Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I’ll be laptopping mine. It’s gonna look spangly on my 17” 1080p screen at millions of hhz.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    There was never a need. Just get a Samsung phone son.

Im out of touch, so no idea what your on about. I presume you can stream the xbox games to your phone and use a controller?!?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yup check the Xbox thread. People are doing it now.
  • Cool will have a look
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yup check the Xbox thread. People are doing it now.

Some people are anyway.
  • been watching hours of preston play recent money match doubles on H3. 

The level of strategy that goes into playing is so deep now
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    There was never a need. Just get a Samsung phone son.
    Im out of touch, so no idea what your on about. I presume you can stream the xbox games to your phone and use a controller?!?
    Yep.

They have now rolled out (beta) streaming to all out Gamepass Ultimate subscribers. 2 minutes to set up and you can play a variety of Gamepass titles through streaming them to an Android phone from the cloud. I got on with it very well this morning - Halo 5 played extremely well. I've jumped on again now and it's a lot more jittery - This could be my end (not the best wi-fi and I'm not playing on a 5ghz channel which is apparently the way to go) or it could be because a lot more people are trying it out now.

It's really quite impressive. Definitely still in Beta though, so don't go in expecting everything to play as well as it (hopefully) will in September.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Beta means final release Tiger, keep up.
  • Ha good one. Is it just Android phones for xcloud then? Fairly sure I read somewhere you'll be able to stream to tablets and browsers like Stadia? Also, one would assume you'll eventually be able to stream games to your Xbox via Xcloud? Like if you have Halo Infinite on your base bone or series S or whatever, but have Gamepass Ultimate, will you be able to stream the higher quality version, or will they paywall 4K 60fps etc for those on older consoles...

All seems a bit messy at the minute.
  • Browsers / PC application will come later.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Halo delay, 2021 is a pretty big window. Surely it's first half?

I wonder what went on. Five years worth of development, I thought it would be more or less ready way before the SX launch and had been intentionally held back for that, giving it a bit of extra polish time. It appears they've scrapped the lot and went back to the drawing board at some point.
  • I think 343 might have piled so much into fixing MCC, that the subsequent games have suffered. I mean that was some saga. It went on for years. It was supposed to be one of the flagship bangers for the Bone when that released and they've only just really got it to where it needed to be now. Quite something.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think 343 might have piled so much into fixing MCC, that the subsequent games have suffered. I mean that was some saga. It went on for years. It was supposed to be one of the flagship bangers for the Bone when that released and they've only just really got it to where it needed to be now. Quite something.

343 have had bigger issues than that. Massive management and staff changes, the last remnants of Bungie left, they've got fewer actual experienced developers. It has been hinted about for ages on podcasts like IGN and GiantBomb.

There has been a lot of turmoil on that studio, and it is not just covid related.

I am.... interested to see what comes out. Part of me wonders if Microsoft would can it last minute, a la Starfox 2 because they think they can salvage the name (being blunt, it hasn't exactly been covered in glory the past eight years) or if they just need a game.
  • I'd say they need a game. MS have 2!?! new consoles coming out and I'm not sure Gamepass is enough for the masses to bite. People still like that big game with a new machine. I know I do. MS have nothing. What do they have for release??? I can't think of any other first party game ready to sell a new console other than Halo. I still can't quite believe it.

It had to be Halo.
  • Sony don’t have a big first party game at launch either unless you count Miles Morales a new game but it’s really an expansion of Spider-Man.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • But yeah that’s shite there’s no Halo, if they released it and it was poor they’d get grief and they’re getting grief for delaying it.

I thought they’d release with a Forza, Halo and Fable.
  • Started Halo 3 again tonight, Wow it’s still amazing game and looks impressive on the X.

For me the Halo sniper rifle is the best sniper rifle by far.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Back on Reach today. Still the king for me.
  • BR on h3 better than all others
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I know things have been a bit rough for Infinite but we finally have some really good news.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha. Basically they’d produced all the packaging, built the website, had the campaign planned from September and then 343 fucked it all. I’m pretty certain if Halo was coming out in six months they’d have held off, but guessing it’s gonna be longer.
  • Finished Halo 5 - yeah, it has its faults but I really enjoyed the campaign. Some of the battles were just epic. 

The hub thing is odd - it is pointless but there are only 2 and maybe I was playing them completely wrong but they probably took a combined 5 minutes to clear. It does look like something was heavily cut though - getting an achievement for walking to 2 points on a small map and pressing x? Weird.

The Ending is also terrible. Not just the way its not really an ending but the last hour featured some of the limper battles to be honest. Cant remember the level but one of the big battles was the peak and then it felt like going through the motions a little for the last bit. I was waiting for something big scale to kick in but instead I... crawled to victory? 

Overall though, really enjoyed the game. I dont really do Halo multiplayer as the skill level is fair beyond being able to learn at this point so cant comment on that.

This leaves ODST to play to complete the series for me. But a break is due, might give Battlefield V a run first.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I know things have been a bit rough for Infinite but we finally have some really good news.
    This sort of nonsense can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. 
    Buy a crate of our shite energy pop to get Double XP boosts! Fuck off!
    It gives me a warm feeling in my heart to see that 343 has basically fucked the whole thing for them.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • On the energy drink shit.
    It amuses me how Creamola foam has been rebranded as an trendy drink to give gamers a competitive edge.
  • Man, I grew up with that shit. Used to mix the flavours and make our own hybrids. Good times.
  • Well they have rebranded it G Fuel, so have at it I guess.
  • THOSE BASTARDS! I want my cut!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Installed the Master Collection on PC. Generally getting 60fps then for no reason I can see it drops to 2fps and stays there. I've looked for a decent resource on known issues but nothing solid stands out that applies to my laptop.

It's an i7 CPU with RTX2070-MaxQ 8gb and 32GB ram, can't see why it should be doing this?

Tried switching off enhanced graphics, helped a bit, then got in a room with 8 or 9 enemies and it just locked up again. Really is shite. I'll stick to Spiritfarer.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really hate PC’s. So uninstalled Halo Collection. Figured I’d reinstall Metro Exodus. Never had a problem with that. Got about 30 seconds into the game and it drops to 4fps, then the menu kicks in.

So I change settings optimise in Nvidia Experience. Should be running great. Launch game again on lower settings. Same problem.

So, the menu popping up was a clue. Turns out it was batteries dying in my controller. FFS. How batteries dying in a controller forced frame rate drops I have no idea. But then went looking for Windows to show battery life and had two apps both of which don’t work. Microsoft hardware and software that don’t talk to each other. Good one guys.

So uninstalled Halo for nothing :-(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!