Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Aye I'd rather get the BT Sport hype machine and circlejerk outta the way. Juve Barca final again lol
  • Bayern and Barcelona defo go through. Really don't want madrid to get to the final. They'd be unbearable as a club if they won it three years in a row.

Bayern to win it outright. Jupp Hecykes is a master of getting to the final.

Not the draw I wanted to see, wanted English clubs kept apart.
  • Jose’s press conference is great. “Football ‘eritage’”
  • Yeh I read the transcript. He's not wrong though.
  • Not fitba but oh boy

My man Darren Till booked to headline newly announced ufc event in his hometown Liverpool. Would love it if I got tickets. Next superstar! Mark my words! Boys a tank!

Woooooo etc

Back to normal service.
  • Just seen Danny wellbeck's dive from last night. He should be embarrassed by that.
  • Just seen part two of mourinho press conference on BBC football website. Part one is 12mins long and part two is 5mina long. Worth a watch.
  • WorKid wrote:
    UFC. Not even a sports.

Okay pet.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They've got shove ha'penny round his parts, UFC is laughed out the door. Only time you'll find two men semi naked together is at a football match, or in a secret tryst that will shame the entire family several years later and lead to a glassing.

Bit of talc on the board, a scrap in the car park and beating the wife, solid night out around the North East.
    Spoiler:
  • I'll probably miss the match tonight, off to a mate's who gives no fucks about any sport and definitely doesn't have BT.  Not even sure who I want to start (other than myTony), but you won't see me yearning for Pogba again until he's dabbed his way out of the doldrums.  Not Fellaini from the off though, please.
  • Moot did you watch the press conference?
  • I read the transcript then watched half this morning.  Not sure what to make of it really.  I enjoyed it, ticked a few boxes for sure, but on the other hand it was was kind of an unsolicited, impassioned defence of...himself?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ... it was was kind of an unsolicited, impassioned defence of...himself?

Yes, how unlike Mourinho.
  • It is a weird thing, doing a speech like that, like some kind of elected official.
    Although I find the press conferences have got a bit of hand these days anyway, quite why there needs to be one for every club before every match is beyond me.

For all the waffle it is the performance on the pitch that matters.
  • Is it a spurs thing to shoot themselves in the foot? They lose Kyle Walker over wages and are worse off without him there. Rose and Adierwield will be off this summer I'm dispute over wages again (if you cant get a start in fa cup game when will you?). It seems nuts, "..If you don't sign a new contract, then you won't play.."

Rose is definitely spurs best fullback, they do miss his athleticism and penetrative runs when you watch them play. I know Sanchez looks a very good buy, but Adierwield is one of the best in the country at CB.

PS. Ericsson is a ridiculously good player. Glides around the pitch. He is definitely Barca / Madrid starting 11 quality.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I read the transcript then watched half this morning.  Not sure what to make of it really.  I enjoyed it, ticked a few boxes for sure, but on the other hand it was was kind of an unsolicited, impassioned defence of...himself?

I found the 2nd half (5:25min long) more interesting especially when he spoke about Sevilla.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Is it a spurs thing to shoot themselves in the foot? They lose Kyle Walker over wages and are worse off without him there. Rose and Adierwield will be off this summer I'm dispute over wages again (if you cant get a start in fa cup game when will you?). It seems nuts, "..If you don't sign a new contract, then you won't play.." Rose is definitely spurs best fullback, they do miss his athleticism and penetrative runs when you watch them play. I know Sanchez looks a very good buy, but Adierwield is one of the best in the country at CB. PS. Ericsson is a ridiculously good player. Glides around the pitch. He is definitely Barca / Madrid starting 11 quality.

I think the bottom line is we can't really afford to enter into a wage structure that rivals Man U/City/Real/Barca etc. So even if we upped wages a bit we still wouldn't be competing.
    Can't really blame Spurs because wages have gone absolutely ridiculous in the past 5-10 years.
  • I hear what your saying live@ but asking for £150k a week surely isn't beyond a club of spurs size now. 200-250k + maybe beyond them. Isn't kane being paid £150k already (and he's grossly underpaid by football standards).

Its a shame, as you have a very good team that could go on to do amazing things at spurs, but levy being a tightwad, imho.

Martin Keown mentioned on MOTD2 a week or so back, that had spurs kept walker and played aiderwield and rose they would have gone through against juventus. Hindsight obviously, but I thought he made a good point.
  • Btw, heard on a podcast that wenger was recommended quite strongly to sign Son and Willian. He passed on both. DOH!
  • I know what you are saying Dino, but then Walker was also considered good business for 50mil when we had Trippier.
    It is a tricky thing what Spurs are trying to do, attempting to compete long term with clubs that have been at the top for decades. I wouldn't say we are plucky under dogs, we aren't Leicester (they actually won the league for a start).

It would be very easy for us to go crazy with money trying to get that league win or get further in CL but it could just as easy come crashing down. I am happy with a patient approach.
  • Phwooooorh

Amazing work by Vorm!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Is there an early game today? I thought the FL deadline was 2pm.
  • FA Cup
    Swansea vs Spurs

No early prem game
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Ah. Lol, I had no idea.

Any other FAC games on the gogglebox today?
  • Ah ha ha ha ha ha Sunderland ha ha ah ha ha.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Ah ha ha ha ha ha Rangers ha ha ah ha ha.

• I just realised that Palace, Stoke and West Brom could quite easily be the three teams relegated
    An ex-Pulis hat trick.
  • Yes, go on the killie.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!