Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • That is Bury gone.
    Bolton have a 14 day extension.

Shameful.
  • Fucking disgusting.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Cocko I'm not in favour of it either, but it works on the continent. If it keeps the likes of bolton or bury alive then why not?

I’m not even sure I’d agree with the premise it “works” on the continent. Regardless of whether or not the Premiership is the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD or not, The Championship surely lays claim to being the best 2nd Tier in terms of competitiveness and attendance. I’m not sure about every B league on the continent, but the Spain’s 2nd and 3rd tier are jokes, as is whatever the fuck system Italy has. We’d be risking that and giving a bonus to an already roach and powerful premiership. I agree with wanting to help the likes of Bury and Bolton (and Coventry), and - in the past, the likes of Bournemouth and Southampton - but this ain’t the solution for me.

Plus, it solidifies power for the clubs big enough to fill their B-teams with up and coming players.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    In terms of attendance or money, I forget which Lg 1, is seventh or ninth in Europe, which is mental
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I'd say the Bundesliga 2 would be very close. Nothing official to hand, mind.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Found it, a mate sent it me a while back, chart somewhere down the page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42704713
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I'd say the Bundesliga 2 would be very close. Nothing official to hand, mind.

I'll admit I don't know as much about German football as I should. I'd imagine that's right, though - german football support is pretty cracking. So yeah, I can imagine BL2 being similar to the Championship.
  • Do they have B teams?
  • They have lots of teams that start with B
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • If anyone would like me to piss on the EFL headquarters tonight let me know.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    RE: Bury (local team, know a feew of the die hard supporters including one who went to every home and away match. His wife died 5 weeks ago, now the only other thing he lived for, its fucking ruined him):

It was all down to Day, the chairman before Dale. His 'businesses' basically lived on the spend big now, hope it pays off later kinda bulllshit that drives most things into the ground. He leveraged multiple loans against the club (with particular, fairly large sums of it going to a dodgy as fuck account for 'leveraging fees') to help his other business, then used whatever the fuck was left over to go batshit on wages. Leon fucking Clarke on about 9 grand a week in League Two, along with renting City's old training ground for no apparent reason. Then, obviously, Bury get about 7-10k max per match, unless its a rival. £20-25 a ticket. Running costs, wages, maintenance etc means they were fucked from the second he appeared.

His businesses collapsed, surprisingly, and he fucked off leaving the club with a fair few million of debt. Dale came in, lolled to fuck at the state of it, appointed Ryan Lowe (club legend) as manager who turned out to be actually fucking good at lower league management and got them promoted. Sold a couple of youngsters for decent sums to PL clubs, sold off Clarke to Sunderland for about 500k, and the debt just hoovered it all up. Dale himself is a shit tier businessman, 42 of his 51 companies have been lioquidated. He had fuck all in cash, and it crashed and burned.

The EFL has to be held accountable for their process of determining owners, which is basically 'do you have money matey?' - 'aye sure defo pal' - 'its yours lol', but the club has been fucked ever since Day took over. It was inevitable.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I've all the sympathy in the world for the fans and day to day staff. My team have been close and I live next door to Wimbledon FC so a lot of the guys in my locals are supporting a phoenix club. However anyone that describes Ryan Lowe as a legend ...  ...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lowe pisses all over Ted MacDougall
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lowe is a fucking coward, after a few minutes of gobbing off he bottled out of an actual stand up fight with Elphick then a few minutes later came steaming in on his blind-side with no intent other than hurting him. Fuck Lowe, I realise it's been six years maybe I should get over it, but I saw the measure of the man that afternoon. It wasn't straight anger, he'd stewed on it and picked his moment, cunt, coward, fuck him, however that takes nothing away from the empathy I feel towards Bury fans
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kinda like Mings stamping on Ibrahimovic's head, every player has moments. Mings at least had the decency to do it again when on loan at Villa though.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Kinda like Mings stamping on Ibrahimovic's head, every player has moments. Mings at least had the decency to do it again when on loan at Villa though.

To be fair he even booted his own lad on the face last week, so along with being consistent, he's indiscriminate. Whilst I genuinely believe that Mings Ibra stamp was unintentional, I was more annoyed that the PL didn't just be honest when they banned him and said something like, "Intent is difficult to prove, but this was live on telly in front of millions of kids and we have a responsibility to send a message to make sure they don't imitate you". As for Ryan, maybe that afternoon was completely out of character for him, I'm prepared to accept that it is, but that's the afternoon that'll live long in my memory
  • Chris Smalling to join AS Roma on loan. Fabrizio Romano (italy sky sports).
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Chris Smalling to join AS Roma on loan. Fabrizio Romano (italy sky sports).

But why?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Chris Smalling to join AS Roma on loan. Fabrizio Romano (italy sky sports).

But why?

Too many CBs at utd (7) and noone will buy rojo as Woodward is an idiot asking 25mil for him.

• No why would Roma want him
  • No why would Roma want him

They have been after a CB for a while and are now scrapping the bottom of the barrel
  • So Phil Jones has wormed his way into the woodwork?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Probably posted before, but new to me and well worth a read:

'Sweeper' by Steve Bruce. A Review - The Set Pieces

Glorious.
  • He wrote those fucking abominations when he was managing Hudds. Meanwhile we slid down the league and went into administration. Bruce is a cunt.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • That seems a bit unfair on Bruce. You only just missed out on the playoffs, then he was sacked 2 months into the new season. If you'd not lost to Birmingham on the last day, or if Palace hadn't beaten Stockport or Portsmouth hadn't beaten Barnsley, you'd have stayed up.
  • I am.never, ever going to read Bruce's piece of shit sleuth novel, which I have no doubt are utter trash and surely not worth writing in the first place.

But I simply cannot blame him for prioritising writing itnover managing Huddersfield
  • Well yeah, fair enough, it’s surely a far more rewarding endeavour.

He still left us in the shit with his overpaid shitty signings, which ultimately played a significant part into us going into administration.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I heard Poch is writing an inspirational "mind positivity" spiritual guide book, which is why we suck this season.
  • Some interesting match up in the champs league group stages

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!