regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've done it, swapped it for DQ11, but I am pretty sure someone else was also doing it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's good btw.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I was going to, but I'm gonna send it my cousins way once Elliot has got bored of swinging about the city.
  • How the hell has it taken me this long to realise that you basically don't let go of R2 when moving?
  • Errrr... yeah it’s like assassins creed in that respect. You can keep running, doing flips/wall runs etc if you touch the ground/rooftop too, it’s also cool when you spiral through a metal structure or fire escape stair or something.

I love that you can also you press X at the top of a swing to gain big air, or just let go of R2/press R2 again to keep up speed and momentum without gaining height. Means you can either zooooom or just start flinging yourself around.

• Nah, you do kinda need to release r2 quite a bit.  It improves variation in motion at least.  

It’s a really good game isn’t it?  I love the fight rooms (building sites, warehouses and the likes) but by god the story is bloody great.  Kinda too good for an open worlder tbh and Spidey himself is ace.
  • I've done 52% of this in six days. I've never done that before for any game. My missus is even happy to watch me playing this. It's just fun. And knowing it's not a 200 hour epic is a nice bonus too.
    Peter3C
  • love that you can also you press X at the top of a swing to gain big air, or just let go of R2/press R2 again to keep up speed and momentum without gaining height. Means you can either zooooom or just start flinging yourself around.

You can press X at the bottom of a swing, to. It's set up so that the web only shoots when you're falling, so you can get s fair clip up just holding R and tapping X.
  • It's an odd one this. 
    It's very good and I'm enjoying it but it's doing literally nothing new at all.
    But what it is doing it's doing very well. 

And for that, for me, it's not classic.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Doing things new is over rated

It does everything that it does very well and that’s some times enough
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    It's an odd one this. 
    It's very good and I'm enjoying it but it's doing literally nothing new at all.
    But what it is doing it's doing very well. 

And for that, for me, it's not classic.

I'm not sure what's fair. In terms of traversing through an open world, if you're doing it "properly" it's one of the most involved things I've ever played. If you're really good and zipping through it you're hitting combos and possibly also tricks. For that, it's new in that it makes open world more involving than just pointing in a direction.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm enjoying this but I'm also trying to get through it fast and get shot of it. It's not something I need to collect everything on, or even anything on. There's too much junk on the map.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    See my review - go straight to yellow points to enjoy it best.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was happy which to take some photos of landmarks etc but now tons of other stuff has appeared and it's just no.
  • Finished the story mode on this earlier today. Absolutely brilliant story mode overall. Had a bit of a dip in the middle but ended ridiculously strongly and I just loved it. Absolutely loved it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Kow wrote:
    I was happy which to take some photos of landmarks etc but now tons of other stuff has appeared and it's just no.
    Also the blue marked side missions are quality stuff
    The Forum Herald™
  • Three more gold challenges and I've got my first platinum.

Once it clicks, the movement isn't in any way about web placement, which is what was irking me at the beginning. It's more about planning the route and knowing what buttons the engine expects you to press when. It's almost like a quicktime sequence when you get going.
  • And that's the platinum. I'm playing on easy and the challenges are pitched just right for me, I can see myself coming back for gold on so of them. Exceptionally well balanced game all over, a spectacular rendition of the standard Spider-Man formula.

Amusingly, the zip-to; dodge; uppercut; swing-kick combo has been carried over from Spider-Man 2 as a particularly effective standard on base enemies.
  • I never thought I'd feel this way early in the game, but I'm actually hoping there'll be more challenges with the DLC.

They made a feature of the building sites, as Fisk bases. I can totally set the sequels add buildings With taking out Fisk being the first thing you do, I can see it building up for a final showdown with him in the third episode, these building sites having become skyscraper fortresses.

With the success of the game, is imagine Sony will be eager to get another game out quickly so, we could see a spin-off made by another developer while Insomniac work on the proper sequel. I'd really like to see the engine licensed using the comic book style they've got working so well, with a different take on the mechanics.
  • Sony dont really do that though.
  • It goes without saying though that if you are desperate for a Spider-Man style experience whilst waiting for the inevitable sequel then playing Sunset Overdrive is an absolute must.

Although it is dependent on having an Xbox One, it is a wonderful game and so similar in many ways to spidey.

I have just got the dlc for it so that will keep me going till the Spidey dlc.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    WHO THE FUCK
    Spoiler:
  • Woke-man.

I'm about 82% of the way in now and it's got extremely fighty.
    And it's even more like playing Prototype than it was before.
    I should've heeded the advice on here and just ploughed through the story missions and then hoovered everything else up at my leisure, but no, I have been doing the extras along the way for fear of missing out on a great suit/ability.
  • Done. 
    Pretty good - way too many 'other' sneaky sections of gameplay. And it was guilty of too much escalation in the end game. And I hated the final boss fight but it was incredibly well put together. 
    I'm a bit played out and I can't be arsed mopping up the final bits so it's being traded in soonest.
  • Just finished this with 85% completion rate which is probably the highest completion rate I'll ever get or want for any game. Had a blast with this. True triple A fun and personally I'd take it over God of War any day.
    Peter3C
  • Aye, it's good enough that I've got 100% and started again on a harder difficulty. But then I'm a sucker for Spider-Man games.

Anyone know if you get anything for completely finishing it, all the challenges gold and everything?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!