Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It's hit his arm but it's not handball. VAR gets the big decisions right, and instead of ruining the drama at the end it amplified it in my opinion, incredible stuff.

Wherher it’s handball probably depends on who you support. I think he gets an advantage off his arm which should tip it towards handball but not really 100 percent either way.

What are you on about. Where does his arm go?
    I dont think Newcastle fans are especially invested in Spurs either.

Calm down, I’m not going to take away spurs semi final place. :)
  • I'm still buzzing mate. I'm good.
  • It's a special Ajax team we are up against but I think Spurs have a special side here as well.
    You dont fluke your way to a semi final (unless you are Greece) so I'm positive, why not.

Both Spurs and this Ajax team are inexperienced so anything could happen and I think it will be a great fixture.

Liverpool Barca is the more experienced tie. I suspect that will be less wild, more considered, a real tech showcase.

I'm glad it has fallen this way.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Annoying the two semis are on at the same time, didn't they use to be one day after the other?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don’t see that one but sounds like a bad edge case. I can sort of see why they take a hard line on what deliberate means (and the intention to act is deliberate at least), and in the era of VAR it’d be even worse.

Remember this one? (from three years ago. That I recorded on my phone then uploaded to YouTube to discuss here. I'm that sad.)

To my mind the defender had played that because there's a player behind him. He's being influenced by the positioning of a player who's offside, and that player is gaining an advantage by bring there. Wrong call.

Obviously it's totally different from tonight, where I agree that the City player intentionally blocked the ball and it's ended up running through to the offside Aguero. Right call.
  • I think (who knows) that defender would make that header regardless of the player behind. The trickiness is if he puts the header out of play he’s happy so he clearly meant to do something. What the intentionality does do is cancel the possibility of a header where the defender has ages and in a relaxed manner makes the attacker offside and gets away with it if they mess it up.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Annoying the two semis are on at the same time, didn't they use to be one day after the other?
    Really?
    Seems a bit silly and I'm surprised the TV rights holders allow it.

I understand league games wrapping up on the same day but surely there isnt any real advantage for CL semis. It's not like the final is the next day.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It's a special Ajax team we are up against but I think Spurs have a special side here as well.
    You dont fluke your way to a semi final (unless you are Greece) so I'm positive, why not.

Both Spurs and this Ajax team are inexperienced so anything could happen and I think it will be a great fixture.

Liverpool Barca is the more experienced tie. I suspect that will be less wild, more considered, a real tech showcase.

I'm glad it has fallen this way.

Ajax will beat us over two legs. Prepare for disappointment

Remember our best player is off injured.
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • If they do I'm ok with it.
    Just didn't want to go out to cunts.

I will back Ajax in the final if they do.
  • I think the semi-finals are on separate nights, they usually are. 

UEFA just haven't confirmed whose playing on which night yet.
    The semi-final first legs will be played on Tuesday 30 April and Wednesday 1 May, with the returns taking place the following week. Specific match dates will be confirmed in due course.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, I can live with going out to Ajax, plus it will be a proper European match. Losing to a PL team is doubly painful.

Also, Ajax are our best chance of reaching the final.
  • Kane will probably rush himself back from injury for the semi-final and unbalance the side. Not that I'm bothered too much about the other tie, both teams are very good.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Kane will probably rush himself back from injury for the semi-final and unbalance the side.
    Im kind of hoping he's crocked until June.
  • If I was neutral these are the Semis I would want.
    Whatever happens the final will be experience vs new blood.

Barca are Barca, Liverpool were there last season.

Ajax have won it but a long time ago and this is uncharted territory for Spurs.

#thenarrative
  • Hopefully we can get Karius back from his loan spell if we make the final.

#bantz
    #pleasenevercomeback
  • Liverpool are regaining a decent European reputation over the last few years: Europa League final, Champions League final, and now Champions League semi-final.

Fun times :D
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Liverpool are regaining a decent European reputation over the last few years: Europa League final, Champions League final, and now Champions League semi-final. Fun times :D

We had a pretty good one before then tbh.
  • Kane hasn't been very mobile since the second ankle break. I hope he gets to rest and reeducate until August
  • Kane should sit out the season. He never recovered from the World Cup.

Come back next season refreshed and he will be golden.

Son is something else though. 20 goals in all club comps, a spell out for international duty. Most of all though, the most lovable man in football. You would have to have a heart of stone to not love that smile.
    Not player of the year, that is De Bruyne, but definitely in team of the year.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Liverpool are regaining a decent European reputation over the last few years: Europa League final, Champions League final, and now Champions League semi-final. Fun times :D

We had a pretty good one before then tbh.

Yep, and unfortunately I’m old enough to remember most of it :D
  • Yep, and unfortunately I’m old enough to remember most of it :D

I missed it all. Literally the minute I signed up it turned to shit.

I vaguely remember Hillsborough, the Arsenal title heartbreak (I cried) and then the win the next season. 

After that, it was all Paul Stewart, Razor Ruddock and Dean Saunders hitting the crossbar from a yard out. Not that I can complain too much as our fallow years were still pretty decent by most team's standards.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Yep, and unfortunately I’m old enough to remember most of it :D

I missed it all. Literally the minute I signed up it turned to shit.

I vaguely remember Hillsborough, the Arsenal title heartbreak (I cried) and then the win the next season. 

After that, it was all Paul Stewart, Razor Ruddock and Dean Saunders hitting the crossbar from a yard out. Not that I can complain too much as our fallow years were still pretty decent by most team's standards.

I support Liverpool because my gran loved Kevin keegan.

To think, if I was a few years younger I could be a Southampton fan.
  • All the granny's loved Kev.

That hair.
  • I support Spurs because I was 6 when my best mate said "What football team do you support?"
    I replied "none"
    Then he gestured toward a poster of Teddy Sheringham.

Then his family took me to see a Spurs match for my Birthday. 1-1 vs Leeds.
    I remember it vividly though. Two seats to the right of the centre line, three seats back.
  • Sorry I'm ranty because I am totally buzzed.
    I'm so excited for the future of Spurs.

We are in a CL semi without spending a penny on players. Imo we have the best manager available. We have been tested and found sound.
    League performance could perhaps should be better but I get that, we are still developing in many ways.

Our stadium is insane like absolutely insane but also focussed on secondary revenue. We now own NFL games in the UK and host a 24/7 commercial hub. It wont be many years until this stadium is payed off. As far as reports go it is considered the best in the world so will likely rival Old Trafford and that Cardiff thing for non-Wembley events.

The future is bright and I think we are doing it the right way.
  • Love it. Best of luck to him.

An important part in Spurs moving from mid-table to CL semi finalists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/47969274
  • Rafa Van Der daarts?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!