Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yup. Liverpool came 4th last time didn’t they and no qualies this year.

Ah, I was just going off some punditry on sky sports news.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    I thought we'd stopped this editing people's posts?

Im.on mobile and genuinely did that by accident man. I offer my apologies. Didn't realise til I just came back into the thread.

Was meant to be a new post but my fat thumbs caught the button it seems.

That whiffs of absolute bullshit. What button do you accidentally hit to delete someone's post and type out some troll crap?

Yep
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Larry's big enough and ugly enough to look after himself. I'm sure if he has an issue he will say so.
  • I don't mind the arguing and the (urgh) 'bantz' but editing posts is a bit off - because most of us don't have the power to do so.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How does the mod edit thing work? If it's a button next to the quote button, and DS was going for the "quote the post but edit the content to make someone look a tit" sikbants then I can see the mistake.

Still rotten patter but not as nefarious as it first seems.
  • City really have surprised me with how terrible their fan base is. When they were nowhere (the majority of their so-called 'history') it was all 'beat United for us, we'll be cheering you on' now they're suddenly swaggering around giving it loads, backed up by their dodgy owner's blood money.
  • Liverpool fans gotta feel hard done by. Only 1 league defeat and still not champions. If City dont get some sort of ban or points deduction they'll go out and strengthen even more for next season. Limitless funds when your backed by a country.
  • Eric wrote:
    I'd be really annoyed if that was me and my lad. 

He's been running around saying 'Oh my God!' a lot recently which is bad enough. He heard a mum say it at a nursery open day yesterday and repeated it non-stop for 5 minutes. This did mean I wasn't as mortified  as I would have been when he deliberately pranged her boy in the face with a rake a few minutes after that. Also, his name was Alvin and he had white socks pulled up to his knees so he was surely asking for a pranging from someone, eh, right, damn straight.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    City really have surprised me with how terrible their fan base is. When they were nowhere (the majority of their so-called 'history') it was all 'beat United for us, we'll be cheering you on' now they're suddenly swaggering around giving it loads, backed up by their dodgy owner's blood money.

I find this aspect completely bizarre as well. You only have to look at Man U and Chelsea to see the wilderness years are inevitable. Additionally it makes me sad in a way because the difference between success and failure was so sharp and so contrasted it just makes it more apparent how irrelevant the fans are from the whole business in a way.
  • Eric wrote:
    I'd be really annoyed if that was me and my lad. 

Much as I like a good jump-in-shout-bollocks vid, this was my first thought too.
  • How does the mod edit thing work?
    There's approximately 2mm between the tiny Quote Edit Delete buttons when viewed on my actual phone screen. It's surprising accidents don't happen more often.
    YgMSB5f.png
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    How does the mod edit thing work? If it's a button next to the quote button, and DS was going for the "quote the post but edit the content to make someone look a tit" sikbants then I can see the mistake. Still rotten patter but not as nefarious as it first seems.

It was a genuine mistake, sat next to the missus as she waffled on about wallpaper whilst trying to do absolute banter about the kickball. If I'd edited a post deliberately to be a dick I'd own up to it, after over 10 years here I would've thought I'd have some leeway of others believing I'm not being an absolute cunt, maybe not.
  • The onus is on you to justify your actions bud, not on us to show you gratitude for "time served".
  • But I accept your explanation as plausible. Tetchy subject for me, since gnan never apologised for his miscreance, nor others besides.
  • DS edits my posts all the time. I'm always super positive about utd, yet somehow end up look like I'm moaning about how shit we are ;)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The onus is on you to justify your actions bud, not on us to show you gratitude for "time served".

I get ya tetchiness but there's fuck all to justify when there's a mistake which I apologised for. Its not like I likened Larry to a chimp in clothes or owt.

If you, or Paul, or others don't buy it then fair play, I'm not gonna spend several pages begging for forgiveness over an accident.
  • 'It's Liverpool's year next year' was the clue (rather than 'it's our year next year', as it would've read with nefarious editing) but the breadcrumbs vanished.

Verdict: shouldn't be sacked.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    moar sprots plox
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

That's what sounded off to me, because if you'd wanted to make a new post you'd scroll to the bottom of the thread like normal, post your tip top bants and not have deleted Larry's post. If you've clicked the wrong button like I thought you might have while doing the quote edit thing (and g's pic points out how easy it could be done) then fair enough, but that's not what you said you did.

I'm not sure what benefit of doubt you're expecting when there was clearly shenanigans afoot while you were trolling someone. I said it whiffed of bullshit because it did, now we've cleared it up.
  • Ds has always been a Stand up guy,
    He told you's he made a mistake and that's what happened.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's what sounded off to me, because if you'd wanted to make a new post you'd scroll to the bottom of the thread like normal, post your tip top bants and not have deleted Larry's post. If you've clicked the wrong button like I thought you might have while doing the quote edit thing (and g's pic points out how easy it could be done) then fair enough, but that's not what you said you did. I'm not sure what benefit of doubt you're expecting when there was clearly shenanigans afoot while you were trolling someone. I said it whiffed of bullshit because it did, now we've cleared it up.

I thought 'new post' encapsulated quotes as well, as a post with a quote in is a new post. I'll be sure to be extra specific if it happens again.

As ya say, done now.
  • Chris Houghton fired as Brighton manager. Ungrateful Brighton exec board.
  • That's shitty. He seemed like a dead nice guy. I know being nice isn't really a skill to be valued in football, but what do the Brighton board expect - a title push? Conquering all of Europe?
  • Aye. Hard to see what better job they could have realistically expected than staying up.
    On the flipside, he's been there 5 years and hard to see what more he could do...so as much as he doesn't deserve being sacked, hopefully he gets a nice payoff and no relegation looks good on the cv.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    That's shitty. He seemed like a dead nice guy. I know being nice isn't really a skill to be valued in football, but what do the Brighton board expect - a title push? Conquering all of Europe?

It’s kind of disingenuous to say just because they don’t want a manager who kept them at 17th they are gunning for the championship.

There are a number of clubs of their size, notably Bournemouth, who look like they’ll stay ahead of Brighton. In fact you look at the four teams above them - Bournemouth, palace, Southampton and Burnley and you can’t see them over taking any of them (especially if palace keep zaha). Which means they are scrabbling around relegation. Given that they didn’t earn enough to really be comfortable even at 17 (3 wins in half a season when Huddersfield and Fulham are around) isn’t a good return.

He’s probably taken them as far as they can (they aren’t even scoring goals really) so unless Brighton are happy with a top end prediction for next year being a coin flip for relegation (17/18th place) they really needed to change something.
  • They've been poor recently, no doubt. But outright sacking seems wrong. Arrange a 'mutual consent' thing at least.

And two of those teams you mentioned got to their position of relative stability by sticking with their managers (B'mouth & Burnley). If they've got a plan in place and are confident of a quality replacement then it might work out, otherwise they could end up with a half-season disaster manager before Fat Sam or someone comes in to give them a quotation on a relegation avoidance job.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!