Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Vikings are post-apocalyptic Greeks.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    a galaxy-spanning RPG that knocks the skeletal remains of Mass Effect into a cocked hat.
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Bethesda
    Lol.

Wut? I was merely trying to state that now with the Mass Effect franchise essentially dead, it'd be nice if Bethesda's new rumoured 'Starfield' IP turns out to be the grand space opera of an RPG that everyone hoped Bioware could deliver with the last ME game, but didn't. I fookin love Bethesda me.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Rumours of a full Death Stranding reveal...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • What do we know about the Scorpio?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • What do we know about the Scorpio?

It has no gaemz
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What do we know about the Scorpio?
    Pretty much everything except price, launch date, final design and software support.
  • I been thinking about the possibility of it being the 4th XBox instead of the Pro to the PS4.

This November marks 4 years since the XOne released and they have a history of jumping ship to get a head start on Sony.

The 360 released 4 years to the month after the OG XBox and cut its life short at 24m sold. Current estimates put XOne around the 30m mark.

Is this a real possibility? I can't see a simple XOne Pro improving it's fortunes enough to topple the PS4.

I understand that you don't have to be no.1 to be successful but I just wonder if MS are willing to repeat the past, especially considering that move created their widely successful 360.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They've been pretty clear about it being a more powerful Bone, that won't change. Beyond that, with back compat and whatnot, they probably won't be cutting off the Bone entirely.
  • But that would mean that the Scorpio would only play Scorpio games; a whole new generation Console?  Nah, they've always indicated that that Scorpio intends to out Pro the Pro,  period.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • So will all games play on the XOne like the PS4/Pro situation or is it gonna be a new3DS situation with exclusive games?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Rumours of a full Death Stranding reveal...

First episode, then.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    But that would mean that the Scorpio would only play Scorpio games; a whole new generation Console?  Nah, they've always indicated that that Scorpio intends to out Pro the Pro,  period.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

The Pro didn't exactly sell gangbusters, apparently 1 in 4 PS4s sold are Pros but it's hard to tell if that's an additional sale or whether that sale would simply have been a standard system otherwise.

I can't see an XBox Pro being anymore successful, I just don't see the point. A new system kicking off a new Gen like they did with the 360 on the other hand might.

What's the power like? Does it read like a potential full upgrade or just incremental?

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So will all games play on the XOne like the PS4/Pro situation or is it gonna be a new3DS situation with exclusive games?

Everything they've said suggests it'll be a Pro situation, having the same (if updated) processor means that some are suggesting that it would be tough to do anything beyond shinier shinies.

One thing it does have going for it is it will boost all games that run on it (slightly at least) without needing any sort of update.

• Yossarian wrote:
    So will all games play on the XOne like the PS4/Pro situation or is it gonna be a new3DS situation with exclusive games?

Everything they've said suggests it'll be a Pro situation, having the same (if updated) processor means that some are suggesting that it would be tough to do anything beyond shinier shinies.

One thing it does have going for it is it will boost all games that run on it (slightly at least) without needing any sort of update.

Cool, that pretty much answers my question above your post.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • There was good Digital Foundry speculation vid not long ago with a solid reckon that the Scorpio will primarily be there to push currently existing and upcoming Xbox One games to 4k 30FPS.

The ageing CPU architecture will limit the possibility of a stable 60FPS for many games sadly.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think that'll depend on the game, really. That Forza demo is at 60fps, any games that are currently aiming for and struggling to reach 60fps should now be able to.

If a game has been designed for 30fps, Scorpio won't increase the frame rate, if it's been designed for 60, Scorpio should provide more power to hit that.
  • The ageing CPU architecture will limit the possibility of a stable 60FPS for many games sadly.

And therein lies the folly of these 'Pro' machines. Wasn't it the PS4 Pro recently that was having difficulities running Prey at a decent framerate? They're designed to run stuff at 4K these new wave of not-next-gen-but-better-than-current-gen machines, but don't most of us want games that don't chug anymore at 30fps too? I want an end to all this chugging. Give me a machine that banishes chug. Just like we got rid of colour clash eventually, let's consign chugging to the trash bin of gaming tech deficiencies.

• Scorpio will apparently support Freesync which will be great for those games that hover from 40-60. Will involve getting a new TV that supports it, unless firmware updates can add the adaptive sync functionality (don't know if that's a thing).
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    The ageing CPU architecture will limit the possibility of a stable 60FPS for many games sadly.
    And therein lies the folly of these 'Pro' machines. Wasn't it the PS4 Pro recently that was having difficulities running Prey at a decent framerate? They're designed to run stuff at 4K these new wave of not-next-gen-but-better-than-current-gen machines, but don't most of us want games that don't chug anymore at 30fps too? I want an end to all this chugging. Give me a machine that banishes chug. Just like we got rid of colour clash eventually, let's consign chugging to the trash bin of gaming tech deficiencies.
    They'll always chug.
    Because devs will go 'ooh we can get rid of chug.... but if we just up the p's here... oh dear, chug.'
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So Sony is 2am next Tuesday?

FFS I'LL MISS IT WTF
  • Meh, it'll just be a Knack 2 reveal. dont sweat it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Ive not kept up with the thread. Any rumors of TLOU2 stuff?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Scorpio will apparently support Freesync which will be great for those games that hover from 40-60. Will involve getting a new TV that supports it, unless firmware updates can add the adaptive sync functionality (don't know if that's a thing).

Yeah, this should greatly reduce the impact of chugging on gameplay to the point where in most cases it will be unnoticeable.
  • Just gimme player unknown on Sunday and am done.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I remember the olden days when chugging was a good thing that Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends did.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Of all of gaming's 'tech deficiencies' chugging has never bothered me to much.

The one I always hated was pop-up, it was horrific in the early 3D days.

What others are there? Slowdown, screen tearing...
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd have thought chugging and slowdown are the same, no?

Anyway, Scorpio plus compatible TV should eliminate two or three out of those 4 (not popup, obvs).
  • What about shit games, can it eliminate those? They bother me more than the things Retro mentioned.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I'd have thought chugging and slowdown are the same, no?

Yeah pretty much. I actually said slowdown in front of my nephews a few months ago and they asked me what I was on about. Young pricks.

I guess the only difference is slowdown doesn't skip frames, chugging jumps ahead to try and keep the action in real time.

In that respect I think chugging is worse, but then again when I first encountered slowdown I thought it was a sort of slow motion because of the epicness of the action in a Matrix kinda way... I was about 8 tbf.

It's definitely the same thing kinda problem though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No, it can't eliminate dead legs from sitting in an awkward position for too long either. Or war and famine.

Edit: DD.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!