PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    I've written my own '20 ways of twatting it into the net' theory but sadly the Guardian declined to publish.

Give me... number 14
  • #1: 'Give it some welly'
    Go on lad, give it a good boot. Twat the fucker into the net.

#2: 'Launch it to the big lad'
    Give it some air. The old Up 'n' Under. Get the fucker upfront, then get it in the net. Easy.

#3: Cross the cunt
    Get it out to a speedy fucker on the wing then bomb it right in under the crossbar.

#4: The toe-poke
    Sidefoots are for poofs. Get behind it and get some velocity on the bastard. Ideally the keeper should be flying back into the net with it.

#5: Dive
    Penalties are easy. So dive and win one.
    ...etc.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    LarryDavid wrote:
    I've written my own '20 ways of twatting it into the net' theory but sadly the Guardian declined to publish.
    Give me... number 14

#14: Cruyft turn, then twat the fucker
    A bit of fancy footwork then leather it, right into the top corner. Boom.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Marc Pugh definitely knows #14
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I'm not sure, that looks suspiciously like Larry has copied that from old 'arry's playbook.
  • Ha ha. POTY for sure. Good stuff Larry.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Ha ha. POTY for sure. Good stuff Larry.

What a game that was
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • WorKid wrote:
    Ha ha. POTY for sure. Good stuff Larry.

That was n.10, run about a bit
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Rong fred
  • Schweinsteiger joins Chicago Fire. Shame he never got a proper run under mourinho. Classy player. Too good for mls.
  • Well, at least we've got a lot of depth there.
  • True.  In a way it's a masterstroke that we waited until Pogba got injured.
  • What's the opinion on Lukaku on here? Most definitely will move this summer. Probably Utd and Chelsea most realistic destinations?
  • He's having an Andy Carroll / Jamie Vardy blip season. Everton should rinse whichever big club is short-sighted enough to pay big dolla for him over the summer.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sounded like he was really enjoying working with Koeman the other day, they might well keep hold unless silly money is in the table

Great to see that weeman looks like he'll get his first cap against Canada, said a while ago that I thought players like him, Gauld, Ritchie and Burke could really be saviours of Scottish football
  • I have been a fan of his for a long time. Quality player and young too. More to his game than Carrol and Vardy, he is more than just a big man up top.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    He's having an Andy Carroll / Jamie Vardy blip season. Everton should rinse whichever big club is short-sighted enough to pay big dolla for him over the summer.

Blip season?

He's top scorer and I think he's in (or knocking on the door of) the top ten assists

edit: gotcha you mean him being good is the blip, I disagree, but time will tell. Vardy has been uninterested, and Carroll white with injuries, little unfair on both, but at the same time you'd be gutted if you'd spent money on them, as delivery is all that matters
  • Being that good is the blip. Just as Carroll and Vardy are good, they will never be as good as the one stand-out season. Lukaku's fellow Everyonian Leighton Baines also falls into this category. I'm not saying Lukaku isn't generally good, but he will never replicate this.
  • Erm...Is this season such a blip, I'm sure he got into high double figures last season? Everton should accept silly money, especially after his childish outburst.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It's a blip, just like the last 5 seasons have been a blip.
  • Andy wrote:
    He's having an Andy Carroll / Jamie Vardy blip season. Everton should rinse whichever big club is short-sighted enough to pay big dolla for him over the summer.

He basically kept Everton up last year.
  • I said it the other day, I would love to have Lukaku at Spurs as a Harry Kane alternative. They offer a different approach to each other, with Lukaku happier to go it alone up top where Kane thrives on having support. Unfortunately I think we will be financially muscled out of any deal.

I think he should tell Chelsea to shove it up their arses for not supporting him better early on. 
    Man U should ship Rooney off and go for Lukaku. That will give him a season to bed in before Ibra inevitably leaves the following season.
  • Odd how no mainland Europe clubs are being mentioned. I personally think he could walk into any team in the world and be a hit (except Barca, style of play maybe not then). His style of finishing is so lethal. Like Lewy.

@cocko let's not forget Forrest and McKay.
  • I said it the other day, I would love to have Lukaku at Spurs as a Harry Kane alternative. They offer a different approach to each other, with Lukaku happier to go it alone up top where Kane thrives on having support. Unfortunately I think we will be financially muscled out of any deal.

I think he should tell Chelsea to shove it up their arses for not supporting him better early on. 
    Man U should ship Rooney off and go for Lukaku. That will give him a season to bed in before Ibra inevitably leaves the following season.

Wasn't it Jose that sold him from Chelsea though?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Lukaku is no Carroll or vardy. He was the most highly rated young Belgian bar hazard. He is living up to it now is all. I expect a move to PSG is on the cards.
  • I said it the other day, I would love to have Lukaku at Spurs as a Harry Kane alternative. They offer a different approach to each other, with Lukaku happier to go it alone up top where Kane thrives on having support. Unfortunately I think we will be financially muscled out of any deal. I think he should tell Chelsea to shove it up their arses for not supporting him better early on.  Man U should ship Rooney off and go for Lukaku. That will give him a season to bed in before Ibra inevitably leaves the following season.
    Wasn't it Jose that sold him from Chelsea though?
    Ooh, good point.
  • Andy talking utter nonsense, didn't Lukaku get 20 goals for West Brom when he was there?
  • 17 in 35 apps all comps.
    Not bad at all. He has been good for a goal every other game other than the 10 games he played for Chelsea.
  • Saw Gab Marcotti tweet this. Scary.

VpTIqr3.jpg

All 24 or under. Wow.

Also, reading Verratti is Barca bound. Be still my beating heart. Never a better fit for player and club.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!