Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Wasn't there some sort of official statement made by a Newcastle supporters groups recently saying that if Rafa left, they'd leave too?

There's some hashtag shit floating about. Don't think a boycott will work today like it would have in the seventies or eighties as the fans aren't the primary source of income anymore, so good luck with that. In fact no, bad luck with that, as he's said that the club has to run off it's own earnings, so it'll only serve to damage the club and it'll be no skin off the fat cockney cunt's nose.

Can't see any form of protest working (the Sports Direct Twitter account is being bombarded by spam whenever it tweets, it's better than nowt but again how effective can that be?) as he seems immune to the grief, he's proven in the past to be absolutely shameless, and I'm pretty sure there's a part of him that gets off on the attention/feather ruffling of it all. Certainly with his name being "Sports Direct Owner Mike Ashley" in every mention he gets, even the Newcastle MP said it while handing in a petition to Parliament ffs, then no press is bad press as far as he's concerned.
  • What annoys me is the constant nickel and diming. Either we miss out because we won't pay another couple of mill, or we spend £5-10m at a time on dross like Florian Lejeune, Jacob Murphy, Joselu, this Japanese lad, instead of saying here's £25m go and get yourself a striker Rafa old pal. It's totally false economy and getting us nowhere.
  • It's unlikely any Newcastle match would be chosen for TV if it was going to be an empty stadium, but how often are you on anyway?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    We're on quite a bit. What are you basing that on? The Arsenal protests last season were still televised.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    And Sunderland last season.
  • Arsenal was a third empty for one game. I'm talking about consistently having an empty stadium

Also, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, fucking hell.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well, Sunderland then. Sky still showed their games, people still watched them.

Do you think Newcastle fans could all agree and organise a boycott of the full stadium for an extended run of games? Because I don't, so it's all a bit moot, geezer.
  • Have Gazza perform Fog On The Tyne outside the stadium every game.
  • We've had all sorts of protests, flags, funerals, songs, marches whatever. It won't make the slightest difference.

I'd love to know where the money is going. I've half an idea it's still the fault of Owen/Allardyce/Wise.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Man U transfer talk, apologies all.  It is left back chat though.  With Blind gone I'd like to keep hold of Rojo.  I don't rate him but also don't fancy a scenario where either Young or Shaw is injured and we're relying on the other one to stay fit.  At least Rojo can play there.  Jones can go.  It's probably too early to say the same about Lindelof but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if we sold him instead.  Assuming there is a new CB addition I'd like them to start with Bailly, with Smalling/Rojo/Jones or Lindelof/Tuanzebe as back-up/rotation/league cup options.

It would be great if we could get the two additions mourinho wanted. i still think aiderwield will end up a utd player. Next summer he can leave for £25mil, i can see spurs taking £40mil from utd on final day of the window.

Not so optimistic about the RW. Mourinho seems at odds with the club. He wants Perisic or Willian who are both 29yrs, cost a premium price and have no sell-onvalue of note. Personally id prefer we went for christian pulisic or leon bailey. Exciting young wingers. Or we gave chong first team opportunities. Unfortunately its not mourinho's m.o.

Lastly hope we keep martial and he gets game time.
  • Because I don't, so it's all a bit moot, geezer.

WHEYY
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Man U transfer talk, apologies all.  It is left back chat though.  With Blind gone I'd like to keep hold of Rojo.  I don't rate him but also don't fancy a scenario where either Young or Shaw is injured and we're relying on the other one to stay fit.  At least Rojo can play there.  Jones can go.  It's probably too early to say the same about Lindelof but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if we sold him instead.  Assuming there is a new CB addition I'd like them to start with Bailly, with Smalling/Rojo/Jones or Lindelof/Tuanzebe as back-up/rotation/league cup options.
    It would be great if we could get the two additions mourinho wanted. i still think aiderwield will end up a utd player. Next summer he can leave for £25mil, i can see spurs taking £40mil from utd on final day of the window. Not so optimistic about the RW. Mourinho seems at odds with the club. He wants Perisic or Willian who are both 29yrs, cost a premium price and have no sell-onvalue of note. Personally id prefer we went for christian pulisic or leon bailey. Exciting young wingers. Or we gave chong first team opportunities. Unfortunately its not mourinho's m.o. Lastly hope we keep martial and he gets game time.

The Willian thing is picking up steam again this evening.  Matic played near enough every game last season and we finished 11 points better off.  Would be madness for them to give Mourinho another player he's desperate for, but Chelsea are an odd team to gauge so who knows.  Maybe we'll genuinely see another of those mythical swap deals, with Martial going the other way.  It'd feel like getting mugged, but a) Willian is a very good player in a position where we're lacking an obvious starter, and b) Martial won't be allowed to do it for Mourinho.  So why not, I guess - why keep a sports car in the garage when you could be driving another kind of car that might fit this analogy.  Chelsea playing with Martial up top won't finish higher than a United with Willian playing RM, imo.  Martial's one of my favourite players for a while, but he hasn't taken plenty of the chances he's been given and Jose doesn't rate him.  I also don't think his future is as a no.9, he needs to focus on improving on the left side of a front three.  Even though I think the sky's the limit if he really wants it, there's no point in hoping for that under Jose because it won't happen.
  • i get why the utd board are so reluctant to let martial go. he could potentially be a thierry henry at juventus in theory. unlock that potential and see him fly.

MEN saying spurs and utd 10mil apart in valuation for aiderwield. I'd have him over maguire all day. classy defender, solid, experienced and a leader at the back.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    First pre-season game of the year at Reading. The stadium is so lacking in character. Kinda befitting of their team so far.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    MEN saying spurs and utd 10mil apart in valuation for aiderwield. I'd have him over maguire all day. classy defender, solid, experienced and a leader at the back.

Both are better than our second best CB (Smalling imo), so either would be nice.  But yeah, don't really fancy smashing the defender transfer record to smithereens for Sir Harry.
  • Think about chucking £35m at Lascelles
  • Olimite wrote:
    First pre-season game of the year at Reading. The stadium is so lacking in character. Kinda befitting of their team so far.

Easy 4-0 win for Palace. Going to walk the league.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Blindfolded.
  • That's Mitro on his way. Undervalued at £20m if you ask me especially as he's off to a relegation rival.

Still, at least Rafa has another £150k or so in his transfer kitty now.
  • Who can you sign for £150k a year?
  • Joselu might have a sister.
  • Anyone got a streaming link for the Man U Liverpool friendly please?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    No
  • I've built my whole evening around this and First Row Sports appears to be dead.  I'm not even properly pissed yet, been pacing myself perfectly.
  • I've found one.  Ace streams, too - ha.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh
  • Lovely free kick from Pereira.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    That's Mitro on his way. Undervalued at £20m if you ask me especially as he's off to a relegation rival.

Still, at least Rafa has another £150k or so in his transfer kitty now.

He's not worth £20m to be fair, although it's being reported that we've agreed £22m rising to £27m. Which is mad money.

Lejeune has done his cruiciate ligament too. Used to be a season ender but I'm not sure how long it takes nowadays, operation required so it'll be a while before he's back. Hope Clarke steps up in his stead.
  • Compared to what others are going for £27m seems decent money. I'd heard £18m which was pitiful. I just hope we forget about Rondon, although there doesn't seem to be a plan B (except playing Joselu all season long).
  • Some goal by Shaqiri.

Yeah yeah, I know... preseason friendly etc, but great technique all the same.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!