Middle Age
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    The most depressing thread on this forum by far.

Oddly enough I find it quite comforting like s nice pair of well worn slippers or a new pair of crocs...I'm not alone in the cold cold universe!
    Peter3C
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I wear jeans round the house all the time, I ain't a geriatric yet. Feet are honking so never bare foot.
  • davyK wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I'm 32 and feel nothing like you guys...am I doing it wrong?!

You ain't middle aged - that's why.

Half the people in thread aren't they just want a reason to moan!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fake middle age!
  • I'm middle age most of the time but tend to save my 'desperately clinging onto some semblance of youth' when I have weekends away with friends. Staying out too late, drinking a veritable Haribo of alcoholic beverages, tempted by illicit substances, humouring the idea of going to a club then regaining my senses. But the body really doesn't appreciate 3 hours sleep and a hangover. They normally last 2 days.

Upside is I seem to have blossomed with age so get hit on far more in my early 40s than at any other time in my life. Plus, I'm very content with life at present (not wishing to tempt fate, touch wood). Swings and roundabouts.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I'm 32 and feel nothing like you guys...am I doing it wrong?!
    You ain't middle aged - that's why.
    Half the people in thread aren't they just want a reason to moan!

Indeed - perhaps it is a state of mind.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sorry now if any snowflakes are going to be upset but anyone under 38 shouldn't be here, this is serious life moaning and slipper selection stuff! Feck off with your state of mind shite I'm 29 etc and go out get wasted and do it again while you feckin can you lucky lucky Feckers! State of mind my arse!
    Peter3C
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    According to the dictionary middle age begins at 45 so any cunt below that can go fuck off or something I dunno don't hate me
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    65+ is old age sorry g
  • In my mind I'm still 25 but I've just spent an hour with a physio battering the shite out of me.... reality bites! Extra grumpiness just cos it's Wednesday!
    Peter3C
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    mate im a cripple man up ya sissy
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    1v1 me i will out cripple you to the death
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    for real
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Superbumcripple.
  • In all honesty my biggest problem is energy i.e. a lack of. After a day at work I'm knackered and struggle to motivate myself to do anything. This wasn't the case when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I had energy to spare. My question is how do I get that energy/drive/motivation back? Is it mindset? Is it diet? Is it just middle age creeping up on me?

In my defence,other than going to work. I workout 4/5 days a week, try to study for an hour a day (4 days a week). Attempt not to piss the misses off as well (full time job that). If I had more energy/motivation I'd be fine.
  • Middle aged is not having energy/motivation and being absolutely fine with that.
  • JonB wrote:
    Middle aged is not having energy/motivation and being absolutely fine with that.

I agree with some of that.
    Peter3C
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I couldn't be bothered agreeing.
  • I think I am ready for middle age at 31.
    I can still do the odd big night out at bars but cant be fucked with clubs anymore unless there is a DJ playing I want to see (which makes it more like going to a gig really).
    I fucking hate travelling, tried it in my early 20s and hated it then so happy to leave all that shit behind, along with any form of camping. If i can't have a shower in the morning I'm not going.

Dog, pub, DIY.
  • I think I am ready for middle age at 31.
    I can still do the odd big night out at bars but cant be fucked with clubs anymore unless there is a DJ playing I want to see (which makes it more like going to a gig really).
    I fucking hate travelling, tried it in my early 20s and hated it then so happy to leave all that shit behind, along with any form of camping. If i can't have a shower in the morning I'm not going.

Dog, pub, DIY.

I like you
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Travelling is amazing and I intend to do more as I get older.
  • If by travelling we're talking airbnb and not talking to some crusties by a drum circle.
  • I've spent the last two nights drinking out of date Superbok and painting tiny miniatures. Leapfrogged adult-hood, middle-age, and right to retiree in the shed.
  • I could do airbnb.
    Travelling I mean sweaty hostels and drum circle teats.
    "I found myself" fuck off, ten minutes ago you were banging on about drinking fish bowls at full moon parties. You didn't find yourself, you got an std off a guy named Paelo.
  • I could do airbnb.
    Travelling I mean sweaty hostels and drum circle teats.
    "I found myself" fuck off, ten minutes ago you were banging on about drinking fish bowls at full moon parties. You didn't find yourself, you got an std off a guy named Paelo.

Fucking hippies.
    Air BnB or nice hotel all the way.
    Only way for me to travel is alone. Going with the family is a no for me, just a big source of stress.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:
    Swings and roundabouts.

I think we're all a bit past that, mate.

1v1 me i will out cripple you to the death

I'll referee for a fee, I'm half-blind for authenticity.

Tempy wrote:
    retiree in the shed.

You don't have a shed, son. Mine has a wonky roof that I nailed back down in the rain after it flew off in high winds. One of its windows fell down and I bodged it back up with rusty nails and broken strips of wood. That's shedding!
  • Nowt better than a nice hotel that caters for every need.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Travelling is tedious.

Always has been. 

Always will be.

The first time I was in a plane (I was 23!) the takeoff and landing were interesting.

The first minute or so of when a bus or train starts is nice. But the glow soon fades.

Wifey and the daughters love it.

I actually don't mind long drives though. Maybe because I am doing the driving.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I like high speed trains. You get where you're going fast, but you can get up and walk around and they're generally comfortable with plenty of leg room. Some even have a bar.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was in North France a couple of weeks ago. Train service was excellent (Paris <--> Lille)

Super smooth.

Actually train journeys are pleasant. Probably because I don't go by train that much. Traipsing around stations etc can be a pain though. When an airport is integrated with rail it helps a great deal.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!