Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Moot, would you sack ole? Do you think it would make a difference as the squad is so utterly bereft of quality.
  • You say that but Burnley beat you two nil so it’s not like quality is that important to win at OT.
  • The way I see it is who are you going to attract to the club with a manager whose best achievement is a decent run when caretaker.

It's not just wages that secure a player, if they are good enough they can go to any number of other clubs for the same. They need to be sold on a philosophy. It's about 3-5 years of a career that will run less than 20 years. Do they want to spend that time at a club in disarray with a manager who is very close to hitting his ceiling, a squad that are poor yet get new deals or want away and are uninterested in the club.

It has to be the people at the top that go for any meaningful change to happen.
  • Time for Ed to wheel out a massively overpriced new signing surely?
  • Fucking hell this post match Ole interview is pretty tragic.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I really don't see the logic in paying £30m for a 16 year old centre midfielder. He won't be ready to start games for us for fucking ages, surely. By the time he approaches world class (let's go with the fanciful notion that this happens) he'll be barely out of his teens and free to choose his next destination based on the highest wage bidder. I get investing in youth, but you've got to be vaguely sensible with it. He's not even sixteen and a half.
    According to duncan castles, Birmingham will sell to highest bidder with the caveat that the player remains with them for next 18 months. His parents want him to play regular first team football, so if utd or any other club bought him he would be a investment for the future. By all accounts, hes one of these "special talents" ala a teenage rooney, joe cole, etc. Been scouted by teams across europe so must be good.

That's a ridiculous clause and I can't see how any buying club would agree to it. End of current season perhaps but I'd want to be training him myself surrounded by better players and teaching him the way that I want him to play. Probably would loan him out next season as well but Birmingham might get a preferential destination clause but nothing more than that. 18 months is a long time, injury, money, loads of things can stall a players development, madness
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The way I see it is who are you going to attract to the club with a manager whose best achievement is a decent run when caretaker.

It's not just wages that secure a player, if they are good enough they can go to any number of other clubs for the same. They need to be sold on a philosophy. It's about 3-5 years of a career that will run less than 20 years. Do they want to spend that time at a club in disarray with a manager who is very close to hitting his ceiling, a squad that are poor yet get new deals or want away and are uninterested in the club.

It has to be the people at the top that go for any meaningful change to happen.

There does need change at top but it wont happen. Woodward is bulletproof with the owners. Short of a takeover we are stuck with our delusional ceo. As for who would want the job, utd wouldnt be short of applicants if they did sack ole (allegri, poch etc). i dont think they will thougg, ole get another season to continue the so called "cultural reboot" of the club.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Moot, would you sack ole? Do you think it would make a difference as the squad is so utterly bereft of quality.

Nah. The team only purrs with Pogba in it and the midfield only has a backbone with McTominay fit. Plus it needs both Rashford and Martial on the pitch to be considered much of a goal threat. If we'd had less key injuries we'd be 4th imo, but Poch could come in tomorrow and he'd still have to pick one or two starters from Periera, James, Mata and Lingard. A new manager could feasibly steer the team much further down the table with the players available.

I'd like to see Ole use James as an impact sub though, because his ineffectiveness is rapidly becoming annoying.

Basically, *SHRUG*. We need a couple of signings now to cling on the the faint glimmer of Europa League hope.
  • We couldnt get players with Jose Mourinho, so honestly I don't think it matters who the boss is. Players know we're a walking disaster, and even when they want to come our transfer policy is incompetent, and is run by a buffon.

Fergie held it together with sheer force of will, and was backed up by David Gill. The reaction of the Glazers to Jose getting second tells us everything. They dont care about anything beyond extracting value from the club and directing it to their pockets.
  • Woodward’s already said results on the pitch are no impediment to making money so I doubt anyone at the top of the club is that arsed as long as the money still rolls in (which it will).

MOTD on now by the way, United up first. Just saying.
  • #oleatthewheel

tumblr_me2j90mqbw1qg39ewo1_500.gif

(in before Larry)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Norwich play a system the sees them shine v the best but they are too shit to really defend v anyone with a tiny bit of quality.
  • You look at spurs and they’re parking the bus v the bottom team.

• Norwich had some good spells when they played us at Anfield at the start of the season.  I don't want to see Team Pukki go down :(
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Harry fucking Maguire, lads. Fuck me. And he's playing alongside Jones?
    e5KMttd.gif
  • Anyhoo, Rangers doing Rangers shit and being very lethargic at home against a team that just want to defend. Too many players just expecting something to happen and not actually doing it. God we look shite without Tavernier & Morelos. 3 points though. Hopefully a game against a honking Hearts will boost the ego.
  • Harry fucking Maguire, lads. Fuck me. And he's playing alongside Jones? 

I think the alternative to Jones is playing 10 men, which is a likely improvement.
  • Any no faff link for a stream of the game atm?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    inboxed
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    np
  • Wolves playing some really decent football.
  • Lovely bit of play that
  • Wolves and Leicester would round out an fun top 4 for me.
  • This could be the game where the wheels come off for Liverpool!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!