NieR Automata - New game from PlatinumGames
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This is one of the best games I've ever played in my life.

Yas!
  • If you're still early on I'm gonna say it's going to get pushed higher and higher for you reg.

Still need to put in the effort to get the true ending myself...
  • Reg has fully finished and rinsed the game - secrets aside.
  • Ah, good man.

Have you found
    Spoiler:

I've done a few steps for this storyline but need to grind up some levels before I can complete the next bit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah, good man.

Have you found
    Spoiler:

I've done a few steps for this storyline but need to grind up some levels before I can complete the next bit.

I've only got to clear
    Spoiler:
  • You been using guides for the endings?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes I have. I managed about 16 without but then once I did
    Spoiler:
    I just penged it through the rest
  • I should do that too. You have a good guide to recommend?
  • I loved the demo for this, but haven't had time to get into it with BOTW and Yakuza 0. Should make it a priority then.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Didn't realise this would be quite so open worldy. Not a problem as such, but I've played too many games with map icons and sub quests in recent months and the fatigue has set in. Hope the combat picks up a bit - nothing has matched the demo section so far.
  • Really need to pick this back up, completed ending A and started B, but haven't touched it in a few weeks. Or the PS4 at all really. (Trying to clear 'trails of a cold steel' 1&2 on my vita, which is surprisingly way better than I was expecting).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cross posted from Just completed , here's 3,000 words on Nier

Right, here's some words on Nier. Spoilers galore.
    Spoiler:

And that's the power of the game. Control, lack of, reason, lack of. All about what makes us human. It's a really special game with decent to good mechanics, and it'll stay with me for a long time. I didn't even get to the OST which is my favourite of the year so far (sit doon Persona). It's really something special.
  • As curious a character as Taro is he does seem to have a good grasp on the human condition.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's kind of more than that. He's crafted the evolution of humanity from first steps to philosophy to the culture of nothing.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I find myself listening to the soundtrack live concert on the tubes only because everyone here has bigged it up.

Is it worth playing original Nier?
  • Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    M8 it's not on Steam.

Bad ending.
  • First run finished. Not bad.

Second run just started. Already like what it's doing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just
    Keep
    Going
  • A point:
    Spoiler:

Also: power through it even if it starts to get annoying. POWER THROUGH IT.
  • Ok still getting through route B, am enjoying it but can see lots of people maybe getting a bit tired of it, especially since the combat gets nerfed pretty hard.
    Spoiler:

I'm afraid I might be expecting too much from the rest of the game, I liked the first run, but it's been rediculously hyped. Does it get THAT much better?
  • That run is a little bit of a slog. Once you do finish it you'll be around 70 percent through the game.

Turn the combat to easy as well.
  • Ok still getting through route B, am enjoying it but can see lots of people maybe getting a bit tired of it, especially since the combat gets nerfed pretty hard.
    Spoiler:

I'm afraid I might be expecting too much from the rest of the game, I liked the first run, but it's been rediculously hyped. Does it get THAT much better?

The second run wasn't as enjoyable for some people, for the reasons you mention. But yeah, keep going.
  • Been doing a lot of side quests in the second run. Up to 48% now.

It's a lot of leg work but just about feels worth it for the way it keeps adding to the overall idea.

I think it's fair to say at this stage that the actual gameplay mechanics are overly bland (and so far have offered zero challenge), yet it's still fun the way it mixes in new things and the narrative/scenario is a strong draw.
  • Second run complete. Some excellent stuff going on. Every little thing just keeps adding layers to the themes.

Still wonder if it should demand so much running back and forth to get the most out of it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Run 3 will not demand this
  • Aye, I'm seeing that already.
  • Finished ending C. Now what?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!