Spider-Man
  • I think I got the GotY edition so it has all the DLCs. I think.

Thing is...

I don’t really like Arkham games
    I don’t really like open-world collectathons
    I find endless brawling very dull
    Despite their evident quality...I don’t get on with Insomniac games for some reason

So I should hate this. But I don’t. It’s really good.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's just tons to like, aside from doing open world traversal etc. really fucking well. There's a good line of humour in even the daft collectable shite, the
    Spoiler:
    got a snort from me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just found the photo mode. Quickly, someone stop me before it's too late...

GiAolap.jpg
  • Erm. Is that a ‘secret photo’?

About to hit last section and only just discovered secret photos! Didn’t know they were a thing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, just me fucking about like a juvenile dweeb. I'm sending my brother loads of them, the "tingling" stickers are being put to all kinds of use.
  • Aaaaaaand.... I’m done. 

Fucking amazing game. And to think I was gonna pass on it and only played it cos Boris was lending it out. What a knob I am.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Drone challenges are canny fucking shite.
  • Need to finish this. Though I just started God Of War so it's not looking good.
  • Drone challenges are canny fucking shite.

Yes they are
    The Forum Herald™
  • really got into this over Christmas after buying it in the Black Friday sale. The city looks so beautiful, and the gameplay is like a perfect balance of Arkham and Infamous (yes, I loved the first Infamous).
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • How long is this if I just story hop pls?  Advice to play it 'properly' will fall on deaf ears I'm afraid, but I'm up for swinging through the campaign.  Played 90 mins when I borrowed it at launch, and I'm 99% sure my mate hasn't even bothered playing it that long as he's been too busy letting Master League play itself on PES.
  • Check Howlongtobeat. I’d say around 15 hours.
  • Yup, that's looking about right.  Might borrow this again then as Shenmue isn't calling to me just yet.
  • Yar, game seems pretty lean (in modern terms) if you mainline it. Even the bloat ain’t that...er, bloaty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I can lend... Already need to post you two games after all...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think all the extra stuff is cosmetic except the L3+R3 suit power (that isn't tied to your suit) thing. But I only ever use the web everyone up one and that's an early unlock anyway, so I don't think you'll have any speed bumps or difficulty spikes.
  • Cheers Muzz but my mate's copy will just gather dust forever so I might as well grab that.
  • Yeah it’s a tight game. I plat’ed it and that my one and only of that colour. The problem will come with the sequels where they’ll start bulking out with loads of unwanted bulk. In fact just what the Arkham games did.
  • But I only ever use the web everyone up one and that's an early unlock anyway

The jump, and spin firing out pure hunners of web? That was the one I used pretty much the whole time, too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, it's like a win button on easy mode.

Just done a stealth challenge and failed it loads of times on the last two guys near the hostages. Tried all sorts, including my million web spinning thing, the skill that staggers the guy when you do the triangle button zipline KO (the fella still "spotted" Spidey while dazed and face down on the floor), the stealth boost thing, trip mines and all sorts. The web grenade worked in the end, took one out and I launched myself at the other.

Is there a better way of taking out two close baddies that I'm missing? Even when I did it the spotting icon was filling up, so there's a chance it won't work every time. I couldn't just pull one away either as they were under a walkway without a perch nearby. Doing that has made me realise that I really neglect the gadgets, might try experimenting.
  • I completed it but stuck to the blue and yellow missions, did all the side quests for other characters. Left alot of the collectable stuff as it became a chore. Good game though. Like the later Arkham games less is more is a design philosophy that should be followed through.
  • Yeah it’s a tight game. I plat’ed it and that my one and only of that colour. The problem will come with the sequels where they’ll start bulking out with loads of unwanted bulk. In fact just what the Arkham games did.
    Yeah those little Spidey-droid bits were pretty tedious and that’s the sort of thing I can see them adding in more. Plus
    Spoiler:
    The thing I’d like them to work on is the environment. Try and really bring the city alive like a GTA game. Arkham never got anywhere with that by evacuating the city at the start of each sequel.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have a collector's intensity with these type of games and quit Spider-Man at like 96% because I didn't want to do 20 more brawls, I think. That being said, it was wonderful to get through that much in about 20-25 hours, and not feel as though the bloat was there.

It's made me think about my favourite open world of this gen, and it's probably Infamous Second Son, a game that does not fuck about with the player's time and can be 100%ed in a normal run of about 20ish hours. That Vs the 40+ I put into Far Cry 3/4 last gen really makes it feel stark. And I would jump at another Infamous.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm currently on the last DLC pack. The DLC is good but I feel it overeggs the pudding. The base game has just the right amount of content - you'll 100% it just as it starts to get boring. There's nothing wrong with the DLC as such but it doesn't have the variation you'd get from a proper sequel and it ends up being more content than I actually wanted. Plus I find myself having to grind the new crimes because there isn't enough traversal to do them organically.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I'm currently on the last DLC pack. The DLC is good but I feel it overeggs the pudding. The base game has just the right amount of content - you'll 100% it just as it starts to get boring. There's nothing wrong with the DLC as such but it doesn't have the variation you'd get from a proper sequel and it ends up being more content than I actually wanted. Plus I find myself having to grind the new crimes because there isn't enough traversal to do them organically.
    Yeah this is spot on. I’ve got something like 98% on the main game and done the first DLC. And it’s too much at this point. I’m giving it a break for 6 months or so and then going to finish it off.
  • Just done a stealth challenge and failed it loads of times on the last two guys near the hostages.

It’s not this one, is it?

• Regarding the completion of stats, I found it really imbalanced. Some I got all three levels of the medal without noticing, others (like the web-zip to a point and immediately bounce forward) I’m nowhere near close to doing, even as I near the end of the first DLC pack. The 90° building turn is another that I still need to do hundreds of times, and is awkward as hell to spam (unlike wallrunning, which is easily spammed on the Avengers tower).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not that one, I think this was to the west of the map. I'll have a check once Nate has done this demon base.
  • I got bored before the end of the side stuff and just powered through it’s a great game though
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Andy, it was the Hell's Kitchen one right on the Western edge of the island. The two guys are just stood by the hostage, not patrolling or anything so they had to be done at the same time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!