Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Wow, Chelsea utterly fucked this game. Should have killed it off.
    Martinelli is two for two.
  • Arsenals front four is ridiculous. Probably the most over resourced strike force in the league.
  • They are totally top heavy.
  • Lol Arsenal defence is shocking!
  • Feel a bit harsh on the offside on Abraham - gets as close as you can without touching it.
  • Chelsea are fucking shite.
  • Not sure how that Chelsea player who casually walks right in front of the cross wasn’t interfering with play.
  • My days!

Chelsea should have kicked that up the pitch and out when Tammy was down. It would have given him time and nullified the pressure Arsenal were putting on.

Stupid.
  • Blow the whistle, I’ve got 2-2 in the prediction league.
  • Abraham screaming he would have scored. Yes. But a mile offside.
  • Mount has been donkey for all of the game I’ve seen here.
  • Not a lot of point doing short corners if you cant place a ball.
  • David Luiz on the shitter
  • Ole’s mob are being kept in touching distance of fourth by the continual shitness of those above them.
  • Is this the worst Prem season for London clubs?
  • That was the worst Chelsea performance I’ve seen for a long time. Ironically looked better against 11. Unless something changes quickly, I’ll start making my mind up about Lampard. The team look clueless in possession and can’t seem to defend properly. That should’ve been 3-0 done and dusted. Instead we literally gave them a point.

Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi: the much vaunted youth look jaded yet arrogant, trying tricky things when they shouldn’t and not getting the basics right. Very disappointed, was looking forward to the game and it’s just been a waste of my evening.
  • Man not only did Newcastle score two goals in a minute where Everton were given possession the didn’t even run to grab the ball out the goal after the first goal.
  • Arsenal got a bit lucky with that slip there. Keown putting a dig in that Man U had martinelli. Jeeeez.
  • Fuck arteta stole everything but baldness in his look from pep.
  • Pickford was amazing at the end, accidentally backs into the post, then makes a save whilst stood miles behind his own goal line, then he boots the ball into the stands and starts screaming 'where was the defense?!'

It's a clip made for dubbing the Benny Hill music over the top of.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    While waving his little mackem T-Rex style arms about.
  • Just watched it again and I missed that the initial shot hit him in the face. Superb.
  • How in fucks name are we still top 4, never mind 6 points clear? Best league in the world my arse.
  • Crystal Palace are a funny team. Hold out away at Man City and scramble a draw and then be two goals down at home to Southampton. I imagine there’s a bit of backlash from the wolves game but still!

There’s was nothing funny about it. Possibly the worst 90 mins I’ve seen in nearly 20 years watching Palace, nudging our previous 2-1 and 0-1 defeats to ... erm ... Southampton. There’s something about that team. We can’t beat them at home. It was abject.

• Syph79 wrote:
    Crystal Palace are a funny team. Hold out away at Man City and scramble a draw and then be two goals down at home to Southampton. I imagine there’s a bit of backlash from the wolves game but still!

There’s was nothing funny about it. Possibly the worst 90 mins I’ve seen in nearly 20 years watching Palace, nudging our previous 2-1 and 0-1 defeats to ... erm ... Southampton. There’s something about that team. We can’t beat them at home. It was abject.

Sorry bud. We’re in good form at the mo, too, so I felt good even with Ings benched.

Despite how abject we were the first half of the season, all the way up to that 9-0 loss, I’m happy with how things are going. The players have shown a lot of bite and I’m delighted that the board didn’t get trigger happy and fire Ralph - he’s been brilliant for us and is 100% the right manager. Seems we finally have some semblance of stability back after several poor managerial signings.
  • I honesty couldn’t put my finger on what the difference was yesterday. Southampton seemed to win every 50/50 - but I don’t know whether that was them trying harder, a bit of luck, poor tactics from Palace, etc? Wasn’t fun to watch.
  • One thing that does happen is that teams that pull off a phenomenal result can often regress in the following game. I think part of it is that the being “up” for Man City and then playing Southampton at home is such a difference in intensity (as much as you want to convince yourself that every game is important yadda yadda yadda) that it can bring problems. I think these are often compounded with good results as well.

I fully expect arsenal to lose or draw in their next game because the nature of the result and who they were playing will be quite a lot less intense than whatever the next game holds.
  • We’re pressing much harder now - were very much back to Poch era tactics in terms of how we look to win the ball back and immediately move it forward. Players have gotten very aggressive and we have some proper arseholes in the team like Shane Long and Bertrand both of whom I absolutely love.

On top of that the team is just...confident.

Despite that, Saints actually have a poor squad. I like the current team members, sure, but this is deffo our weakest squad since promotion. We’re weaker in pretty much every single position than we were 5 years ago. We’re being held together by a good manager and a great team spirit. That’s about it.

In a couple of weeks we’ll have an inexplicably bad game while your lot will put in a shift against a big team and get a result. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, it seems.
  • I really like Palace, by the way. I felt the match was unusually testy. Quite possibly due to some recent results for both teams, some bad refereeing calls, and both teams having a couple of shitheels that love to wind people up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!