues with differing hardware specs that aren’t controlled. The Apple way is control the hardware and software, like a console, but make the experience easier. Buying patterns would indicate that is still split.

Edit - SG
  • Scout wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Overall it kind of feels like MS strategy has shifted. They original came out with the Most Powerful Console evah. Then for some unknown reason backtracked on that to say we’ll keep everyone in the loop with games. One month we are talking 12 teraflops then a few months later teraflops aren’t that important... oh here’s GamePass. It kind of feels like the marketing department are rattled by Sony. Which is weird as on paper MS have the better machine.
    To be fair they always said the July event would be nothing but games. No business stuff, no tech, just games. I guess next time they'll be back talking about flops etc.
    I dunno. The July event seemed to be a bit of a flop.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Scout - I get it’s about games but it now feels like it’s more about GamePass than the Series X.
  • Mp Confirmed f2p and 120fps on Series X
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Interesting about the MP. I guess Crayon(?) Was right.
    So you only really get the SP on Gamepass.

If it is f2p then there will be microtransactions of some form. Craig skin 200 Cortana Points.
  • Personally as long as micro transactions are cosmetic I don’t really care about them
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But Craig?!
  • Fuck im
  • Definite wiff of Battlepass though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I wanted to do reach tonight but a baby got in the way
    I might still be able to do it tomorrow if anyone is up becauae I think it is still the best campaign.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Mp Confirmed f2p and 120fps on Series X
    Exclusive leaked footage...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • F2P is good. Needs to be cross platform with PC too. The fact that I can play war zone with someone on PC and Xbox and Ps at same time makes the fact I can’t cross platform MCC pretty disappointing.
    GT: Knight640
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

It was even called Xbox Games Showcase to emphasise that fact, and Game Pass has clearly been their strategy for years now. Releasing the Series X doesn't change that because, brace yourselves for an apparently shocking revelation here, Game Pass is on it. They're not mutually exclusive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!