Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Bielsa, Jardim or Sarri it'll be.

Keep yer hands off Murty.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Arsenal has gotta be one of the biggest rebuild job in top flight world football. It could take years and alot of money to make arsenal challengers again. The EPL is the strongest league in the world. To finish above the current top 5 over next few years will be tough. Listened to a podcast with a few journalists and they are hearing that arsenal want a younger manager as next appointment rather than an experienced older pair of hands like Ancelotti.

The only team to finish in the top 4 for each of the last 7 years (longest current streak) is City. In the last few years, Man Utd have finished 7th, 6th and 5th, Liverpool 8th twice, 7th and 6th twice, Spurs 6th and 5th three times and Chelsea 6th and 10th.

Arsenal are on course to miss out for only the second time since 1996, when 4th didn't mean anything. Given how yo-yo everyone else has been, I don't see that it's too much of a stretch for Arsenal to get back in the mix.
  • sorry Andy, your argument appears to be that VAR should be a shambles cos players are cunts anyway.

If that’s what you take from it, I can’t help you.

Please not Bielsa, I love that man
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Allegri or Simeone but neither would join.

Yeah new Goalie, at least 1 cb and a defensive midfielder.

Allegri or Simeone would result in arsenal giving up their passing football style for a less pleasing on the eye results driven 11 men behind the ball approach. Also Simeone would shake up arsenal more than their reserved board would like.

Jardin (monaco), Nagelsmann (hoffenhiem), Ancelotti, Jochim Low (germany) have all gotta be contenders. Outside chance of Henry or crazy as it sounds Brenden Rodgers.

Defo not Bielsa, I love his football, but far too unstable for a club like arsenal. maybe one of his students, Jorge sampoli (Chile), who spurs have been doing their homework on. In the very unlikely event of poch leaving (if he was offered the real Madrid job).
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Arsenal has gotta be one of the biggest rebuild job in top flight world football. It could take years and alot of money to make arsenal challengers again. The EPL is the strongest league in the world. To finish above the current top 5 over next few years will be tough. Listened to a podcast with a few journalists and they are hearing that arsenal want a younger manager as next appointment rather than an experienced older pair of hands like Ancelotti.

The only team to finish in the top 4 for each of the last 7 years (longest current streak) is City. In the last few years, Man Utd have finished 7th, 6th and 5th, Liverpool 8th twice, 7th and 6th twice, Spurs 6th and 5th three times and Chelsea 6th and 10th.

Arsenal are on course to miss out for only the second time since 1996, when 4th didn't mean anything. Given how yo-yo everyone else has been, I don't see that it's too much of a stretch for Arsenal to get back in the mix.

The league is much more competitive now. Also the current top 5 will strengthen this summer.
    City are strong enough as it is and will get stronger when they spend a zillion pounds in the summer. Utd will buy this summer to strengthen their midfield and defense. Spurs team is ridiculously good, if they don't lose any players this summer they will be hard to top. Chelsea will have a new manager and when they do they tend to do very well in the league that season the new guy comes in. Liverpool have the firepower going forwards.

Any new arsenal boss will need at least 3 summer transfer windows to get the players in he wants. Plus depends how much money the board make available. Also it will take a few years to turn around, as Martin Keown said on radio 5 last night.

Put it this way, how many of the current arsenal team would make the starting 11 of City, Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool? I can't think of any.
  • Neymar out for 3 months, could miss world cup. Overrated primadonna. Hope psg overturn real madrid without him.
  • Slightly random question, but does anyone have any idea how I can watch the speed skating championships from Changchun? Can’t find it on any tv channel. Have only found it online on Eurovision, but I can’t watch that sport in the UK.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Slightly random question, but does anyone have any idea how I can watch the speed skating championships from Changchun? Can’t find it on any tv channel. Have only found it online on Eurovision, but I can’t watch that sport in the UK.

Tv muse?
    Or look on reddit for a link?

Edit: this work...?
    https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/
  • Aaron Lennon is so shit. Conning a living for over a decade now.

If he could cross or shoot he'd be dangerous.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Slightly random question, but does anyone have any idea how I can watch the speed skating championships from Changchun? Can’t find it on any tv channel. Have only found it online on Eurovision, but I can’t watch that sport in the UK.

Try LSHUNTER website
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    VAR at the world cup then...?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's Greenock Morton so yknow but double dembele makes my day :)))
  • Guys, never forget, Sam Allardyce is an underrated managerial genius. Ashley Williams lol.
  • Jees, the Swansea scoreline. Damn.
  • Xw9klm0.gif
    Dancing his way to the job centre.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Was a madness appointment having failed at every club he has managed. Hopefully they are too far back now to recover. One less place to worry about.
  • Sunderland still bottom too.

And that the end of today's sport. Nothing else to see.
  • Good fantasy league week for me then. Salah my captain yet to play, got 38 points already.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    I think Slimani will do brilliantly for Newcastle. He was always the wrong type of player for our system but will be great for them. I can envisage 10+ goals in the remainder of the season.

Well he's out for two weeks with a thigh strain so if he gets into double figures in eleven games I'll eat WorKid's boots.

Looks like my boots are safe.

• Leave Salah unmarked. Lol. 1-0
  • 2-0 down? Bring on Joselu. Look out Liverpool we're coming for you.
  • @davi. Okay, it seems you can’t watch live on that website, but they do show video of some of the races. Thanks.

I’ll check that later Dino, thanks.
  • Paulo Dybala I fucking love you!
  • One for our fans of Italian football. 1) why do roma not have a sponsor on their shirt? 2) for such an important game (Napoli v Roma) why are the stands almost empty?
  • That's most Italian games.

They were trying to get a dual sponsor for shirts and stadium, but the delays to construction scuppered that, leaving them without one.
  • They initially were trying to flog it along with naming rights to the stadium. Then they separated the packages and the suspicion is, they've been asking far too much for the shirt sponsorship. Needless to say, quite a few Roma employees have been sacked along the way. Was on a Football Weekly a while back.
  • Ronaldo getting subbed, so decides he better score before they take him off.
  • Cheers chaps.

Alisson the roma keeper (linked with Liverpool) looks a very good keeper. Would have been good to see Napoli win serie A, however they are 1-4 down at home to roma. They've blown their chances.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!