Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Maybe co-op legendary is the compromise?

Those invisible sword elites on the bridge high above the snow Halo 1 co-op legendary was an amazing experience.
  • It really does depend.

I legendaried all the bungie canon halos. But sometimes a nice heroic with some skulls on is what you want.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Right? The legendary campaigns could have some real grindy bits in solo, inching forward in choke points with wave after wave of enemies with pinpoint sticky skills

Heroic with a skull or two could make you understand the fear in grunts shrieks as mowed them down like an actual super soldier
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have finished the second mission of Halo CE. This is the most o have Haloed ever. I don't think it's agreed very well tbh, but I guess it gets a bit of a pass for doing New Things back in the day. I'm not exactly enjoying it though.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Right? The legendary campaigns could have some real grindy bits in solo, inching forward in choke points with wave after wave of enemies with pinpoint sticky skills

Heroic with a skull or two could make you understand the fear in grunts shrieks as mowed them down like an actual super soldier

From memory, halo 1 Truth and Reconciliation level, where your in the covenant spaceship. That on legendary too me so long just inching forwards. To the point that i would pause the xbox, go to my uni lectures and carry on when i got back.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That initial fight after going up the grav lift on T&R is quite possibly the toughest in the whole game on Legendary.

There’s another real difficulty spike right at the start of the Halo level where you meet the first group of marines.

If you manage to make it through those two, the rest of the game should be relatively smooth sailing.

Re: the T&R fight:

Spoiler:
  • Hardest legendary bit for me was Halo 2 quite near the start you go into a room and you're on a balcony above i think its a flight deck with a pelican. There are so many elites below you and you have crap weapons like plasma rifle and smg took me forever
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Most of the titles have an early difficulty spike. 3 was in Crow’s Nest, the battle against all the Brutes ending with the grav hammer Brute charging you.
  • The health bar beneath the shield made CE much tougher on Legendary. I think the shield soaked up a smidge more in the sequels but in the original game a checkpoint could kick in with just a tiny sliver of health an no medikits around.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Most of the titles have an early difficulty spike. 3 was in Crow’s Nest, the battle against all the Brutes ending with the grav hammer Brute charging you.

I fucking love that level.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

That's my favourite bit in any Halo game ever.
  • My favourite bit in any halo ever was in H2, 4v4 midship, I threw a sticky the length of the map to kill someone and Face exclaimed in his lovely Aussie accent, "what a throw!!!"

Great memories.
  • 14 years later and they’re releasing a new H3 map called waterfall. Insane
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • They being 343? Wow; still supporting the game?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Playing MCC Halo4 and i'm bouncing off hard. The guardians are.....disappointing? They're annoying bullet sponges to fight, the new weapons feel weedy and inadequate. Overall the game feels like a step down from Halo3's expansion packs.

The world building and audiovisual presentation look ok but they've messed up the story, the pacing and the gameplay loop? I might be wrong as I'm just halfway through but it feels like a slog to play.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Nah, you right. Welcome to post bungie campaigns. All piss tier.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Agreed. It's not a terrible game but it's terrible compared to Halo 1/2/3/Reach campaigns. It plays like some generic big budget shooter that would get a 6 or 7 out of 10
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    They being 343? Wow; still supporting the game?

Kind of.

A game called Halo Online was tested a few years back but never fully released, this looks to be an unfinished map from that which has been polished and added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/halo-3-is-getting-a-new-map-over-a-decade-after-release/ar-BB1dDmdi
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    The world building and audiovisual presentation look ok.

This is underselling this aspect of the game, I’d say. Remember that Halo 4 is running on the same hardware as 3. I’d say that 4 is about the best looking 360 title ever made.
  • That's true it does look pretty
  • It's a looker but wow that campaign is bad.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Infinite’s glow up seems to be coming along pretty nicely.

hi_campaign_warthog_4k-b68408218db34ea496717d440953ba37.png

hi_campaign_tower_cycle_4k-3637f9cabc964b4e91f7af6255aa1294.png

hi_campaign_sniper_4k-e327d439d8714ed481c5de4b1b7fcc81.png

hi_campaign_banshees_1920x1080-ff1cbb024549441e94c526deacc05e19.jpg

From here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-february-2021
  • Fuck em, they had their chance.
  • Halo Infinite developer 343 Industries has hosted a lengthy Q&A session that reveals wealth of new information on the game’s Zeta Halo environment, including the way the day/night cycle affects the enemies players will encounter.

-The game has dynamic weather, with a wind system and a fog system included.
    -There may be storms or snowstorms added in a post-launch update.
    -The Zeta Halo ring is fully 3D rendered, and when the sun passes behind it there may be a short eclipse.
    -Weapons can’t be upgraded, because the team felt it would start to move away from “what Halo was all about”. Some equipment can be upgraded, though.
    /The game’s open world is inspired by the Silent Cartographer mission from the original Halo, in that it gives players the freedom to choose how to approach each mission, with whatever weapons or vehicles they decide to use.
    -New biomes include higher altitudes, swampy wetlands and war-torn areas called the Deadlands.
    -When asked if the open world means players could grab a Banshee and drive to an objective three missions ahead in the story, the reply was “do it”.
    -There will be audio logs giving more background on previous battles that took place.
    -There are no ‘traditional’ cutscenes: it’s all done live in the engine and the camera will pull out from Master Chief’s head to present them. This means the time of day, weapons being held etc. will be accurate.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/new-halo-infinite-info-revealed-in-huge-qa-day-night-cycle-dynamic-weather-and-more/
  • Open world Halo? Sounds innovative, especially with a day/night cycle and weather system. The biomes sound cool in a metroid kind of sense.
    I hope they don't fuck up the mission structure and side quests. Keep the exploration/narrative/risk/reward/gameplay loop interesting and they should be fine.

In campaign mode at least. Not sure how mp will work but I'm hoping they'll surprise me.
  • It isn’t open world. They said as such yesterday and that completely threw me. I honestly thought that’s what had been pitched but it turns out I’ve missed the gist of all the previous stuff like a dumb dumb.
  • You can push someone off the edge of the ring though which now means it’ll be the first Halo I’ll be day1ing since the second one.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They’ve been describing it as Halo’s take on an open world for a while now.

Quite what that means remains to be seen.
  • It isn’t open world. They said as such yesterday and that completely threw me. I honestly thought that’s what had been pitched but it turns out I’ve missed the gist of all the previous stuff like a dumb dumb.

That is a crying shame.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!