Spider-Man
  • Soooooo...

... I started this today. I have a shit load of games to play & this Xmas landed 3 more on my lap. If I play this game on easy, a first for me(but tbh, this gaming year has been different to the previous 30 odd years) , can I upgrade to a suitable story completion level without chasing shit bagpack stuff down outside the main story or should I hunt a few tings down?

Thanks in advance badgers.
  • Yeah pretty sure the story stuff happens separate to that. There's moments where it doesn't put a story mission on the map and says "better go help the city" but then the story mission generally pops up like 5 mins later.
    You should be able to mainline it. The story missions give you a lot of experience to upgrade as well.
  • Thanks Shabby.
  • Starting to enjoy the combat slightly more now theres more options unlocked. Can see it becoming a bit dizzying later (much like Arkham did) though.

Traversal, now I'm not spamming R2, is a delight. Although my OCD with icons is going mental. Gotta clear all backpacks, crimes and landmarks before I can move on through an area. What really annoys is hearing an orchestra starting and stopping every bloody minute. I'd really like to turn that off, or have the option for continuous music.

I also see I've not even scratched the surface of "stuff" to collect in each area. Oh joy.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I ignored the gadgets completely as they didn't really fit with my idea of Spider-Man. In the end there were too many moves and combos for me to remember so I stuck with a few basic ones and pummeled away to the end of the story. Got almost no collectibles etc.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Soooooo...

... I started this today. I have a shit load of games to play & this Xmas landed 3 more on my lap. If I play this game on easy, a first for me(but tbh, this gaming year has been different to the previous 30 odd years) , can I upgrade to a suitable story completion level without chasing shit bagpack stuff down outside the main story or should I hunt a few tings down?

Thanks in advance badgers.
    Just to add to shabby’s thing, backpacks, landmarks and general collectibles are not needed at all. You’ll get a decent suit and combat powers just from story stuff. The one thing outside of the story that is worthwhile is the Hideouts. These are like the Arkham challenge rooms and, for my money, are some of the best bits.

• Oh yeah, it's probably too late now, but the two things I wish I'd realised sooner when I started playing:

Never release R2 when moving unless you're trying to go slowly because you're keeping level with a car or just out for a leisurely swing for the fun of it.

In combat, dodging is as important as, if not more important than, hitting people. Dodging in the middle of a combo does not break your chain.
  • So this is pretty damn good. Enjoyed the time I've played so far, not that much into it but am currently liking collecting back packs and landmarks. If they weren't highlighted on the map I wouldn't bother, but as they are I'm getting them - until I get fed up.

Combat I've got the hang of now. Like AJ said dodging is key and doesn't break the combo which is great. Am loving webbing people up to various things. So far, brilliant
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • SpUg0dO.jpg

Spider selfie.

• i have severe open world fatigue but i loved the shit out of this. 

any fans of spider-man 2 notice this little nod? :)

2tqt6bh6qtk11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=d667e2fd9484f65ad8cf9c43addba97847d6a6c2
  • News is there's some Fantastic Four thing coming soon, though no word on what it is exactly.
  • This hit its nadir yesterday with some pretty shitty Mission design
    The Forum Herald™
  • Baxter Building is the rumour
  • Well, there are plenty of building sites.
  • Unlocked the challenges stuff earlier... Ooof that's some side content I may skip. Drone challenge is terrrrrrrrible. All other side content I've 100% done as soon as available but this... Hmm.
  • Drone challenge isn't terrible, it's for people who are good at the swinging.
  • AJ wrote:
    Drone challenge isn't terrible, it's for people who are good at the swinging.

Oh like that is it AJ

• I’m on team Matty here.
  • Yeah they're terrible.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    All other side content I've 100% done as soon as available

Same. Fatigue starting to creep in though.
  • It's a funny old thing, personal taste and whatnot. I've been ignoring Spiderman in favour of RDR2...despite the fact that mechanically and structurally i prefer spiderman. It's a much more 'fun' game to play. Yet I keep going back to RDR2, trundling around on a horse listening to gruff cowboys waffle on about shite.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • MattyJ wrote:
    All other side content I've 100% done as soon as available
    Same. Fatigue starting to creep in though.

Me too.. There's almost too much different stuff. I'd of preffered more back packs.. rather than extra different shit.

I really want to get the story finished.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've started skipping cutscenes. The characters just annoy me.

The amazing traversal gameplay covers pretty much every crack this game has for me.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Drone challenge isn't terrible, it's for people who are good at the swinging.

Oh like that is it AJ
    Yeah they're terrible.
    Yeah they're terrible.

This must be how Dark Souls fans feel when people complain it's rubbish.
  • The ones I don't like is when all of a sudden Wave 2 comes in and they're all blessed with incredible eyes and ears and know exactly where I am from the moment they enter.

Fuck off lads, trying to be stealthy here.
  • I used to think it was just that none of those places were meant to be taken by stealth, but I'm sure I've done that once or twice. Maybe you have to do it in under a certain time or something.
  • Well it spawns me up above in the Demon Warehouses so it's like the game is pointing me to take it stealthily, then it decides nah. Just struck me as lazy or bad scripting/AI.

Just a minor grumble. Don't actually mind the combat now.
  • Demon Warehouse ones - the mask icons on the map are just best em ones. Unless it asks you to specifically be stealthy for extra points... But once you do first wave the second wave always know you're there and so it's scrap time regardless.

The Taskmaster ones on the map are split between fighting and stealth. I quite like those ones, but the chase the drone across the map ones are frustrating
  • Yeah, allowing you to do the first wave by stealth in what is essentially a combat challenge is a weird choice, I don't get it either.

The only thing is, I'm sure I remember taking out the last guy by stealth, expecting wave 2 to come in and getting a "base complete" message. Maybe I was in a DLC story mission and forgot or something.
  • all the challenges are made extra frustrating by the load times for me.

juggling your suit power ups etc is key to gold medalling some of them.

AJ wrote:
    Yeah, allowing you to do the first wave by stealth in what is essentially a combat challenge is a weird choice, I don't get it either. The only thing is, I'm sure I remember taking out the last guy by stealth, expecting wave 2 to come in and getting a "base complete" message. Maybe I was in a DLC story mission and forgot or something.

it seems an excuse to tack on the little medals for taking out 5 guys with stealth etc. it is odd.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!