Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Spurs, it would be great if they can win the league.

Damn page turn
  • They’ll never win the league with purchases like Højbjerg.
  • I’m just hoping for a good game. Nothing is decided by a single match but there’s a lot in this one:

Mourinho returns to bridge as league leader
    Hasn’t beaten his most important player as manager in normal time
    1,000th Abramovich game
    Winner goes top
    Two best attacks in terms of goals scored
    London pride, IMO best London derby of recent years
    Etc

So, dour 0-0 then?
  • Absolutely. Our kick off is at 4pm against the might Falkirk in the prestigious Betfred Cup, come join us.
  • Chelsea have the best front foot attack while spurs have the best counter attack. I think also Spurs have proved lethal vs (traditionally) better sides this year while Chelsea haven’t. So I think Spurs are the favourites.
  • Hmm I’m casting my mind back to the Man Utd game where we stifled their counter (at the expense of our attacking game). I’m expecting more of same. Cagey, don’t lose attitude from both
  • If spurs win this one, I'll hate Mourinho a teeny bit less.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Hmm I’m casting my mind back to the Man Utd game where we stifled their counter (at the expense of our attacking game). I’m expecting more of same. Cagey, don’t lose attitude from both

That’s true. I think Chelsea have gained more confidence since then. I think that game was just after you let three goals against West Brom.

Of course even though I think Spurs are more likely to win it just can easily click a couple of times early doors and the game could be dead.

• Absolutely. Our kick off is at 4pm against the might Falkirk in the prestigious Betfred Cup, come join us.
    Think It’s 5pm mate. Was phoned at 9am this morning asking me to come and work on it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well well well Michelle

Gonna be a long day.
  • Prowsey with another good’un.
  • Wonderfully placed free kick. Never understand why most keepers stand to the left, it just seems to be inviting a right footed set piece taker to put it exactly where they want.
  • Here’s a paradoxical thought for you cint:

You can’t get to the top of the table unless you sell a player like Hojlberg!!

Prowse is in a magical form at free kicks. When Soton were beating villa 4-0 or whatever the difference purely seemed to be the amazing free kicks.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Wonderfully placed free kick. Never understand why most keepers stand to the left, it just seems to be inviting a right footed set piece taker to put it exactly where they want.

The wall is supposed to take care of one side and the goalie the other is the logic.
  • But from that distance the best strikes go over the wall and dip under the crossbar.

Edit: if you look at Prowse lining up to hit it you know exactly where it'll go if it flies in. It just strikes me as a 'go on then', which is a dangerous game against one of the best in the league.
  • Here’s a paradoxical thought for you cint:

You can’t get to the top of the table unless you sell a player like Hojlberg!!

Prowse is in a magical form at free kicks. When Soton were beating villa 4-0 or whatever the difference purely seemed to be the amazing free kicks.

We would have kept Højbjerg in a heartbeat but he wanted to leave and we had the numbers there. Improvement has finally been having a really clear and effective tactical setup, a functional defence again, and improvement of certain players (Armstrong / Prowsey etc) under Ralph.

But yeah, I take the point.
  • Worth noting that Prowsey has always been a great dead ball player, but for too many years he wasn’t worth playing from the start because his open play wasn’t the best. The team was generally weaker with him in it. That’s now changed, and his stats are starting to reflect that.
  • I really think they need to give ole until Christmas.

Or just after Christmas.
  • Pretty sure the backpages for tomorrows papers will be dominated by the crash in the f1 race just now (see f1 thread), rather than football headlines. It will be on the news as well no doubt. In 30 odd years of f1 ive never seen a car chopped in half and fuel tank explode. Grosjean the driver is lucky to have gotten out of that crash.
  • Ole is safe because he doesn't kick up a stink about Woodward.
    Get someone else in and they will start making demands like signing appopriate, quality players.
  • Man U deserved a goal imo.
  • The early kickoff time isn’t So much about the 2.5 hours less it’s about sleep. Given they play Wednesday every hour for recovery makes a difference and sleep is particularly important for recovery.
    GT: Knight640
  • Man U deserved a goal imo.

Aye - Fernandes is absolute quality.
  • Knight wrote:
    The early kickoff time isn’t So much about the 2.5 hours less it’s about sleep. Given they play Wednesday every hour for recovery makes a difference and sleep is particularly important for recovery.

Go to bed early. It's a nonsense excuse.
  • Nice reactions from Cavani there. He's been giving the ball away lots in this second half but that was decent.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I dont think it’s as easy as “sleep earlier”. these players are up until 4am on late March days because they red bull them up to peak during the match plus the flight home and so on.  

It’s a fairly consistent complaint (I think ole did the same last year) from the European playing teams. It’s not like there’s that much advantage gained from just playing the normal time games.
  • Comeback complete, another great header from Cavani!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Phewf
  • I'd have taken a point away from home to Southampton so thats a decent result.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!