Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Apparently in Warcraft there was a gathering held to commemorate a guild member's death in real life and some other clan rolled up and fucked them all up.
    Nothing is sacred.

I remember that! The Fortnite thing wasn't that bad then really.

In other news, Playground mode is finally open for business. Load into a private game with up to three friends, resources are gathered at 10x normal rate and you get an hour to fuck around. Anyone still having trouble with building needs to get on this.

• Durr burger discovered in the desert, loot llamas popping up all over Europe.

Epic really are on point with marketing.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Quite excited to see what's new. The whole World's Collide thing has been set up so damn well.
  • Had a week or so off BR, been grinding Save the World for Vbucks and finally got to Canny Valley.

One thing that really feels off with PvE is the lack of proper biomes. You start in Stonewood, Homebase and surroundings all green and lush, great. Then you open up Plankerton and the Homebase is all autumnal colours and black rocks. Looks lovely but once you leave the Homebase to do a mission in the surrounding area it's back to Stonewood assets. The Canny Valley Homebase looks fantastic as well, desert with ramshackle mining works and old-West and Spanish colonial buildings, but the surrounding area is the same Green Hill Zone as everywhere else.

I'm thinking it was all intended to be placeholder early access stuff, and a recent desert themed event with lovely new assets hints at a possible future, but with BR being Epic's focus I just dunno if they'll ever commit the resources.

The events and their storylines are a nice touch though, the recent Blockbuster was good fun with writing that often got a chuckle and some quality rewards.

Anyhoo, I'll stick with StW. Despite samey missions and no real new enemies since the early game (beyond elemental variants) there's plenty of fun to be had designing and building crazy bases and diabolical trap layouts. Also, I'm quite attached to my heroes and to the various characters. Ray and Dennis in particular.
  • That is very cool.  Haven't had a chance to look at the Battle Pass beyond this lil vid, but the patch notes look promising and the reworked map looks very nice.  Anarchy and Moisty were the worst parts of the map. 

• I liked anarchy. And yes moisty was a bit dull.

Just changed my controller layout to builder pro. Not quite sure why I didn't do this before. Will be much better once I get used to it.
    GT: Knight640
  • I always preferred Fatal to Anarchy, but having played the new map I'm not sure the country club (Lazy Links?) is an improvement. Same kinda big open feel, just looks different. Really appreciate the constant tinkering and additions though, Epic are doing a grand job with this.

And yeah Builder Pro's great. I'm better at building with that on PS4 than I am with keyboard on my PC. I think I might have left it too long to be able to successfully adapt to keyboard controls. I'm too old for this shit.
  • Been playing a bit on Switch today, got the battle pass. All that stuff cross-sync's onto my XB1 if I decide to play there, yeah?

Also trying to find who it was from here I was playing with! Think it was whoever's "Chris" on my list. Or Moustachio28 on Fortnite..

Cheers for the games breh!
  • It should transfer, yeah.  Really like the Battle Pass stuff again, fully upgraded Drift is one of my favourite skins to date and 1500 Vbucks for completing it is very generous.  

Played nothin' but 50's since the season started, 'tis stupidly good fun.
  • Aye, I'm much more enjoying that gametype tbh. Sealed the deal with this earlier..

Like and subscribe, lads. Like and subscribe.
  • Nice shots, final kills in 50's feel good.  Had a good few games where it's come right down to the wire, one big scrap turning into a 1v1 or 1v2.  A win like that is every bit as rewarding as a squads win.  The server lag can be an issue but hey, there's a lot of people fighting.
  • Will hopefully be around for a few 50s before the WC final coverage starts. My Fortnite name btw is "afgav1234", will be on Switch/Handheld/Pro Cont.
  • Will hopefully be around for a few 50s before the WC final coverage starts. My Fortnite name btw is "afgav1234", will be on Switch/Handheld/Pro Cont.

Saw you on Gav but couldn't join , I was on the Bone - dunno if I have to change anything for cross play though.

Nearly done all the challenges but can't seem to kill anyone with the grenades, thought I had but it didn't register though.

It's a fun game even on your own.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Aye it was joining fine mate, it's just our timing wasn't great. You were always just in a game when I was in the lobby and I needed to get them in quick.
  • Has anyone got the grenades challenge completed ? Can't get any kills to register despite killing people with them .
  • Yeah, got 'em in squads and 50's.  Had to finish off players I'd downed (with any weapon) with the grenades though as it didn't register otherwise.  It's an issue that's been around for a while and they've sorted it for guns iirc but obviously not 'sposives.
  • Oh, and for anyone new to Fortnite there's a bonus hidden star that rewards a whole tier once you've finished that weeks challenges.  There's a clue in the unlockable loading screens, the week 1 star is;
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah, got 'em in squads and 50's.  Had to finish off players I'd downed (with any weapon) with the grenades though as it didn't register otherwise.  It's an issue that's been around for a while and they've sortjed it for guns iirc but obviously not 'sposives.

But I killed someone with just grenades and still didn't register, im sure I've knocked them out and killed them with a grenade and it still hasn't worked.

@Gav Wanna partner up and get the grenade challenge sorted and try that way?
  • Aye but I won't be close to coming on until about 11pm tonight if at all. Backshift!
  • Woahhhhhhhh.

You backs all week?
  • Nah just today. Wed/Thu off so I'll have plenty of time then!
  • Nah just today. Wed/Thu off so I'll have plenty of time then!

Cool. I managed to do the grenade challenge easily on the Switch tonight after mostly playing on the Xbox - bizarre.

I should be on tomorrow night if you need a hand Gav.

• Tbf I'm not really paying attention to challenges so far. Probably will when the want for more gear/xp arrives. Cheers man.
  • If you've got the season pass you need to them really , so you can get better gear - like the Drift outfit and the other Road trip challenges. I'm sure Stormy can explain it better.
  • Nah, you got it. But if the cosmetics in this pass don't really do it for you there's always the Vbucks to think about, 1500 for max, or enough to buy next season's pass by tier 58.
  • it's Fortnite 1st Birthday next week and there'll be party themed cosmetics to grab in BR and StW.  Details on the upcoming Canny Valley biome rework for StW as well.  All good stuff.

• So there's a trick to getting serious height from a launch pad (with the help of a bounce pad) without building a sky ramp, just in case y'all're worried about getting shot down. I thought it was common knowledge by now but it seems not, so here it is. The key is the edited arch as it pushes you down onto the launch pad while retaining low gravity, meaning super height!

• How do you to use your parachute again ? I've seen people float down from these ramps but
    I don't know how to re open it
  • You can only re-use your glider via the launch pad (the trampoline looking thing I put down first in that vid), just jump on it and you'll get boosted into the air and into the same sky diving animation as when you exit the Battle Bus.

You don't go all that high though, hence the ramps and technique above.

The big blue bounce pads (the thing I place on the wall) just give you an improved jump with no fall damage, no glider available with those.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!