Gaming Goes Mainstream
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I had it on Oldbox but got rid once I hot Coast 2 Coast on PSP. I don't even know if they're the same as I haven't touched my PSP copy!

Slightly different in a World Warrior/Turbo way from what I remember.

There was also another for Oldbox and PS2, then another for 360 and PS3.

Not sure on the differences but their quite minimal afaik.

I had the Oldbox version and sold it for the PSP one like you, but then sold the PSP one for the PSN one.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • After a little research it was:

Outrun 2 - Xbox
    Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast - Xbox, PS2, PSP
    Outrun Online Arcade - 360, PS3
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Jaco wrote:
    Xbox needs PanzerDragoon Orta too...

I made a big post up there :( 
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Outrun coast 2 coast brought back those style points we missed from MSR and did it with a lotta out run reverence. Top game, one of the PSP's best imo
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Vela wrote:
    Jaco wrote:
    Xbox needs PanzerDragoon Orta too...
    I made a big post up there :( 
    Spoiler:

Oops.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • After a little research it was:

Outrun 2 - Xbox
    Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast - Xbox, PS2, PSP
    Outrun Online Arcade - 360, PS3

I bought that game on xbox, ps2, psp, ps3 and xbox 360. Now that ive none of those machines anymore, i felt justified in getting a hacked copy of the pc version off the net. Top game and as far as i know they cant release it anymore because of the licence

SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah I heard the same, real shame.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Loved Outrun 2. Always hoped for a Live Arcade release. Gutted, frankly.
  • Jaco wrote:
    Loved Outrun 2. Always hoped for a Live Arcade release. Gutted, frankly.

It did come out on Live Arcade didnt it? It just got delisted so if you didnt buy it when it was on sale, you missed out once it was delisted (like Afterburner and Daytona on 360 too)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • D'oh! Three years away and you miss all the food stuff...
  • I know, it's an awful reality of digital licensing deals.
  • Jaco wrote:
    D'oh! Three years away and you miss all the food stuff...

It was a tasty game too.

• Shenmue2, timeless classic.
    Arguably, it's also THE template for the modern action adventure rpg as we know it today.
    Many an ip have drawn from it: Sega's own Yakuza for example but also Mass effect and the Witcher remind me of Shenmue. The immersive sandbox like worlds, the quest structure, day/night weather system, dialogue system, battle system and detective work. For me Shenmue was the first time I saw all these elements come together into 1 cohesive package.
    Sure there were blemishes. The crappy english voice overs, the pop-in draw distance and the blocky gfx on the npc's. But in '99 this was still miles ahead of anything that was out on pc at the time. This would be the last gen consoles were actually ahead of pc before gfx card's would become mainstream and put the pc in the lead for good. Groundbreaking stuff for sure.

Here's to Shenmue3 and hoping Yu Suzuki can finish his epic tale in time and within budget.
    We all want to know how it ends....
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I'd like to know how it starts. I might dig out the DC and find out at some point.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!