Racist
  • acemuzzy wrote:

Richard [bear] Spencer can go do a running jump off the White Cliffs of Dover.
  • hunk wrote:
    indigoDos wrote:
    Ugh, I thought you'd escaped this awful thread JRPC. Anyways, I've waited as long as I can (got to work early). Feel free to bitch and misrepresent me in my absence Aussies.
    indigoDos wrote:
    Ladies, try your cowardly gang up on 'em tactics all you want. I can go as long as it takes and I'll enjoy It to boot.
    How noble and heroic. Not sure if you're aware indigoDos but... The 'gang-up' has a history spread over several months and threads (mainly the science and ethics thread). The argument was initiated by none other than Jrpc himself proclaiming to be a Harris/Murray Bellcurve enlightenment fanboy. He's kept the argument alive by 'evangalizing' certain toxic conservative views but never quite engaging in meaningful debate. He has a habit of posting hour-long vids and articles of his fave alt-right conservative heroes but dismissing arguments against them outhand. 'Poking the beehive' as he describes it. So yeah, after a build up of 3-6 months (possibly even longer) people have gotten weary, frustrated and s(n)arky with him. Nothing cowardly about that. If he acts like an absolute arse he'll get treated like an arse. And deservedly so. Imho.

Well in context (if context, I've not followed) I understand your position. It's still a many v one situation tho. I think a bit more restraint and empathy could only be of help re: the quality of discourse here - if there's any to be had.
  • He's trolling and evangelising conservative alt right views. He hasn't shown any interest in a serious discussion, certainly not in the last 6 months.

He hasn't even taken this opportunity to clear up his stance which speaks volumes to me. So yeah, many on the forum are weary and fed up with him.

Hence, the dogpiling .
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I get what you're saying but the piling on isn't a necessary thing imo.

Maybe nominate one / a couple of the group (if there is a solid, unified position) to act as a proxy and speak for the many.  That position is represented, then the peep on the other side isn't dragged into so many exhausting tangents.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We can’t even organise ourselves enough to pick a date to meet for a beer, what do you think the likelihood of us organising that is?
  • Also, if you basically trot out thinly veiled alt-right horseshit you are going to entice the mob, and rightly so. Fuck outta here with that shit asap.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    And then what anyway? We fill this thread with posts of us all saying “Face, would you mind pointing out to JR that his position on identity politics and black culture is paradoxical at best if not entirely hypocritical?”
  • Heh, we're not that organised we have a central spokesperson. Keep in mind this is a pub-like banter forum called 'The bear and badger' where everyone can have their say.

If he's getting badgered by ehmmm..... badgers due to shit posting style, it's entirely on him. Not gonna rescue him outta the hole he's digging for himself.

I seriously doubt he cares anyway.
  • I think the likelihood is fairly good given that we're all seasoned.

Meeting for pints gets notoriously hard once everyone starts settling down. That's just a sad fact of life.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This is genuinely one of the worst, least practical ideas in the history of the forum. You seriously expect all of us to post in the direction of one person, in full view of JR, remember, he’ll be able to read every word of this, and ask that one person to collate all of the questions, copying and pasting all of the parts that JR has already read and then repost them? This is madness.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    This is genuinely one of the worst, least practical ideas in the history of the forum. You seriously expect all of us to post in the direction of one person, in full view of JR, remember, he’ll be able to read every word of this, and ask that one person to collate all of the questions, copying and pasting all of the parts that JR has already read and then repost them? This is madness.

True, but I am trying - if failing (atm!) to come up with a decent approach.
  • The decent approach is don't come out with Jordon Peterson stylee fanboy wank takes. It's pretty easy to avoid doing it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian wrote:

Well, in a round about sort of way it's what's been happening anyway.

Dante asked a question in the last round and chump, from memory, reposted it. And someone else asked that it be answered. Likewise previously when I was diving in.

I also don't think it's that hard to parse what's going on a lot of the time. JR had a back and forth with tin, ignored other stuff and on it went.

I think he did answer dantes question eventually too.

Or at least he responded. Trying to avoid value judgement on quality of response out of this.

Yes, lots of people are commenting, but JRPC has to take some of the slack and filter what he can out.

That he singularly fails to ponder why he might be meeting so much resistance, outside of thinking we're all leftist ip acolytes is frustrating for all.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Meanwhile Fraser anning is all about dat white supremacy...

Still.

https://twitter.com/fraser_anning/status/1031382687401922560
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I nominate indigo to collate, filter and post approved dialogue on any contentious (read: not contentious) issue.

I'll be in the Switch thread momentarily.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Facewon wrote:
    Yes, lots of people are commenting, but JRPC has to take some of the slack and filter what he can out.
    I’d argue that his ability to “filter out” is a large part of the problem.
    Facewon wrote:
    That he singularly fails to ponder why he might be meeting so much resistance, outside of thinking we're all leftist ip acolytes is frustrating for all.
    Aye - “the problem can’t be with me, it must be with everyone else” is a formidable philosophical/mental shield. A high tolerance for cognitive dissonance (and unwillingness to introspect) not only allows you to hold contradictory beliefs, but also means that when everyone points out contradictions the refrain will be “no, those aren’t contradictions, everyone else has misunderstood”
  • indigoDos wrote:
    Well in context (if context, I've not followed) I understand your position. It's still a many v one situation tho. I think a bit more restraint and empathy could only be of help re: the quality of discourse here - if there's any to be had.
    I try to start from a position of restraint and empathy, but if someone isn't interested in an actual conversation then it's only so long before taking the piss becomes a more worthwhile use of time. In this case, so long happened a good while ago.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He gets piled on because what he's peddling is basically offensive. It's further compounded by his constant claims that he's actually a leftie and not in any way alt right, while at the same time espousing alt right views , backed up by alt right sources, using alt right debate tactics and then calling people who don't get his point "virtue signallers". It's pretty frustrating. But at the end of the day I like JR and I don't think he's taking any of this personally, even though it gets heated sometimes, and neither is anyone else.
  • Well I'm furious.
  • I don't like Jrpc but I 'm quite certain he adores me. *Touches masculine cheekbones and pecs*
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Neither is anyone else, except Brooks. Judean People's Front pic here.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    I don't like Jrpc but I 'm quite certain he adores me. *Touches masculine cheekbones and pecs*
    Is Griff with you
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • And are you a chicken
  • No, but I assume he enjoys masculine cheekbones and flexing pecs?
  • Interesting take and a good example of how corporation co-opting social movements is disingenuous in many cases.

Obviously the worst end of the spectrum is the banal jenner/pepsi advert that trivialised anti-violence protesters. The company and people involved there are functionally soulless.

Nike as stated runs sweatshops and pays below minimum wage like any multi-billion company. But the sincerity of Kaepernick's protest is beyond reproach.

Perhaps we can get David Attenborough advertising for an organisation with actual principles like MSF before the ads can be taken as sincere.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45525275
    Man shot in his own apartment by cop who thought it was hers. Then the police try to smear him to make the murder seem justifiable. I shouldn’t be shocked but I still am. Is this some kind of test where white police are trying to find as many ways to literally get away with killing as many black people as possible?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Her defence is she thought it was hers, but it’s full of holes, not least the witnesses who heard her banging on the door before the shooting.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    How can she be out on bail?

She said she only knew it wasn’t her apartment until after she called 911. You’d know it wasn’t your apartment as soon as you walked in.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep, plus all of the doors in the apartment block close automatically so it couldn’t have been ajar, plus the apartment next to hers has 4 foot high plant in a pot outside of the front door. The story’s bollocks, she’s out on bail because she’s a cop so she’s always believed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!