PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's real poor
  • Interesting that SF5 has widely been lambasted for only catering to the competitive crowd and not doing enough for the more casual players yet all the people from here who have been involved in competitive fightmans to whatever degree think it's utter shite. Perhaps that's down to those of us who do/did play fightmans to a serious degree don't have the locals to let the game shine? I don't know.

It's my vote anyway. Speedhaak and Rouj sum it up well enough.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well tiger. Well I never. Added
  • There's some quality in there... but it's such a step backwards from 4 that I have no choice. NO CHOICE.

also i'm shit at it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fair enough

FAIR ENOUGH
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    What was last year's worst?

Destiny 2.0, presumably
  • I enjoyed it but I imagine Arkham Knight.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't think it was either. Destiny 2.0 wasn't eligible and I was one of the few people to vote for batman
  • Andy's changed his tune then.
  • Not played any bad games this year though Rise of Tomb Raider was a collosal disappointment. That would get my vote but it's not allowed.

• Andy wrote:
    'lol'.

Ah, you know that was funny.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Interesting that SF5 has widely been lambasted for only catering to the competitive crowd and not doing enough for the more casual players yet all the people from here who have been involved in competitive fightmans to whatever degree think it's utter shite. Perhaps that's down to those of us who do/did play fightmans to a serious degree don't have the locals to let the game shine? I don't know. It's my vote anyway. Speedhaak and Rouj sum it up well enough.

For me, I think on a pure kinetic level, the game is sound.
    It actually plays very well.

But it's all the clerical shit.

Like, for example, I had to use Joy2Key on PC to use a standard PS3 joypad. And after fighting so hard to optimise the graphics settings, a fucking rolling update badgers them, and now I can't be sure if my system has the grunt to run the game or not. Fucking runs MGS5 though, so they can suck me.

Errant arcade modes was also a thing.

A patch that knackers your system security is another.

And of course, sans arcade mode, flaky netcode should be a crime (at the very least, in the white collar class). I've not played the game for two months because of the reasons above, which is a shame, because I like the new Rog, and was starting to win 3.5/5 with him.

But it will take me at least a whole evening to troubleshoot the graphics settings, and reapply the joypad mappings.

Even after that, there are no guarantees of a decent online connection.

I do actually want a refund.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Shadow of the beast. A broken mess of a PS2 game that was mistakenly lost, dusted down and released this year as a broken mess of a PS4 game.  Had a nice heft to the combat for the first two encounters then it all went to fuck.

I haven't read the rules but if I'm allowed a second vote then Unraveled.  I felt like I was being manipulated into liking an indie labour of love because it was marketed as an indie labour of love.  Physics were broken, which for a game that hung its main mechanic on manipulating physical objects was a pretty major fuck up.  Tone of the game seemed rather smug and congratulatory to itself for being so emotional and thoughtful and indie when really it should have just concentrated on working and getting the basics right.  Also, it probably wasn't really an indie game but EA saw the uprising 0f said movement and thought they'd get in on the action.  I've heard it was actually made by a team of two and a half million. And they were slaves.  Illegally employed immigrant children slaves with no rights and paid below the national living wage.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can't believe anyone had high hopes for SotB other than pretty graphics considering what it was based on.
  • Lol at SFV. Most disappointing? sure. Most infuriating? yeah.  But worst?

No mans sky came out this year. It's barely a game.

odSfvFil.jpg
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Unravelled is indeed very underwhelming past the first ten seconds (sorry moot). I'm pondering Just Cause 3 too, in punishment for its ludicrous load times. These are not yet official votes tho....
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, Unravel ain't great. Battlefield is actually beginning to grate on me as well, but I suspect I may be also taking in via osmosis the stuff around it like the awful hashtag bantz posts from their official twitter yesterday.
  • I haven't minded what I've played of Unravel. Twee yes but a nice casual thing. Quite pretty too.
  • kneecap wrote:
    Lol at SFV. Most disappointing? sure. Most infuriating? yeah.  But worst? No mans sky came out this year. It's barely a game. odSfvFil.jpg

There should be a Molyneaux Memorial Award for the biggest load of bullshit marketing/lies. The winner gets an acorn.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm pondering Just Cause 3 too

Last year, mate. Disregarding its ineligibility, it's an interesting case. It's batshit mental (in a tremendous way) and there's a hell of a lot of content in there. There's just so much to do. Helicopters are glorious. Tethering an enemy to a gas canister and shooting the valve will never get tired. Wingsuiting around the island is one of the best things you'll do in any videogame ever. BUT... there's almost too much to do, and a lot of it is too similar. Loading times are ridiculous, and its online features are par for the Sqeenix course; when they're not actually crashing the game, they just don't work. The difficulty levels are wildly off; one challenge you'll beat first time, without trying, the next is near impossible. Enemies are ludicrously accurate with their machine guns, so in some bases you'll be lucky to destroy one target before you're shot to fuck.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I played NMS more than SFV. An opinion is an opinion. Never was I so hyped for a game... SFIV is the definition of skill-based fightmans imo, so much foresight and tech knowledge colliding on a pastel-coloured stage of euphoria. That game had a vibrant Edge/Badger community for years. Every night there would be people on.  

I understand there's a lot of support for SFV (especially in the Irish FGC it would seem) but for me I've never gone hot to cold on a franchise so fast. I literally played SFIV for 5 years non stop, nothing else.

Capcom are red-raw fucking useless imo, and absolute shambles of a company.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Also Hi Kneecap :)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Updated with uncle's pick. SFV still waaayyy in the lead.
  • Which is surprising to see given the quality of capcom games like MH and even some recent phoenix wright games apparently. Haven't played them but they have a solid reputation.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • No Mans Sky is just full of so many bugs and lack of anything to do.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But every bug is unique!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!