Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Is Steve Mclaren free?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    They've been poor recently, no doubt. But outright sacking seems wrong. Arrange a 'mutual consent' thing at least.

And two of those teams you mentioned got to their position of relative stability by sticking with their managers (B'mouth & Burnley). If they've got a plan in place and are confident of a quality replacement then it might work out, otherwise they could end up with a half-season disaster manager before Fat Sam or someone comes in to give them a quotation on a relegation avoidance job.

I think the balance though is they’ve had stability but are on the wrong side of the curve. Sticking feels like accepting doom as acceptable.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Paid for that death spiral post January. Pretty sure they spent decent money on garbage too. Hughton always struck me as one of the nice guys so hope he gets another shot somewhere.

Who's in the running? Moyes and the rest of the regular names?
  • Having a look through the past 10 seasons. 36 points is enough to stay up in 7 of them, but nearly always puts the team in 16th/17th.
    I think it is just too close, especially given that Fulham were absolute shite and Huddersfield just not a Premier League standard, both dropping very early.

Looking at the teams coming up,  think they will pose a bigger threat next season.

It seems cut throat but this is the best time to make a change. Get it done early, get in while having the pick of managers and get the best out of the transfer window and summer training.
  • Moyes and the rest of the regular names?

Graham Potter, Phil Neville, Michael O’Neill, Mikel Arteta and Alex Neil.
  • The Argus does not understand Claude Puel.
  • IT'S PARTY TIME AND NOT ONE MINUTE WE CAN LOSE

SCOTTY ARFIELD
  • I was thinking about the final fixtures in the prem this year, and given such a close battle between Man City and Liverpool, it's a shame the final games weren't more competitive (for City in particular) - or ideally against each other.
    This got me thinking, maybe the league should be more selective around the final games of the season to try to engineer potential big last-game shenanigans?
    I'm thinking maybe top 2 from season before should face each other on last day, and/or the top 6 are randomly drawn against each other. Similarly, the bottom 3 teams that survive go into the mix with the 3 promoted teams, increasing the chances of a relegation decider on the last day.
    I remember watching the liverpool-arsenal title decider from 89, that's how leagues should finish!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • @ram makes a good point.

In Bournemouth today with missus and little one. Cant help think if a billionaire took over Bournemouth and pumped in as much money as the Emirates did for city you'd have a location which other than London would be probably first choice for alot of foreign players. The beach is lovely, it's a scenic nice town (from what we've seen of it). Ok the Mediterranean and South of France is one thing but Bournemouth on a nice summer's day is bloody lovely.
  • They’d need more than 12000 fans first. City used to get gates of 50k when they were in division 3.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • City's average attendance was 28,000 in 98/99 when they were in the third tier. Pretty good, but less than Sunderland get now.

Bournemouth's capacity is only 12k I think.
  • City couldn't even manage 28k for their FA Cup semi this season could they?
  • It was a lot cheaper back then.
  • Yeah fair enough. Still can’t see the town of Bournemouth being a draw for big names like.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cities official figures jumped up by about 10k around 3 years ago. I think police figures put them at 45-48k.
  • Bournemouth can be nice but footballers dont like nice, they like gaudy shite.
    The only people with worse taste than footballers are rich Arabs and Russian oligarchs.
  • The WAGS need to be catered for too. They can travel to London, but should they have to? A significant increase in the number of tanning salons and shopping centres would be mandatory. Does Bournemouth have enough chintzy mock Tudor mansions?
  • It can be done, who'd have though Shakhtar Donetsk would be a popular destination with Brazilians? They created the restaurants, salons, shopping centre etc. Basically whatever a Brazilian footballer needs other than hot weather and a beach. It works for them.
  • So word is, Hazard to Real Madrid to be announced after the Europa League Final.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    So word is, Hazard to Real Madrid to be announced after the Europa League Final.

Not really a surprise. He deserves a stage like that for his peak years. Hopefully levy will be a bastard to Madrid over eriksen so they take pogba off us instead.

Some Italian papers mooted a swap deal of Dybala for Alexis Sanchez. Who ever could pull off that deal for utd would deserve all an MBE for that effort.
  • https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/sports/manchester-city-champions-league-uefa.amp.html

New York Times, saying City will be banned from champions league next season.
  • It’ll be a TWO YEAR BAN*

*suspended.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/sports/manchester-city-champions-league-uefa.amp.html

New York Times, saying City will be banned from champions league next season.

Lol, it will never happen. It's a shakedown. Once enough palms are greased, this will magically be downgraded into a fine.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • [font=nyt-imperial, georgia, "times new roman", times, serif]P.S.G. and UEFA have a tangled relationship. The team’s owners also run beIN Sports, the broadcaster that is UEFA’s biggest media rights buyer. Both the club and beIN Sports are run by Nasser al-Khelaifi, a Qatari national who was elected to a position on UEFA’s executive board earlier this year.[/font]
  • Sorry, i just cut and pasted the final paragraph from that article.  Forgive the font and laugh at that fucking absurdity.  UEFA are as bad as FIFA
  • Let's hope they are CL banned, that will really sting. More so than a transfer ban or fine.
  • You're gonna make me say it guys
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!