The completely knackered from just watching it Olympic thread
  • n0face wrote:
    How did the Chinese woman just beat the world record time trial but come second.

Also, there were multiple categories competing at the same time, so there was some sort of conversion system to points, hence the WR in 2nd.
  • Unbelievably brilliant night last night. Pistorious beaten in the 200m and gold for Team GB's David Weir in the 5000m. Stadium exploded when he went over the line.

MAGIC

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Weir going again this morning.

sweet

g.man
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Nothing beats the feeling of being in that stadium. Best atmosphere I have ever witnessed at a sporting event.
  • Amused at the Pistorius blade length complaint reaction from the public. 

OMG HE ARE SUPER BAD LOSER BOOO OSCAR, etc.

Despite the fact that when he himself first 'emerged' onto the scene and started winning there were numerous complaints made about him from the other athletes about blade lengthening. But no one seems to be able to remember that.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Amused at the Pistorius blade length complaint reaction from the public.  OMG HE ARE SUPER BAD LOSER BOOO OSCAR, etc. Despite the fact that when he himself first 'emerged' onto the scene and started winning there were numerous complaints made about him from the other athletes about blade lengthening. But no one seems to be able to remember that.

He should probably have known better then.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Amused at the Pistorius blade length complaint reaction from the public.  OMG HE ARE SUPER BAD LOSER BOOO OSCAR, etc. Despite the fact that when he himself first 'emerged' onto the scene and started winning there were numerous complaints made about him from the other athletes about blade lengthening. But no one seems to be able to remember that.
    He should probably have known better then.
    Exactly.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • all in all, I spent the weekend watching nothing much else. 
    really enjoyable TV tbh as well. 

And trying to look out for G.man behind his camera.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • They played Don't Stop Me Now by Queen before Weir's medal ceremony for the 5000m today. 80,000 people all singing along. Then when he came out for his medal the entire stadium was vibrating with the thunderous noise of the applause.

breathtaking

g.man
  • Pistorius showed a huge lack of class, Roujin. To have issues about the equipment being used is absolutely fine, to go crying about it to all and sundry, and in doing so diminishing a wonderful achievement for another athlete, straight after the race has finished is not very good behaviour.
  • Sounds like he's getting a bit too big for his blades...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • It's a strange one because in the 'main' 100m Bolt has a much larger stride pattern than the majority of the field because he's unusually tall for a sprinter, something that's previously been considered a disadvantage. Has the other guy got blades that are out of proportion to the rest of him?
  • Webbins wrote:
    Sounds like he's getting a bit too big for his blades...
    We automatically presume anyone with a disability is a nice person.
    Disabled people can be tossers too.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • adored wrote:
    It's a strange one because in the 'main' 100m Bolt has a much larger stride pattern than the majority of the field because he's unusually tall for a sprinter, something that's previously been considered a disadvantage. Has the other guy got blades that are out of proportion to the rest of him?
    They use a formula that considers height in calculating the length of the blade for each individual. Ol' pissy pants would seem to think his inclusion in the 'able- bodied' Olympics gives him the devine right to boss the Paras. It wasn't that long ago that the same accusations of the blades giving him a... *cough* leg up, were levelled at him.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Fuck him then, height was generally considered a disadvantage to sprinters until Bolt changed everything. If he'd equalled his PB in the final he'd have got the gold, just a mardy cunt.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    adored wrote:
    It's a strange one because in the 'main' 100m Bolt has a much larger stride pattern than the majority of the field because he's unusually tall for a sprinter, something that's previously been considered a disadvantage. Has the other guy got blades that are out of proportion to the rest of him?
    I've heard that Bolt also has 1 leg shorter than the other one and a curved spine.

He's still a fucking speed demon.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently the complaining guy had to have shorter blades to participate in the main Olympics. He was allowed to have longer blades in the Paralympics than he had.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Does that make him eligible for the Paralympics?

Edit: Bolt, move ere.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Sounds like he's getting a bit too big for his blades...
    We automatically presume anyone with a disability is a nice person. Disabled people can be tossers too.

The profile of the tennis star that C4 ran a few weeks before the games showed us such a person.
    ERE wrote:
    Apparently the complaining guy had to have shorter blades to participate in the main Olympics. He was allowed to have longer blades in the Paralympics than he had.

I thought the stipulation of him competing in the olympics meant he'd have to compete with the same credentials in both that and these competitions. If he hadn't of accepted this clause he wouldn't be able to race in the olympics but he would've been able to use his full credentials in the paralympics.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Awesome sauce - going viral!
  • One legged high jump. Wow. Amazing stuff. You cover any of that G?
  • Non disabled people can be cunts too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Non disabled people can be cunts too.
    I'm pretty sure it's only disabled people.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • WorKid wrote:
    One legged high jump. Wow. Amazing stuff. You cover any of that G?
    Yup, did some of that.

incredible

g.man
  • Today I've seen blind men doing the long jump and blind football.

incredible

g.man
  • I just can't get on with blind football.  However hard I try to enjoy it, it's just a bunch of people who can't see, fumbling a ball from end to end.  Their ability to navigate and find and control the ball is mightily impressive, but I struggle to find it entertaining as a spectator sport.
  • I'm not proud of it but I watched the blind football in the hope I was going to see the players randomly blootering the ball about into other player's nuts.  So I'm a bit disappointed.

Impressed with effort and ability though no doubt.  Was thinking how timid a game it would be if it were fully sighted folk with blindfolds.  I'd be hiding in a corner.
  • Unbelievable night of Team GB awesomeness in the stadium tonight.

tears were shed

g.man

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!