It's No Sacrifice.. Just A Simple Thread.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fuck off: AAA Development
    Summoned: Groundbreaking AA Deving from before 2005
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Soulcalibur for Game of Thrones (yes, I'm cheating), by Soulcalibur V's remaining team (minus titmongers).

Hodor for @Roujin.
  • Just junk Zynga if you want to kill a developer.

Speaking of which

Ground Rovio
    Clear to relaunch Two Tribes
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Eject Titanfall
    Lock and load Virtual On
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    End game: The Sims
    Discharged from A&E: Theme Hospital
    regmcfly wrote:
    Wrong choice - Telltale
    Butterfly net + pancake - Discworld
    Tempy wrote:
    Decapitate: Dead Rising
    Medkit: Left4Dead
    mk64 wrote:
    kill off Fire Emblem
    Bring back Advance Wars
    Put down: Mario Rabbids
    Put willy in: Hogs of War
    regmcfly wrote:
    TOO BAD - any sports game ever
    GREAT - Wave Race

harrymetsallyorgasm.gif
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Silver bullet: PlayStation
    Voodoo ritual: SEGA hardware
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Silver bullet: PlayStation
    Voodoo ritual: SEGA hardware

I like the cut of your jib.
  • Indeed. Yakuza 0 is reminding me of all the things we lost with Sega hardware.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Whilst I loved Sega, it's not PlayStation I'd kill
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It is for me, it'd be the sweet taste of payback.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I like the cut of your jib.

o/\o
    cockbeard wrote:
    Whilst I loved Sega, it's not PlayStation I'd kill

I thought about Xbox, but then that'd mean no Halo.
    Yossarian wrote:
    It is for me, it'd be the sweet taste of payback.

Never underestimate the power of PlayStation 2 hype to kill of the DC.

• Wouldn't wanna kill any platform for Sega. But if it comes to that, Microsoft is the only choice. There's Halo and nothing else you'd miss. Too many good games on Sonyntend.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nope, Sony without a second thought for me.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    It didn't take much. Sega killed off Sega.
  • Not being missed anyway.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    It didn't take much. Sega killed off Sega.

The DC was one of the greatest consoles of all time, it deserved more. Sure, Sega had its missteps before that, but they got it right in the end.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Not being missed anyway.

They certainly are by some of us.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The DC was one of the greatest consoles of all time, it deserved more. Sure, Sega had its missteps before that, but they got it right in the end.
    Too little too late though, unfortunately. After the Mega CD, 32X and Saturn, a moderate success wasn't enough.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well yes, my point is it deserved to be a bigger success. It's certainly arguable, if not provable, that in the absence Sony's PS2 hype machine it would have been a bigger success.
  • Hard to say exactly, but I'd think it was as much about reputation as hype, and Sony's was deservedly much better from the previous generation.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hype definitely played its part. Let us not forget Sony's Emotion Engine bollocks.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Nope, Sony without a second thought for me.

Well of course, but you've never been right ;)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also hype DC all you like, slate 32x all you like but Saturn was best 2d machine ever and mega cd had some beautiful platfirmers
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Hype definitely played its part. Let us not forget Sony's Emotion Engine bollocks.
    That's a big reason I didn't buy a PS2, but I also didn't buy a DC either because I had no trust in Sega by then. If they couldn't withstand a bit of bullshit from a rival it was because they'd weakened themselves. And in the end the PS2 had one of the best games line ups of any machine.

The ominous thing is, Sega haven't been able to make that much from being software only, which seemed like a great opportunity with their back catalogue. I'd be happier now if they could manage a number of good games for other consoles that exploited some of the old IP (not Sonic), than getting back into hardware.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Well yes, my point is it deserved to be a bigger success. It's certainly arguable, if not provable, that in the absence Sony's PS2 hype machine it would have been a bigger success.

Lol.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

It's a super computer! Banned in some countries cos it could launch missiles! Titles on PS2 and DC look significantly worse on PS2! Wait...

Dreamcast was killed off by two things: previous SEGA missteps and Sony hype machine. Tru fax.

While Halo might be the only thing I'd miss from MS hardware, I can't think of anything on PS that I couldn't live without. Closest is Metal Gear, but that saw cross platform release. Most of my favourite PS titles were also available elsewhere: Resi, Wipeout, Tomb Raider, etc.

tl;dr - The PS library is great, but its exclusives pale in comparison to other big hardware makers. If we have to kill off something to bring back SEGA hardware, it's the PS machines.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ooh ooh, good analogue just popped into my head: Sony is Toyota, SEGA is Alfa Romeo. Toyota may be more reliable, but no one falls in love with a Prius or Hilux.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Ooh ooh, good analogue just popped into my head: Sony is Toyota, SEGA is Alfa Romeo. Toyota may be more reliable, but no one falls in love with a Prius or Hilux.

That's actually the perfect analogue.

Alfa Fans may be pissy at the prevalence of boring old Toyotas - the relentless marketing, the stranglehold on the market etc.

They don't look at the fact that Alfa's are unreliable, impractical and the company as a whole is sloppy, disorganised and incompetent.

No, no - it's mean old Toyota.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

It's a super computer! Banned in some countries cos it could launch missiles! Titles on PS2 and DC look significantly worse on PS2! Wait...

Dreamcast was killed off by two things: previous SEGA missteps and Sony hype machine. Tru fax.

While Halo might be the only thing I'd miss from MS hardware, I can't think of anything on PS that I couldn't live without. Closest is Metal Gear, but that saw cross platform release. Most of my favourite PS titles were also available elsewhere: Resi, Wipeout, Tomb Raider, etc.

tl;dr - The PS library is great, but its exclusives pale in comparison to other big hardware makers. If we have to kill off something to bring back SEGA hardware, it's the PS machines.

The PS exclusive lineup, in modern times, kills everyone outside Nintendo.

And it wasn't "past" mistakes that killed Sega.

Poor sponsorship deals, jumping the gun on console online, delays of key games, confusing ad campaigns.

I fucking love my Dreamcast- one of my favourite consoles EVER. But Sega killed it, not Sony.

Sony were number 1 in the world and had swagger. Sega were still thinking they had early 90s rep.
  • Sony exclusive line up is definitely bad. No PS exclusive will win B&B GotY, let alone 3 times in 4 years...
  • As good as DC exclusives were they weren't as popular as Sony ones. GTA3 like it or not was a phenomenon.

The DC exclusives largely ended up in a dead end Sega weren't forward thinking enough to get them out of.

Sega Really and Daytona needed to become Forza. What else do you do with Powerstone, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi etc?

Shenmue had a future but it's smaller audience would make it difficult to see returns on it, hence it being kickstarted.

Sonic Adventure is a steaming pile.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!