Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • Boys, I started playing again. Lets get it on.
  • I might even buy the battle pass!
    Can-of-sprite
  • Thankfully the V-Bucks I get from the PvE mode have been enough to buy the Battle Pass again.
  • Not really feeling any of the battle pass skins tbh. That one with The Rock's tattoo is ok. I think I'll save my money this time around.

The pump delay bug is still annoying the shit out of me, as is the AR bloom
  • I'm so bad at this. Earlier I forgot how to change materials.
  • I still get my building muddled up occasionally in the heat of things.  I think the shotgun damage RNG is my biggest issue with the game though (Edit: nope, that'll be rockets), 9 damage for a head shot or 120 damage, who fucking knows.

Not to bad tonight overall though, another 5 wins in duo's and squads.  Plenty of challenges down.
  • Shotguns are still the most consistent way to get kills, which says a lot about the other guns. 
    They could vault everything that isn't a shotty, sniper or rockets at this point.
  • Aye, shotguns rule despite their issues.  I do like AR's though, Scar's will destroy you at a decent range with just a few hits and Bursts are brilliant.  First shot accuracy has been a big improvement, it's still not perfect, but it really rewards good aim and especially at mid range.  Reckon I get as many kills with AR's as with shotguns.  Actually got my three pistol challenge kills in Flush earlier, two of them against shotty wielders (only because they whiffed their shots), then died to a point blank no-scope hunting rifle shot.  Rekt.  The gun felt good though, fast firing, stable, and accurate enough at close range. 

Rockets can get to fuck though, along with the whole no-skill close range shotgun-rocket play style.
  • I'll never get used to the range on pump shotguns!

Still an enjoyable night of solo, a few kills, a sneak into a top 3, and some massive choking in 1on 1's.

I really need to learn to push people when they start to build.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Gonna be in a four-stack again tonight with Woodi, Lizzie, and Scant, but I think Woodi's off for a bit after that, Skade.

And yeah, I think I've spent more time beating myself up about choking/bad palys in this game than any other.
  • I ran out of ammo trying to kill a guy jumping around with a pickaxe.

Resorted to throwing grenades at him.
  • Loving the new additions and modifications to the map. Epic's doing an amazing job with updates, every time I think they've gotta start slowing down they only get more creative.
  • I ran out of ammo trying to kill a guy jumping around with a pickaxe.

Lol! I've got pickaxe kills on peeps with guns before, don't feel too bad.

I mean, feel fairly bad...
  • Okay, so once I was building a huge stairway to heaven to use a launch pad but didn't realise I'd clicked on auto-run. Instead of stopping at the top to place a floor section I took a full speed swan dive.

In front of my whole team.
  • Gonna be in a four-stack again tonight with Woodi, Lizzie, and Scant, but I think Woodi's off for a bit after that, Skade.

I will attempt to join you.
    I ran out of ammo trying to kill a guy jumping around with a pickaxe.

Lol! I've got pickaxe kills on peeps with guns before, don't feel too bad.

I mean, feel fairly bad...

I held up a weapon less player last night, pointed my shotty at them and they drop mats and mini shields for me.
    Can-of-sprite
  • I followed a guy into a house once, early game. He heard me enter and just crouched in the corner with his pickaxe, obviously weaponless. Felt so bad I gave him my spare pistol. He danced and ran out the door. While I was looting I got pushed, ran out of ammo with my SMG, and died. A spare pistol with a full mag would have been nice.

And check our Discord, Skade. Even if I'm not about or in a full squad there might be others looking to play.
  • So, after defending AR's I've had a couple of sessions of getting rekt thanks to ridiculous bullet spread, and that ongoing shotty damage RNG problem of course. Feelsbadman.

Still, hit 200 wins in good fashion with a heart pounding 7 kill clutch final fight, and despite whiffing a bunch of shots on the last baddie standing.

When it is going well there's not much out there that's as fun to play, for me at least. From the challenge of the odds being massively stacked against you to the brilliantly inventive gameplay. It isn't just shooting and building, it's rocket riding, impulse launching, launch pad flanking, sneaky trapping, suicide vest sticky bombing, and yeah, lots of dancing.
  • And hiding from Thanos when all you have is a pistol.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Haven't tried the new LTM yet, but I'm imagining there's lots of panicking involved.
  • They have already had to nerf Thanos.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Got another solo dub yesterday. 
    I have a love-hate relationship with it. It's so addictive but there's just so much bullshit.
    The headshot hitbox feels fucking massive now, it's like you can't miss with the sniper. I actually got sniped from 200 health in mid-air yesterday.
    It really feels like Epic are intent on removing as much of the skill gap as they possibly can.
  • Headshot hitboxes do feel a bit big at the moment, but there's still plenty of skill/luck to take into account when you get domed. 

I desperately want a better hitscan shooting model.  The fist-shot accuracy update was a step in the right direction but their reluctance to go for the perfect accuracy model was telling.  I do think they're looking to be in a place where skill is rewarded but noobs/scrubs aren't put off, they're just not there yet. 

Dunno if we'll ever get there either, but the gunplay is massively better than it was at launch so there's always hope for improvement.
  • https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v4-2

Tick rate's gone up, so might feel a bit better for you hardcore BR players.
    I only ever play the SP so that Perk Recombulator letting me re-spec and change up perks sounds both awesome, and also another layer of RPG-type-loot-make-numbers-bigger-for-moar-powah compulsive minmaxing :-)

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/item-perk-recombobulator
  • TBH, I'm fucking stunned by how fast the dev team is able to add new things in an extremely-well-integrated manner. 
    I've had hardly any bugs, the world and general gameplay in the SP "Save the World" mode and missions is very very solid, and some of the changes and additions they've made have been non-trivial to say the least! There must be a big team on this now to get this much content released so regularly, so IMHO it's even more impressive that so-many-cooks hasn't lead to a flaky mess. They must have a really good automated test backend and lots of playtesters and QA.

When I first paid for Fortnite it was in a "hmm, I need a new game, I guess this will do for now" kidn of way, and at the time I advised mates at work who saw me playing that it wasn't really worth the asking price. Now I think it totally is.

If you like the BR type of gameplay and like the idea of a squad-based PvE RPG format game with lots of mission types, including some great fun building forts to defend against zombies, then give it a look!
  • I'm with you. Reckon I've put over a hundred hours into Save the World, and at first I felt a bit underwhelmed by the gameplay while at the same time being completely confused by the multitude of upgrade systems. I stuck with it though and the building/defending soon got under my skin and once I figured things out the progression/evolution of my characters and Homebases has been smooth and steady throughout my time with it. And really, there's potential for this to continue for aeons. The scale of the game's levelling, upgrade, and reward systems are quite bewildering.

I would like more variety in the world design, with area defining biomes corresponding to the homebases rather than just the same thing all over again. The recent desert based event was a great touch though, and I've got no doubt Epic will deliver more of this kind of thing in the future.

And the building/trapping/defending is great fun. Higher level Homebases defences in particular are a real challenge, with well designed defensive fortifications including multi-layered funneling kill-boxes and kill-tunnels being essential. I love helping rando's with their Homebases as well, seeing how other people are prepping and building, or completely failing to do so, can be a real eye opener.

I've definitely got my money's worth from the early access buy-in, and the amount of Vbucks I get from dailies, challenges, and log in rewards has paid for all of my BR season passes so far and loads of cosmetic stuff besides. Which is nice.
  • 50v50'd pretty much nonstop since it came back.  The building in the standard mode is brilliant but in this LTM it's glorious!  Numerous smaller bases get swallowed up by all the offensive and defensive work resulting in sprawling mulit-level constructions and chaotic combat.  Kinda wish it was a permanent feature. 

jiBQT0L.jpg

tP1NpF5.jpg

zWorNKh.jpg 

7gBYydS.gif 

It's a mode that also lets you do silly things like equipping a jet pack and rocket launcher and pretend to be Pharah from Overwatch whilst attacking a large enemy force.

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
  • It is!  I've always had reservations about any BR game played as an eSport, but Fortnite is so fun to watch as well as play I've decided I no longer give a shit.  

Bring it on.
  • I'm still interested to see how it can possibly work as a e-sport tbh. I've watched Fortnite scrims and they are boring as shit. The format they've been using recently for the Fortnite Fridays tournament hardly seems suitable either.

Curious to see what they come up with.
  • Dunno if anyone's seen this, but Epic have announced a Pro-AM BR tournament for Wednesday 12th June during E3.  They've put up $3 million in charity prize money for the event (not part of the $100 million mentioned above) with $1 million going to the winners charities of choice.  

They've revealed two groups of contestants so far including the likes of Ninja, Myth, Joel McHale from Community, Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy, and the UFC's Demetrious Johnson.

I'll give it a watch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!