Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Poch wants to manage a football club not a brand. If he leaves it will be to go to Real or Juve or Atheltico etc.

No worthwhile manager wants to put on some mascara and flog peanuts to Taiwan.

Man U will end up with another has been big name again after Jose.
  • Yeah, it's not United, we won't even be in the running. If he leaves it's to Real. It's worth pointing out that the Premier League TV deal is much higher now than when Arsenal left Highbury.

True the tv deal is better, but Spurs dont generate as much revenue as Arsenal and still have to pay this the debt while being competitive and stay within the FFP rules.

I can see Mourinho going to Real Madrid or PSG (whichever he does there will be fireworks with Neymar). Mourinho's strength is working with established pro's and not developing talent. PSG and Real have the same outlook as Mourinho.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Poch wants to manage a football club not a brand. If he leaves it will be to go to Real or Juve or Atheltico etc. No worthwhile manager wants to put on some mascara and flog peanuts to Taiwan. Man U will end up with another has been big name again after Jose.

Live, i'll quote this post back to you if Poch ends up being Utd manager in the Summer.
  • Fine. All it will mean is I have over estimated Poch.
    Your club exist to pay off debt to the owners. Not for football. Nothing will change at Man U unless they sell up, and they won't.
    Most fans want Woodward out, he is the heart of the club now. He is a brand manager.

Spurs have stadium debt but have an intelligent plan to pay it off. We will eventually hist the first ever UK NFL franchise. We aren't Arsenal, we have Levy.
  • He wants to manage a football club not a brand...he might go to real or juve?!!!??!??????

And the reasons to stay at Spurs is because they’ll have an incorporated NFL team?

What is this argument.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The NFL franchise and game hosting will provide a huge supplementary income for spurs football club. Spurs have a state of the art world class football stadium, and a world class training facility. They appear to have a well developed plan for making a successful club.
  • Having to watch our biggest game of the season as I go to hers via train. Curses!

Let's fucking go Rangers. No fucking about tonight!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The events of the past week have put me out of football entirely - I missed the predicto thread last week because I was so down. I don't even know or to be honest care about Celtic tonight because last week was a bit of a fucking reality check.
  • Ah well. McGregor sold us short with that kick out (his kicking is usually suspect) but the real sickener was those two games v Spartak. Should've been 6 points but instead it was 1.

Oh well. Not bad for not having a chance in hell.
  • The NFL franchise and game hosting will provide a huge supplementary income for spurs football club. Spurs have a state of the art world class football stadium, and a world class training facility. They appear to have a well developed plan for making a successful club.

You’re forgetting their cheese room. No self respecting, customer focused, event provider should be without their own cheese room.
  • Through. Bring on the draw.

This time next year we'll be in the Champions League.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The NFL franchise and game hosting will provide a huge supplementary income for spurs football club. Spurs have a state of the art world class football stadium, and a world class training facility. They appear to have a well developed plan for making a successful club.

You’re forgetting their cheese room. No self respecting, customer focused, event provider should be without their own cheese room.

People always snipe at spurs because they don't spend enough on players and wages. Then when they come up with a plan to generate the money required to spend on players and wages, without a sugar daddy owner, or getting in massive dept, people snipe at them again.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Welcome to being a big club.
  • Eh?  I was just giggling at the fact that a club would build it’s own fromagerie into its new stadium.  Nothing against Spurs in the slightest just - how much football has changed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Eh?  I was just giggling at the fact that a club would build it’s own fromagerie into its new stadium.  Nothing against Spurs in the slightest just - how much football has changed.

That wasn't directed at you specifically, it's a general theme I see, and your post triggered a rant.

• All big clubs are now effectively brands. Owners are in it for making money for themselves. The exceptions to that being PSG and CITY who were bought for political reasons for Abu Dhabi and Qatar respectively. Levy would bite your hand off if you offered him the revenues that Man Utd, Real Madrid etc generate. NFL will provide a supplementary income, it will also ruin the pitch. I have no doubt that a world class stadium and training facilities will serve Spurs well, its just that it will be a very long time before they are free of financial restraint. Unless a billionaire / state decided to buy spurs.

On a sidenote, there's another mindset to consider when judging Man Utd presently. We arent under performing, we've just gone back to performing like Man Utd did before Fergie took over.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    All big clubs are now effectively brands. Owners are in it for making money for themselves. The exceptions to that being PSG and CITY who were bought for political reasons for Abu Dhabi and Qatar respectively. Levy would bite your hand off if you offered him the revenues that Man Utd, Real Madrid etc generate. NFL will provide a supplementary income, it will also ruin the pitch. I have no doubt that a world class stadium and training facilities will serve Spurs well, its just that it will be a very long time before they are free of financial restraint. Unless a billionaire / state decided to buy spurs.

On a sidenote, there's another mindset to consider when judging Man Utd presently. We arent under performing, we've just gone back to performing like Man Utd did before Fergie took over.

It might, but it will only ruin the NFL pitch, not the football pitch. Of course levy would want the revenues that Utd, Real Madrid et al have, but he cannot generate them from merchandise and licensing like they can, so he's doing it the only way he can. By developing a football club with world class facilities, that generate income for the club, so they can pay the wages required to attract the players they need to compete at the very top of football, so they can start to generate that extra income from "the brand". All on a healthy foundation that focuses on investment and development, rather that dodgy funding (City etc) or debt.
  • That BT announced they're keeping the UFC rights, thank fuck, and I've went ahead and cancelled Eleven Sports. Can catch Juve highlights on YouTube from the official Serie A account minutes after full time anyway. Will just vipleague the bigger games.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I awoke at 3am this morning after going to bed rather than dealing with football, because now after what happened less than a week ago, I have an anorexic pupil about to be hospitalised. I'm kind of at my end tether. That's for another thread.

Anyway, I awoke and looked at my phone notifications and saw we lost 2-1 and thought "fuck it, shit month, classic Celtic".
    Then I got into work and my Heart's supporting colleague called me a jammy bastard.
    God bless Norway.
  • Twist endings are the best.
  • Huge six pointer and the Mags hold on for the biggest win of the season.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Massive three points for us too with City (a) up next.

Roll on January!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Uter baws, more injuries, team picking itself at the minute, defence full of left backs
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • This is classic Fulham. So bad at the back. Should have a few goals themselves too.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I would say didlo, but it's not West Ham
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Killie top of the league till tomorrow!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    What is going on with their badge. Looks like it was designed for a laugh.

wlb6q4xa.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looks like Davie drew it with some crayons.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!