Spider-Man
  • It's an excuse to make it replayable..

I think a lot of the decisions have been taken with a view to trying to prevent people from bashing through the story and trading it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • They didn't do a very good job at it then, since none of them do.
  • now i think about it, the balance of those upgrade tokens is all sorts of squiffy. i don't think i would have all the suits if it weren't for the DLC.
  • Squiffy how? If you want to unlock everything, you have to complete everything or buy DLC. Personally, I think they should have added more things to unlock in the DLC; tokens are way too plentiful if you've got it all.
  • i had an over abundance of every type of token, bar challenge tokens - even after obtaining every upgrade. there's far more base/crime/etc tokens than you need, while not quite enough challenge tokens.
  • That's with the DLC - main game has the exact number of tokens required to unlock everything. Like I said, they should have included more upgrades with the DLC in order to balance it out.
  • even before i had started any of the dlc i was overflowing with tokens :) 

no biggie just seemed la bit odd. 

i'm still hoping to find a bruce campbell cameo somewhere.
  • I'm sure there were the exact number for all the unlocks...

One of us is remembering wrong, so that's probably me.
  • lol no worries, it's probably because i couldn't be bothered to gold medal all the challenges.
  • I don't have the DLC, and I unlocked everything.
  • The only thing I can remember for sure is that I didn't before getting the DLC because it required too many golds on the challenges, which I couldn't be bothered with, so kudos.
  • Finished this tonight and got totes emosh at the end. Loved it but don’t think I’m interested in the DLC.
  • Yeah, the DLC it's only really worth it if you want more challenges; the story bits are really lightweight.
  • AJ wrote:
    Yeah, the DLC it's only really worth it if you want more challenges; the story bits are really lightweight.

I imagined that’d be the case. Spent long enough to be more than satisfied and not at risk of spoiling it.
  • Saying that, the first episode on its own is just about worthwhile; it's slightly longer than the others and at least has a section with a fun, sort of new mechanic.
  • Boom done.

Surprisingly hard hitting ending, but the build up and pay off for what happens is excellent. Genuinely a great Spider-Man story that just happened to be a game.

Very end spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Guessing a sequel in a year or two!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • there were many sequel threads left open :)
  • Just started this. Not bad so far. Good swinging and stuff. Just did lots of ok combat and then some rubbish ‘puzzles’ in the lab.

Looking forward to just zipping around.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The combat gets better as you unlock more moves, but honestly the selling point here is the web swinging, so I'd say concentrate on unlocking the traversal stuff.
  • Yeah it’s the city and traversal I’m interested in. Unlocked one combat move so far. Can see it getting better.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've just started this, avoided reading this thread for spoilers (for now). Anyway, I've got hooked on finding backpacks and fixing the towers so i can find said backpacks. Up to 30 found so far. Not done anything else story wise.

Is there a day/night cycle in this?
  • not sure if it cycles but some missions fast forward it to day/night.

the backpacks are where i saw that spiderman 2 balloon reference.
  • Time only cycles due to missions.
  • You can change it yourself but I'm not sure when that unlocks.
  • Ubisoft, well I think it's them have alot to answer for. Surely there are better ways of incorporating side stories into a game than a ocd inducing map.

About 35% through the game, enjoying it though I think it could have been stripped back alittle, though I'll save my thoughts till I finish it.
  • Have you guys been switching suits? I've used the electro suit since i got it early on and stuck to it. Pretty handy in a large mob fight, chain arc electricity across the mob of bad guys.

Havent really used the tech other than in tutorials. Upto 55% complete, its fun.
  • Have you guys been switching suits? I've used the electro suit since i got it early on and stuck to it. Pretty handy in a large mob fight, chain arc electricity across the mob of bad guys.

Havent really used the tech other than in tutorials. Upto 55% complete, its fun.
  • You can change suits independent of the powers - so wear whatever suit you want and then whatever power you want. I used the one where spidey jumps and flings a load of webbing out for ages as it's a quick way of cleaning out the street crimes etc.
  • Yeah, the web blossom is pretty fun.

Try it in one of the crimes in a shop.
  • Up to 76% complete now. I do wish the game was more streamlined and they cut some of the stuff out (mainly the ubosoft lets clutter the map crap). Its starting to drag, i just want to see the end credits now. It has its high points, i enjoyed the
    Spoiler:

Why is it whenever you take control of a sidekick in games that their sections have to be stealth based? Its boring and an old clichéd idea.

I don't think the skills tree really works, as ive gotten every skill available and most unless they are automated i dont use them. Gadgets i never use unless forced by the story to do so.

I think this would have been a better game if they cut the fat, trimmed the storyline down and cut down the suits to 1 or 2 that you really had to earn.

Dont get me wrong, its enjoyable, but less is more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!