Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • It’s so frustrating. We’re playing better football than our results show. Like many premier league teams we’re a good striker away from being good. Our best striker is sulky and can’t seem to play outside his comfort zone really and the poacher in our team (iheanacho) just stands around unless we are winning.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    On the plus side Barnes looks quality as did Tielemans. You need to get rid of Ihenacho and Okazaki and get some better strikers in.

1-4 was very harsh on you.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    First time we've had a man sent off against us for one hundred and fifty five Premier League games, it's got to be some kind of record. In that time we've had 18 of our players sent off.
  • You’re welcome! Was at the match today, bloke from work has season ticket but wasn’t interested in going. We were utter shite.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Is Mooy back yet?
  • Yeah, been back two or three games now.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    That's Puel sacked. Thoughts @mistercrayon?
  • Disappointed. Obviously we aren’t getting results but also we played some decent football hampered by a lot of mistakes (maybe that was on him). I think it was good that he was trying to move away from the players of the title winning side - they want to just play counter attacking football but Vardy doesn’t have the legs and we don’t have Kante plus they were at their peaks then- and play more controlling football with young players.

Hopefully he’s imbued enough in the new generation of players that the next person can bounce forward (like ranieri with Pearson - each needed the other’s contributions to create a team than was better than they each could have done)
  • I think its a bit weird. You could still realistically finish the season in ninth. I dont think you're in any danger of relegation.

Unless there is someone waiting in the wings who will play a totally different style, I dont really get it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Where do they expect to be though?? Forget about winning the league again, and even the Everton cup isn't really Everton's anymore. Is there a small middle ground of teams that think they're entitled to be team 7, or are they even more delusional than that and think they can be part of the six. You have to buy Robinho first. I recall a vote about redistribution of funds (greater emphasis on number of telly appearances I think) it was telling that both WHU and Leicester voted for, thinking that they were guaranteed to be beneficiaries of it. I recall Gartside voting against parachute payments a few years back, yet look at Bolton now
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Being linked with Rodgers (lol) or Benitez (decent shout).
  • Rangers 4-0 up at half time. Might need an early goal in the second half to make sure..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hamilton famously save all their energy for the last 20 minutes
  • A raging hangover and a trip to Old Trafford, where we traditionally play like shit. Urgh.

EDIT: not me on the trip, I'm right here in the armchair
  • Don't think its all puel's fault. The change in style of play would have been signed off by people higher up than him. As would have changing of the personal from the title winning team. He has left. behind a good core of young players as he did at lille. Failing out with the senior players didnt help.

That job will attract alot of managers, though as others have said, what are the clubs ambitions and qualifies as success.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have decided to walk 4 miles to the pub to see the man utd Liverpool game with my mate.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (I've walked it)
  • These pub closures are shocking.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fair play to rangers they're pressing for a fifth like the away goals count.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Where do they expect to be though?? Forget about winning the league again, and even the Everton cup isn't really Everton's anymore. Is there a small middle ground of teams that think they're entitled to be team 7, or are they even more delusional than that and think they can be part of the six. You have to buy Robinho first. I recall a vote about redistribution of funds (greater emphasis on number of telly appearances I think) it was telling that both WHU and Leicester voted for, thinking that they were guaranteed to be beneficiaries of it. I recall Gartside voting against parachute payments a few years back, yet look at Bolton now

I don’t think it’s necessarily about “where we expect to finish”. Don’t forget that seasons can bleed into others and we’ve been on ends of season fantastic form (before we won the prem) and awful form (under taylor when we got relegated). If we’re in the kind of slump that isn’t woken up from we could get relegated next year and maybe those in charge don’t see it happening.

I’m not sure. I think they think they’ve given him a good amount of time and losing frequently to (the ever shrinking list) of teams below us is something they don’t think is good for a team that he’s had time and money to put a stamp on especially when the trajectory is negative.

Like I said I think there were glimmers of nice football and a better controlling game but its not all been perfect: our discipline is low (yellows and reds) and we let in too many terrible goals too often, while not putting away chances. You can constantly attribute that to the individuals in that situation but maybe not correcting those things was too much for the manager to do.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oh I don't think Leicester are any more entitled than any other football fan, just had a bunch of Wolves fans going on about being a big club fer chrissakes. Yeah and last time they were big we beat them on our giant killling cup run, the draw was unkind to us that year. In our heads we think that Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Palace, and Newcastle shuold be the teams that are 'safe' and competing in that second tier. Just as recent years have shown us, that's gubbins. A decade ago the three teams going down were two of the promoted ones and pick one from six others. Nowadays it's any 3 from 14, and that scares some previously complacent boards who assumed that three seasons mean't you had consolidated your place and would be at the trough forever more
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I think social media has a big say in it as well - full of impatient kids and angry men/women who demand a sacking after a couple of bad results.

Every club has them.
  • This is going to be a long game isn't it?
  • If the game gets abandoned due to not enough players, does it get replayed?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    And Rashford looks like he has a knock too. No better chance for the scouse.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Three injury subs now with Firmino heading off.
  • Anyone who but Sanchez on for Ole, even running Rashford into the glue factory. Sanchez has earned more watching the first half than I have this month, so maybe he's happy enough.
  • With a full strength midfield of pogba, matuc and herrera we had a chance, but pogba, perriera and mctominay? like lambs to the slaughter...
  • Very pleasing win today. And for a supposed one man team, having five different scorers when he's suspended is decent. Chuffed for big Laff. Let's go.
  • Now is your time to shine Sanchez.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!