It's No Sacrifice.. Just A Simple Thread.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Exclusivity is not a good thing.
    I'm responding to this by saying I like that there are games that play to specific system strengths. There's games on the 3DS that would be unthinkable on other systems, I'd not go near civ 6 on a console (rip Revolution)
    I agree to an extent. Perhaps I should've said 'more exclusivity'. As someone who isn't going to buy loads of different hardware, you can probably appreciate I'd rather have as much as possible available in one place.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    I'm responding to this by saying I like that there are games that play to specific system strengths. There's games on the 3DS that would be unthinkable on other systems, I'd not go near civ 6 on a console (rip Revolution)
    I agree to an extent. Perhaps I should've said 'more exclusivity'. As someone who isn't going to buy loads of different hardware, you can probably appreciate I'd rather have as much as possible available in one place.

Yeah, I do get that, and I probably should consider my privilege in being able to play wherever. I don't like the concept of everything being on all systems and stifling, in places, creativity. Granted that's mostly few and far between, but I'll still hug my Wii as I fall asleep.
  • There's different classes of exclusives. A lot of exclusives are just games where a platform owner has chucked money at a developer to stop other console owners playing it, which is pretty undesirable.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    There's different classes of exclusives. A lot of exclusives are just games where a platform owner has chucked money at a developer to stop other console owners playing it, which is pretty undesirable.

What about where Sony helped make SFV (I'm still glad it exists....) Or Nintendo helped with Bayo? You can understand that if they dipped hands in pockets, they're gonna wanna keep that shit locked up
  • Aye and there's games that might end up far improved by e.g. Sony taking an interest and throwing some money at them. A mediocre game available to all becomes a good game available to some for 12 months then everyone after.
  • Sony fucked SF5. It 100% would have happened without them, whatever Capcom say, but not so soon. There's no way they wouldn't have made 5 after the success of 4.

Mostly Capcom's fault, clearly. But Sony offering up money wasn't good for the series.
  • Destroy gears
    Resurrect vanquish

Destroy Mario kart
    Resurrect fzero

Destroy halo
    Resurrect halo
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Exhume G-Police

I couldn't think of anything the equivalent of it to bury.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Oi!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gremill wrote:
    Exhume G-Police

I couldn't think of anything the equivalent of it to bury.

Jus kill anything, it's lawless in here
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bloodborne
  • No gaming related but I'd like to see minecraft fall into a bottomless pit along with notch and his fortune and the glorious return of meccano.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Well yeah, they are third party but a Sega console would have them as exclusives. Plus it would also get third party games except for EA, but no one would miss that.

Revolution was my gateway drug. Good fun. Silly once you sussed it, but still.

Cities makes me think you could easily do a pretty well full featured civ on current gen.

I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!