Days Gone.
  • I wonder if they’ve fixed the bug I got my progress halted on
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think the bike is a masterstroke and suits this sort of game perfectly. More so than any horse. The loop of cruising through abandoned towns scavenging fuel and resources whilst popping a few zombie heads and clearing nests is so good.

Great game.
  • I wish they'd get around to announcing a sequel. Especially as the DLC added nothing to the game. Hope they integrate some lite-base building mechanics with DG2. Just running errands for the different camps wasn't that fulfilling. I want my own little community of zombie-survivors to look after and protect.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • They could call it Deektown
    The Forum Herald™
  • I forgot I had this game. Might take it for a spin tomorrow. Any early hints and tips worth knowing?
  • Not really. It eases you in nicely. There's a plethora of difficulty settings so you could jump straight into a survival like experience but I just banged it on normal and it's been great. Really nicely balanced.
  • Cool, ok! I always like to know if there's a handy little head start you can pick up at the beginning. Or a recommended stat increase.
  • Cool, ok! I always like to know if there's a handy little head start you can pick up at the beginning. Or a recommended stat increase.

Pay attention to the tips, as there are a few systems in play. The skill point system requires two of the three to unlock the next tier. Try and plot your way through and think about which ones you may like and what you need to buy to get there. You want as much focus as possible.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's on the ps+ collection so kind everyone has it if they have ps+ and access to a PS5... and I'm happy to temporarily sign in on mine for others to get the collection games added to their account if for folks what don't (if people trust me with password details...)
  • Would a sticking to the storyline playthrough of this really take 30hrs? I quite like what I've played but that's just far too long for gruff guy guns 'n bikes. Horizon, Mad Max and Tsushima were all under 20 if you kept a steady pace.
  • Nah I don’t think so, just sticking to the story I’d imagine it’s sub 20.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stick it in the bin.
  • I liked it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I always liked the look of it. It’s something I’ll pick up in a sale now I have a PlayStation again.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Some exec having his mid life crisis thought bikers were cool. They're not.
  • Zombies and bikers together are cool though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think about getting this on the cheap now and then but then I remember that the real horror in the game is the story bits. Ride me like you ride your bike, Freakers instead of zombies etc.

Just cringe worthy shite
  • The cinematics don't exactly blend in seamlessly and it seems to like taking control away from the player every five minutes.  Riding the bike and blowing zombie heads off is fun though.  Not sold on the close quarters combat yet, might be okay.  I ditched Sons of Anarchy after two seasons and wish I'd stuck around for the one where they go on a beano to Ireland (with added fiddles to the theme tune, apparently), so I'm making amends with this.  Love a good bit of biker chap cringe.
  • It sold well, but then Sony canned the sequel. Confusingly, they are making a Days Gone film though!
  • I think Days Gone is a lot better than people give it credit. The game was a victim of being released in a buggy mess, which is the developer's issue (not the player's), but what you can play today on a PS5 is much, much improved. It was one of the few open world games I saw through to the end, and whenever the cringe ramped up, I either laughed along or skipped it. It ultimately doesn't interfere with the gameplay, which is decent.

My only real criticism is the hoard sections, which are excellent, but come far too late in the game. I suspect they struggled with balancing, so put them where the player is going to be of a high enough level that they're achievable. Ideally, they'd have done some smaller ones earlier on and ramped up from there. From memory, you do around 3 of them late on and they're nothing like the earlier sections of the game.
  • Yeah. It's a bit like The Order: 1886

A fine double A game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I liked the gameplay loop on this, put about 8 hours in on PC. Unfortunately the story is just fucking drivel and the gameplay loop, as good as it, couldn't sustain a 40 hour effort for me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's also stupidly easy with m&k but that goes for any shooter bar DOOM Eternal really
  • It definitely could have used a stronger hand curating it. I think I mainlined it so that it wasn't 40+ hours, but it was likely 25 or so. There's better games out there, but if an open world Last of Us tweaks your nipples, you may have some fun.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    My only real criticism is the hoard sections, which are excellent, but come far too late in the game. I suspect they struggled with balancing, so put them where the player is going to be of a high enough level that they're achievable. Ideally, they'd have done some smaller ones earlier on and ramped up from there. From memory, you do around 3 of them late on and they're nothing like the earlier sections of the game.

Agree. These are the strongest elements of the game. Unfortunately, by the time I got to the final hoard, the game had just about outstayed it's welcome for me. I didn't finish it off. Might revisit it though.
  • I don't think I can be bothered with this, unfortunately. The stealth is annoying and easy mode isn't quite easy enough to allow you to play blast & cover. Plus I trod on three bear traps I didn't see in the same passage of play, and low level grunts already seem to take three handgun shots each, so I think I'm done. Might give it one more session but I doubt I could do this for 20hrs. There seems to be a ton of stuff to pick up that you can't actually pick up too? Maybe I need to ugrade the depth of my pockets.
  • But this game is all about the bike.  Are you at least enjoying riding around on yer motorbike?    

( I like the motorcycle upgrade system too)
  • Yeah the bike handles well and it's nice to chuck around but it's not great for mowing people down and I can't shoot while riding (yet?). So it's kinda like a faster sprint button with fuel instead of stamina.
  • If you ain't feeling it early doors, then sack it off. Your mind wont be changed.

Your time is precious.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!