Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/AD16524/adidas-Mens-JFC-Juventus-Away-Shirt-Bold-Gold-Collegiate-Royal

£20 juventus shirts going really quickly. is it afgav and vere who are the juventus fans on here?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    There is fuck all in any of those links Dino.
    mate, when the entire british football press is going with the same story, you may have a small inkling that they could be onto something. Utd also targeting Paul Mitchell as Sporting Director - who worked with Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton and Spurs before going to German side RB Leipzig as Sporting Director. The Sun, just broke story that Eddie Howe is Spurs target if Poch leaves for utd next summer.

The issue being that the press have to fill not only pages but website and social media feeds. So they stick something up there. The amount of transfers that have happened because the press started running with something, and then clubs wanting to keep fans happy start to go with it. Not worried about EH going anywhere, although hopefully these rumours will force the board to announce a timeline on new training pitches and stadium. I'm not sure Poch will go either, but he'll happily use this as reason to go to Levy and ask for a raise
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Solskjaer it is then.  My favourite ever player leading us to Champions League glory, again.  Bring on the future.
  • Ole aside, Mike Phelan being back at the club is the biggest news.

I actually have some hope for the rest of the season now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    There is fuck all in any of those links Dino.
    mate, when the entire british football press is going with the same story, you may have a small inkling that they could be onto something. Utd also targeting Paul Mitchell as Sporting Director - who worked with Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton and Spurs before going to German side RB Leipzig as Sporting Director. The Sun, just broke story that Eddie Howe is Spurs target if Poch leaves for utd next summer.

The issue being that the press have to fill not only pages but website and social media feeds. So they stick something up there. The amount of transfers that have happened because the press started running with something, and then clubs wanting to keep fans happy start to go with it. Not worried about EH going anywhere, although hopefully these rumours will force the board to announce a timeline on new training pitches and stadium. I'm not sure Poch will go either, but he'll happily use this as reason to go to Levy and ask for a raise

I think demanding a transfer budget is more likely. He's just signed a 4 year deal this year.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I read in tomorrow's chip packet that it's the coffee machine he really wants, but bartering with Levy is like getting blood from a stone.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Lol

The football press are notorious for clickbait articles.
    Now you are buying that Spurs are lining up Howe!

There is nothing in any of these stories but speculation. It may happen but no-one penning these articles know anymore than we do.

Football Journalists know more than the bog standard football fan. They have contacts and sources. Board directors, managers, directors of football, players, agents etc all use the media to get stories out they want. Sometimes it backfires and sometimes the storeies cant be controlled i.e. fc Hollywood as Bayern as known as for the leaks.

When they are all in agreement on a story, i tend to think they have been briefed from the same source. Broadsheets and tabloids in this case all going with Utd want Poch. No smoking gun so far as you keep alluding to @liv. However as a utd fan its good enough for me for now. If it happens then great, if not then so what? Its just football, a hobby and an interest that i enjoy discussing.

I thought the eddie howe story, only coming from The Sun at mo, would interest our Bournemouth and Spurs fans on here.
  • Ole aside, Mike Phelan being back at the club is the biggest news.

I actually have some hope for the rest of the season now.

I'm glad phelan is back as well. Cant help feel that fergie has been consulted for advice on all of this.
    Fergie often mentioned that the club should employ ex utd players in various roles as Bayern/AC Milan do. It would be good if we got back to this.
  • Manger convo will be moot once Ole stakes his irrefutable claim.
  • Watch out Rob Lee top 5, he's a-comin'

• @Dino

Firstly, yes journalists have sources but that isn't what is happening here. All those articles are just speculation based on Poch's press conference yesterday. Man U and their manager is the top story right now, they have to write something, that is why every journalist is writing it. Its is a media fabricated story.

Which leads to my next point. While this is exciting for you it is so endlessly tiresome for me. I want to hear about my club at press conferences not the absolute joke that Man U have become. We went through all this in the summer with Real. They tried it with Eriksen as well, other players in the past and it will happen in the future.
    When you don't support a club like Man U or Real or Barca this endless speculation serving those clubs is really dull and often frustrating.

You are right, it is just a sport, so lets talk about the sport and not trash tier media speculation. Happy to talk about what Poch could or couldnt bring to Man U but frothing over clickbait is just a bit tragic.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mootsy epitomising your common garden Man U fan there, worshipping cuntish deeds.

Speaking of which, I've just had to kill TalkSport as 'Arry and that false tan twat from Palace was on, then Dennis fucking Wise came on to say hello. An Unholy Trinity of self serving bastards, I'll not stand for it.
  • Cuntish?  He's clearly going for the ball.
  • Liv i take your points onboard, if i bore you just ignore me. btw more than happy to talk about football topics other than utd. im a bit football crazy :)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I thought the eddie howe story, only coming from The Sun at mo, would interest our Bournemouth and Spurs fans on here.

But that part has been on forums and social media for about eighteen months. That's the 'source' that the Sun is looking at. Any decent club would be an idiot for not having EH on their wishlist if the looked like losing a manager. Not worried though, can't see him going anywhere, even if Poch does go, which I'm not sure he will either
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Liv i take your points onboard, if i bore you just ignore me. btw more than happy to talk about football topics other than utd. im a bit football crazy :)
    Sorry, I was a bit tough on you there. Its just frustrating knowing this will underpin the rest of the season. All analysis and column inches for Spurs will now have to mention Man u, based on very little actual fact.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

But that part has been on forums and social media for about eighteen months. That's the 'source' that the Sun is looking at. Any decent club would be an idiot for not having EH on their wishlist if the looked like losing a manager. Not worried though, can't see him going anywhere, even if Poch does go, which I'm not sure he will either

i had no idea before today. i think he's doing a fantastic job at Bournemouth. My question is, what does success look like for Bournemouth and is that enough to keep him? Is it top ten finishes? Qualifying for europe? Avoiding relegation every season?

btw, not trolling, genuine question
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/AD16524/adidas-Mens-JFC-Juventus-Away-Shirt-Bold-Gold-Collegiate-Royal

£20 juventus shirts going really quickly. is it afgav and vere who are the juventus fans on here?

Already have that top in question but it does have the World Cup kit for Columbia this year at 12.99 and I proper liked that kit as well. Cheers!
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Liv i take your points onboard, if i bore you just ignore me. btw more than happy to talk about football topics other than utd. im a bit football crazy :)
    Sorry, I was a bit tough on you there. Its just frustrating knowing this will underpin the rest of the season. All analysis and column inches for Spurs will now have to mention Man u, based on very little actual fact.

No probs @liv, its all good.

Its a difficult predicament that Spurs are in. I agree with Shearer on MOTD. Spurs are just one or two top top players short of giving City and Liverpool a run for their money across the league and cup competitions. Whether levy makes that money available in January, who knows? Also which positions can you really improve?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/AD16524/adidas-Mens-JFC-Juventus-Away-Shirt-Bold-Gold-Collegiate-Royal

Already have that top in question but it does have the World Cup kit for Columbia this year at 12.99 and I proper liked that kit as well. Cheers!

juventus 3rd top was on there but sold out. the Colombia home and away are nice. The Argentina home kit with number 10 on front and messi on the back for £12 will fly off the shelves.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, might grab that Columbia shirt and stick Lerma on the back of it, home shirt as looking at his disciplinary record yellow is definitely his favourite colour
  • The away one is very s t a u n c h
  • Ordered that very one. I'm always a bit skeptical with deals like this but I'll post of it's quality when it arrives. Just need to keep the arrival of a loud blue and orange shirt quiet from the gf. She's bought me the current Juve 3rd with "Chiellini 3" on the back for Christmas. Excite.
  • They still have the River Plate home and away jerseys on there for £9.99. i bought both. The home top is lovely. Sash on front and back.

@afgav quality should be fine, i buy from that siten often and footy tops have been pucker.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pucker football tops.

What has become of us?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
     I agree with Shearer on MOTD. Spurs are just one or two top top players short of giving City and Liverpool a run for their money across the league and cup competitions. Whether levy makes that money available in January, who knows? Also which positions can you really improve?

I think the improvement thing is likely what stops the Levy money thing.
    For much of our squad improvement would cost a fair bit as they are at the top end of their tier if that makes sense.
    We have been burnt buying players who are doing well in Europe.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Spurs fans bricking it that their God wants to go to a global mega-corp team, albeit a currently shit one. Delicious.
  • Spurs fans bricking it that their God wants to go to a global mega-corp team, albeit a currently shit one. Delicious.
    Textbook DS :D
  • Here's an argument starter.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/dec/18/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2018-nos-100-71

Lukaku is far too high, he isn't better than Leroy Sane, Jesus, Walker, Benzema etc.
    edit: maybe better than Jesus over the entirety of 2018.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!