Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I think it’s fun we’re seeing demonstrated in real-time that excessive interconnectivity and multiverses are commercial poison for superhero stuff and yet the comics industry will take away absolutely nothing from this.
    I'm sure I've said this before but I'd still be reading Marvel comics regularly if they'd let me just pick a title or two and get complete stories. The title hopping and need to keep up with the wider context finished me off. X-Men is absolutely inpenetratable to a casual reader.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm genuinely excited for this. Love Deadpool and love the multiverse stuff.

Just watched the trailer. Yep looks good fun and don’t care if it’s Reynolds being Reynolds cos I like Reynolds being Reynolds, clearly if your don’t like Reynolds being Reynolds then you’re not going to like more Reynolds being Reynolds.
  • Yep
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • monkey wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I think it’s fun we’re seeing demonstrated in real-time that excessive interconnectivity and multiverses are commercial poison for superhero stuff and yet the comics industry will take away absolutely nothing from this.
    I'm sure I've said this before but I'd still be reading Marvel comics regularly if they'd let me just pick a title or two and get complete stories. The title hopping and need to keep up with the wider context finished me off. X-Men is absolutely inpenetratable to a casual reader.

Yep X titles have been a joke for a long time now. About 7 or 8 titles, all interconnected. The stories might be good, but I'm not buying that many to read them.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm genuinely excited for this. Love Deadpool and love the multiverse stuff.

Just watched the trailer. Yep looks good fun and don’t care if it’s Reynolds being Reynolds cos I like Reynolds being Reynolds, clearly if your don’t like Reynolds being Reynolds then you’re not going to like more Reynolds being Reynolds.

Yes.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I like his shtick as well, I just wish he took some real acting gigs every now and then. He's made some great stuff in the past where he's shown he has range. Just seems a waste to do the same thing every film now.
  • There's no lower form of internet user than someone who points and laughs at Rotten Tomatoes scores.
    On the other hand lol look at this
    abgOmXx.png
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    From Rolling Stone:
    Well, having now seen this tangled-up I.P. gossamer first-hand, we can say that Madame Web isn’t as bad as its somewhat botched promotional campaign might suggest. It is, in fact, way worse. A genuine Chernobyl-level disaster that seems to get exponentially more radioactive as it goes along, this detour to one of the dustier corners of Marvel’s content farm is a dead-end from start to finish. It is the Cats: The Movie of superhero movies. Not a single decision seems of sound mind. Not a single performance feels in sync with the material. Not a single line reading feels as if it hasn’t somehow been magically auto-tuned to subtract emotion and/or inflection. The sole amazing factor of this Spider-spinoff is that someone, somewhere signed off on actually releasing it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Sounds amazing!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is this a proper Marvel thing or one of the Venom/Carnage/Morbius things?
  • There's Kraven the Hunter and Tom Hardy's contractually obligated Venom 3 to look forward to this year as well.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They've got Kraven coming too haven't they?

I'm assuming they're profitable and low effort
  • It's part of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Movies, or SPUMM for short.

apparently
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Miles Morales films are head and shoulders above this wank. Wish they'd been given all of these instead of whoever is botching them now
  • g.man wrote:
    It's part of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Movies, or SPUMM for short.

apparently

I still find the Spumm thing funny.

I am hoping the kraven movie is not shit though - the director is much better than this type of thing (j.c. chandor - director of margin call, all is lost and a most violent year)

SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It's part of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Movies, or SPUMM for short.

apparently
    They essentially have to keep making films with the license or it goes up for grabs. Hence banter town
  • Nah, that Kraven movie looks like another absolute dud.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    It's part of the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Movies, or SPUMM for short. apparently
    They essentially have to keep making films with the license or it goes up for grabs. Hence banter town
    I thought that might be the case. Saw a trailer for that Madame Web thingy and it looked as if it was shot on an iPhone.
  • Marvel must be raging at the stink these films pile onto the MCU with general audiences who don't care enough to know the difference. Just adds to the fatigue as they try and turn around perception on the MCU.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The stink of Spumm
  • Who is in charge of the Sony Spider-verse? It absolutely baffles me what they are doing.

I could do a better job drunk.
  • If you thought Madame Webb might be the bottom of the barrel you're a damned fool!
    A’Sai
    Spoiler:
  • Who is in charge of the Sony Spider-verse? It absolutely baffles me what they are doing.

I could do a better job drunk.
    I suspect it’s an AI powered by a pile of old PS3s
  • LivDiv wrote:
    If you thought Madame Webb might be the bottom of the barrel you're a damned fool! 

Big Man (I) a.k.a. Mr. Big / Frederick Foswell
    Fuckin' A

Enforcers.png
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    You’d think Marvel could sue for damaging their brand, to get the rights back, but then their recent output hasn’t been much better.
    Things can only get better.
  • I like how everyone is talking about Big Man and ignoring Little Jazz Hands Man, Lasso Man and A Man Made of Metal.

Big Man is the least interesting man in that image.
  • Plot twist. Man Made of Metal is Big Man!
  • Or he could be Bigman.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The metal man is the Big Man. You've been tricked into thinking it's a nickname based on physical size, and not importance! Your big man is called The Ox.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!