Where are we now?
  • Think I joined in 2007 when the Forza Motorsport 2 demo killed my 360. 

I'm employed by the same company, but I've moved from Assistant Accountant to Finance Manager and now Finance Director.

Family wise, my mother in law died a few years ago (cancer), my father has been diagnosed with dementia and is actually in hospital tonight as he has pneumonia. I've had three operations on my nose to help me breathe correctly and to remove some polyps that (due to their location) were causing headaches, hallucinations and blackouts. My beautiful wife has had two miscarriages, we had three failed attempts at IVF and then earlier this year she became pregnant naturally and she's now at 34 weeks.

We live in the same house, but are planning on moving to Salisbury next year.

Looking forward to baby Skondo arriving around January 14th.

I'm still crap at most games.
  • Some stories in here. Damn.

Joined when I was working shift work in a call centre. (05 I think.) Think my first thread was asking about Panzer Dragoon Saga. When I was still working shift did the first 360 thread with links and shit. 

Was living with a mate then in pascoe vale/glenroy. Hammered gaming on my 4 days off when I was doing shift work, between checking gigs of my housemates band.

H2 and Live kicked in somewhere. 

Love life was a non-starter, shift work was draining and somewhere in there I started seeing a shrink. It helped. Got into Online dating, got back in the game, and finally travelled to Europe in 08. 

(Met a few of you, and stayed with NMD and Cinty's family. The champs.)

Came back to a different role at the same place, which was more regular hours. First online date back met the missus. 

Moved out into my own place for a year. Generally got my shit together.

Somewhere during all that time: Moved in together in Flemington, have moved 3 times, all within the same area.

Job went part time, filled time with Volunteer coaching, and a year trying to get into employment consultancy.

Got Nash. 

Went back to Europe with Missus.

had a few miscarraiges, had some stressful years, was a bit lost.

Had Ara.

Went back to shrink somewhere in there, got on meds.

Got back into coaching more heavily this year, managed to get paid coaching, things are going great. just need to work out how the budget balances in the holidays/coaching breaks and we're good.

Still need to work on how we do things though, this month of me doing coaching 7 days has killed the missus.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Been on and off this forum ever since the Edge forum died. Ten years ago I was living at home and working in a unforfilling 1st line I.T. Support job. I didn't have a driving licence. I wasn't going to the gym and I was smoking. I hadn't seen any of the world other than a crappy school trip to France. Also I loved to listen to radio 1's essential mix and coast 2 coast am podcasts.

In the decade since I have quit smoking (ghastly habit), I have bought a house and got married, no kids as yet but we are trying. Still work in I.T. but I really like what I do. I'm constantly pushing myself to learn new things. I also learnt to drive. I'm probably healthier than I was ten years ago, a weekly schedule of boxing, swimming, running, weights and yoga over the past few years has helped.

I am fortunate that I have travelled alittle, been to tokyo, hawaii, whistler, vancouver, seattle, san francisco, Seychelles, Mauritius, Italy, Barcelona and madrid.

I still have a helluva lot to learn and experience ( i have a 40 things before turning 40 list to go through). Still many places I want to visit. I also would like to trade up to the house that my potential kids will grow up in. I still listen to the essential mix and I still love my coast to coast am podcasts.

Though I would trade it all in, to know what I know now and be 18 again, hindsight hey?......
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I joined here just over four years ago, used to be on one of the previous forums, can't remember my username,  but had a little cartoon Darth Vader as an avatar.

A shit load has happened career wise in the last ten years including starting and ending a business, finally going solo as a consultant, as I realised it's tricky partnering with anyone who doesn't have the same level of commitment as you. 

I don't have to worry about the kid thing as I got that out of the way along time ago. She's doing great. 

Relationship wise, in the last ten years I've ended one long term relationship, had some fun, entered a medium, then a short and now hopefully a final relationship.

Mom is still hanging in there being a trooper despite what has happened over the last year or so. I'm contemplating building bridges with dad, but still not sure. He's a changed man, but don't know if that's too little too late. 

Only thing I need to sort out really is the health thing. Still working out, trying to eat reasonably healthy, but occasionally falling off the wagon. Gradually I'll get there I think. 

Gaming wise I've enjoyed the last few years especially, with this place being one of the main reasons to keep my interest in the hobby going. Hope this place is around for at least another ten years.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Can\'t remember when I started posting on the maroon forum. Was a happy senior coder - know that much. An infrastructure manager now which is quite good fun but I miss coding sometimes.

Babbies have grown (#1 is 18 this week - driving too now).

Lost my pops which I still haven't really dealt with yet as I'd like (maybe never will) and a brother-in-law which has really whacked Wifey hard.

I moved to my current abode in 2001 but last year added a hefty extension (and a mortgage) onto it.

Greyer , fatter but happier overall.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I have no particular ambitions so all has gone to plan.

Wise.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    @dynamite: shit, son. We need to meet up and chat. Haven't seen you in ages.

Will be good to see you.

I always have time for badgers.
    Had no idea about your dad...

In you, he's left the best possible legacy in his stead. :]
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Excellent work all. I have a gif that sums up my basic thoughts on life

source.gif
  • Lost all my grandparents in forum time too, when I think about it. All a good age, thankfully.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've always been here.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Excellent work all. I have a gif that sums up my basic thoughts on life source.gif

In true Battlefield form, the guy no doubt gets to the end of the airship and just before jumping to safety a sniper gets him.
  • Nah, that's just me accidentally blowing up the Team Awesome zeppelin with a grenade, resulting in the unfortunate deaths of all thirty-two members of my team.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Has everyone in Oz got Panzer Dragoon Saga ffs.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Did the Japanese export tanker crash on a reef.
  • Like a fine wine purchased from a French chateaux by a Little Englander, I have turned into vinegary shit.
  • g.man wrote:
    Nah, that's just me accidentally blowing up the Team Awesome zeppelin with a grenade, resulting in the unfortunate deaths of all thirty-two members of my team.

That clip alone has made me want to buy the game. TV advertising should have just been that clip and they would have sold zillions of copies.

• I keep coming back again and again.
    Because of Skerret.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I was gonna say in my ten year update that I've been lucky that none of my loved ones have passed on. Didn't want to jinx myself so I didn't write that. My gran died today. Life hey?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sad news. My condolences.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I keep coming back again and again.
    Because of Skerret.
    Oh go on with you.

Sorry Dino :(
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ten years ago I was an accountant.

Now I'm a software engineer.

Progress. I think.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Condolences Dino
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh shit. Really sorry dino :-( :-(
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sorry about your gran dyno
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Sorry to hear Dino
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Sorry Dino. That's truly rubbish mate.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I keep coming back again and again. Because of Skerret.
    I preferred the extended edition.
  • Condolences, Dino. Thoughts are with you and family.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!