Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's no wonder he's reluctant to pay Peter, he's only shown up for work for about 5 minutes in 4 days.
  • Aye, but every time he does he almost immediately solves whatever problem the Doc is having.

As clever as the Doc is, I assume he's very good a mini-games.
  • AJ wrote:
    The suits are necessary, though I'd like them in a wardrobe like in Amazing Spider-Man 2 or something. I need tangible things to show my progress...
    ]

Fair enough lets keep suits.

It could be just me as I felt the same about God of War.. to many systems in play makes me worry I missing things.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't like having to pick out which suit mods I'm using, I'd prefer it if they'll just had stats which increased or something.
  • It's a bit ridiculous how many currencies and upgrade trees there are.. I can see why they've done it.. but my personal preference would be for something more streamlined.

I mean I've been attempting the hideouts and repeatedly getting my ass kicked on final wave and having to start over and getting annoyed only to find I might as well have waited until I got another three or more gadgets taht are clearly going to make it easier to clear.

I don't like the health system either..
    The Forum Herald™
  • What's so bad about the health system? I think it's pretty good, balancing restoring your health against using finishers.
  • It doesn't seem to fill up outside of combat and there's not enough of it early doors.. the rabble can be so chaotic that it's easy to lose a big chunk that I can't recover from.

It's also possible that I'm not very good at games. I'm ridiculously bad at anything that needs reaction time i.e. the dodging because by the time I've registered teh visual clue it's too late and I've been hit.. and Unlike batman you can't muscle it out.

It's getting easier now I've unlocked more stuff and turned the difficulty down.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, I suck too. Turning the difficulty down was something I did pretty early on and I'm still regularly getting my arse handed to me. One thing I'm finding useful is focusing on the dodge as he main move in combat and everything else as secondary.

I think that if you swing well, it fills up the focus meter; I regularly get "focus meter full" messages when chipping about after a battle. There are upgrades that let you fill it from stealth takedowns, gadget use etc. too.
  • Yeah and I'm wearing the suit that gives increased focus.. but when there's twenty guys beating down on you and your getting rockets fired at you regularly and some massive guy.. and then I've got to check with L1 whether I've got the right web/gadget..

But the
    Spoiler:

I've just unlocked make it easier.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You can see in the top right which gadget you're using...

There are skill upgrades for extra focus, too.

After a couple of upgrades, I'm finding the standard web pretty useful because it recharges so quickly. Just learn how many hits it takes to web up the different enemy types and don't waste it.
  • I've fully upgraded teh standard web,

it's just a bit busy for my liking.. I think Batman was a little slower and gave you a little more time to focus on crowd control and this seems to just have to many projectile weapons being lobbed at you all the time and most of the red triangle icons don't give me a lot of chance for stealth either.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It is a hell of a lot more hectic than Batman and is all a bit of a mess when busy. It's kind of annoying because you'll often have to dodge something else while waiting for the right time to perfect dodge a certain guy, or you'll dodge someone close to you who's a beat away from hitting you still when what you wanted to do was a perfect dodge on an incoming shot.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I MUCH prefer this to any Batmap game.
  • I think Arkham Asylum (so far at least) is still the best game in the genre.. it's very metroidvania-ry.. and while that wouldn't suit Spiderman it's almost pefect.

This has an awful lot going for it and I might change my mind by the end .. I just hate struggling early doors before becoming over powered towards the end. It should clearly be the other way round.. but I'm nitpicking really. It's a good game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Managed to get another decent session on this last night.  Swinging around just doesn't get old at all.  Whereas some of the crime missions certainly do.  ("What's that?  A kidnapping?  Is he in the boot do you think?")

Having said that, I've gone from hating to the combat to loving it.  The range of moves that opens up relatively early on changes the whole feel of it.
    Spoiler:
    I've barely bothered with the gadgets beyond the standard web shooter yet, partly because of a lack of imagination on my part, and partly because I feel like there's a certain purity to sticking with the shooters.  (I don't really approve of Spider-Man having a veritable bat belt of toys.)

Also, I don't think anyone's mentioned the cameo yet.  I liked it, it was kind of sweet.
  • It looked like there was a hell of a lot of work that had gone into it for a very short amount of screen time.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Also, I don't think anyone's mentioned the cameo yet.  I liked it, it was kind of sweet.

If you mean
    Spoiler:

I did pages ago.

All the back packs and all the photo ops..  Certainly the gadgets help with hideouts.. Managed one relatively easily with all the toys.
    The Forum Herald™
  • AJ wrote:
    It looked like there was a hell of a lot of work that had gone into it for a very short amount of screen time.

Yeah, though I guess if you're going to do it, you should do it properly. 
    Spoiler:
    Bob wrote:
    tin_robot wrote:
    If you mean
    Spoiler:
    I did pages ago.

Sorry Bob, missed it.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Sorry Bob, missed it.

No worries. It was a fair few pages ago and I don't think anyone commented on it anyway.. i maybe over spoiler adverse at such an early stage.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You (we?) have been spoilering things that are readily available in the menus. ;)
  • Can't be to careful around these parts..
    The Forum Herald™
  • AJ wrote:
    menus.

SPOILER FFS
  • Could be worse, I could have mentioned
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Im about to shove another 6 hours in. Let's do some collectibles
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm at 75%. I was trying to keep on top of collectibles but they just kept appearing so I've been alternating them with the story. Unlocked all types and OMG they're everywhere.

There's some really cool story missions...
  • I tell you what pisses me off the most about the movement: the fact you can't go straight from zip to point into free run.
  • I see the official hashtag has a little Spidey icon on Twitter. Wonder how much that costs.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Well, that's out of my price range then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!