Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The thing with the tackles in the ladies games is that they're generally not moving as quickly and they are not as skillful at moving the ball around, which makes clean tackles easier, but also mistimed ones less obvious.
  • AC and Inter Milan have announced that the San Siro will be demolished and replaced by a new stadium next door to it ala how Spurs did their stadium move. Mayor of Milan is against the demolition plan and wants it refurbished.
  • The thing with the tackles in the ladies games is that they're generally not moving as quickly and they are not as skillful at moving the ball around, which makes clean tackles easier, but also mistimed ones less obvious.
    Disagree with the last bit in particular...if they're moving slower then mistimed tackles are more obvious.
    Also seems a bit of a weird attempt to defend play acting in the mens game.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    AC and Inter Milan have announced that the San Siro will be demolished and replaced by a new stadium next door to it ala how Spurs did their stadium move. Mayor of Milan is against the demolition plan and wants it refurbished.

Mayor will just be holding out for a better pay off.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Great goal from Japan there. Technique and finesse.
  • Was a good finish like.
  • True or False: Jordan Nobbs?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The thing with the tackles in the ladies games is that they're generally not moving as quickly and they are not as skillful at moving the ball around, which makes clean tackles easier, but also mistimed ones less obvious.
    Disagree with the last bit in particular...if they're moving slower then mistimed tackles are more obvious.
    Also seems a bit of a weird attempt to defend play acting in the mens game.

Nothing weird about it and I'm not trying to defend anything. Ive enjoyed what ive seen of the world cup, but it is slower, and when they are moving at slower speeds a miss timed tackle that would see someone get sent flying in a PL game doesn't have the same effect. Chill your beans.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    True or False: Jordan Nobbs?

Like a barn door in a hurricane.
  • I need Japan to win for my little acca.
    Pretty sure they know it and are just trolling me now with all these chances wasted
  • Bah.
  • Bullshit that was a penalty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    At least the wrong decision was made with all the evidence
  • yeah, if VAR is gonna be shit it better damn well be right.

even in slow motion there isn't enough time to react.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    rgq5hHA.png

Arms away from the body, stopping a shot on target, which the keeper was going to struggle to reach. The arms were spread to make herself bigger because she knew the shot was coming in. If she was a keeper she'd get credit for that save, "She spread herself well there, Clive. Great stop." so I'm not sure how that isn't a penalty.
  • Dont agree with that. The arms are in a pretty natural position for someone in motion and you can see she actually attempts to swing her arm out of the way.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The rule is any contact isn't it, regardless? And rules are rules.
  • No.

HANDLING THE BALL

It is an offence if a player:
    deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
    gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    scores in the opponents’ goal
    creates a goal-scoring opportunity
    scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    It is usually an offence if a player:

touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
    The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
    directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
    if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
    when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    The rule is any contact isn't it, regardless? And rules are rules.

No, you're allowed a natural silhouette which you can't make bigger by spreading your arms like the Japanese lass is doing in the pic. Arms by your sides is fine.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah sorry I more meant that where the ball was going/how close you are to the kick was irrelevant. Will read the small print tho...
  • Why does Ace have the Moroccan flag as an avatar, is this some feeble attempt at provocation?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It was his team in the sweepstake last year. I imagine he got help to change it then, and can't work out how to change it back.
  • Useless fuck, avatar very fitting
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's my issue with them constantly clarifying rules, they were clear enough for years, then suddenly the anti-Waddle rule happened in 1990 and then the backpass stuff and now it seems IFAB have to justify their existence by making changes all the time. Often these are done to aid peoples understanding, fuck people's understanding, if they don't get it then tough shit, get cleverer, or watch a dumber sport, maybe darts

Offside
    If a player is ahead of the ball and has less than two defenders between him and the goal they are in an offside position. He won't be called offside until the moment a ball is played to him. If he returns to an onside position before receiving the ball then he won't be called offside

Handball
    If the path of the ball is altered due to contact with a players arm or hand (shoulder and chest are allowed) then a foul is called. No need for further punishment unless there is intent to deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity

It really can be that simple, if attackers start trying to find defenders hands then you can already either book them for ungentlemanly conduct, or if you really want to send them off for violent conduct. Kicking a ball at another player is an act of violence. We need to stop asking referees to be mindreaders, all this crap about intent, yes sometimes it's needed but as little as possible
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It was his team in the sweepstake last year. I imagine he got help to change it then, and can't work out how to change it back.

Ironically I don't think it was even my team cos of the draw meta-shambles
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also each linesman would just raise the flag the whole time any player was in an offside position, gave the referee a visual indication, which they could tally against when the ball was played. So a pass forwards meant a quick check to see if the flag's up, then a decision made by the referee about whether he was seeking an advantage, had returned to an onside position or wasn't seeking to gain an advantage. If using technology that could be done aurally. A tone in each ear whenever GPS shows an attacker ahead of the second last defender and the ball. Ref can keep eyes on the game then and tally up with the tone they're receiving
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • @cockbeard, what is the 'anti-waddle rule'?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    yellow card for untucked shirt or socks puled down

dd0990c0f1569324adbbf0a8466f26f3.jpg
  • ha, never heard of it referred to like that. also never heard of yellow card for untucked shirt...always played with my shirt untucked, just like the waddler.
  • Looks like Palace have agreed to sell Aaron Wan Bissaka to Man Utd for £50m. He’s an absolute class act, but one year in to his first team career, that’s a hell of a high fee Palace have commanded. Based on the Zaha transfer, I expect him back at Palace in 18 months and we’ll buy him back for a third of the original fee.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!