Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Found a station now, lost my ghost with 1k+ whatever currency this uses before I did though.
  • Back to loving this again.  Got completely lost last night in...
    Spoiler:
    Stumbled upon a boss that for once didn't completely destroy me, but had easily the best introduction of any so far.
    Spoiler:
    I just really need to find a map now.
  • I fell into that area last night when trying to find my way to
    Spoiler:

I felt underprepared and legged it. Finally got to the above place though so feel like I’m back on track.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Oh and the reason I couldn’t find my way there was proper stupid not spotting the obvious route stuff.
  • Played another hour or so last night.  Two bosses done now, four stations found.  It really is exceptionally good so far.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I fell into that area last night when trying to find my way to
    Spoiler:
    I felt underprepared and legged it. Finally got to the above place though so feel like I’m back on track.

Yep, I fell in and ran away earlier.  This time I was slightly better prepared.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    This looks fucking amazing on the tv.
  • I've been playing with headphones, haven't tried it on the telly yet.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Well, the
    Spoiler:
    is bastard hard.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • If only there’d been some clue!

Managed to make some progress tonight, opened another beetle station too.
  • Having a great time playing this on the Switch at lunchtime.

Have struggled a bit figuring out where to go next (mostly from missing exits on the map) but I've enjoyed revisiting older areas and finding hidden or previously out of reach goodies.  Helps that Hollow Knight is a real joy to control too.

Run into a boss who is out of my league just recently.  Spend a full hour getting spanked by him today.  It's Cuphead all over again!  I've been resolute up until now about not looking up guides and figuring it out for myself, but caved in today.  It seems like with a better charm configuration (and a cooler head) he shouldn't be TOO tricky.  Haven't really looked into the charms much, but guess you don't need the navigational stuff plugged in for a boss fight.

To those who have finished the game;
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • There are
    Spoiler:
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm nearing the end. Fully pimped out, just two more bosses, I reckon.
  • I'm 5hrs in and I fully expect this to be exceptional, absolutely loving it.  To think I nearly passed on it.

With all the roguestuff floating around the fact that every inch of this is so meticulously designed feels pretty special.  I'm enjoying the exploration in a way that I didn't in Zelda - for all the tales of people being distracted by this or wandering over to that in BotW I still mostly played that as the crow flies, unlocking a few towers and making my way toward dots on the map.  You can't in this, exploration is integral to progression rather than something you might fancy doing on a whim.  It's orienteering with Napalm Death.
  • It is a truly special game, the visual, sound and map design are all exceptional.
    Bosses have been good so far, only frustration is I get lost regularly but I am starting to get the pointers
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • The Greenpath music is lovely.

• Favourite music everyone?
    Green path is great but I really like the map guys humming.

• Yesterday I heard the map guy but thought it was my wife humming in the kitchen until I got closer. Then she heard it and thought it was me.

Now I’ve typed it this is not the best anecdote but there you go.
  • Greenpath music is definitely my favourite so far because part of it reminds me of a bit in the first stage of Panzer Dragoon.
  • I am starting to think this is my favourite game of the generation

• I am starting to think this is my favourite game of the generation

Praise indeed. Chuffed that you’re enjoying it so much. :)
  • Played a bit more again last night.  I've stopped trying to Do Stuff and just concentrated on exploring.  Found a bunch of places I'd missed, namely...
    Spoiler:
    The former was a nice break after the onslaught elsewhere, and I found a handy new skill too.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    And that's it done. 43 hours, 103% completion.

Epic.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hunk wrote:

Wish team cherry did a simplified control scheme without having to press down as that would alleviate much of the problem. Shame they haven't addressed this with the Switch version as Hollow Knight would be much, much more accessible with the pogo assigned to just a button press. As is you really do need a controller with a decent d-pad to get the most out of it otherwise the game will only frustrate.

Quoted for truth. It also doesn't help that the nail pogo bit I'm stuck on is miles away from the bench.
  • I never really used the pogo that much on PC, can’t be doing with it. There was a bit in the Greenpath that I did right at the end of the game because it was a pogo thing. Probably wasn’t worth it.
  • I was messy with it, but got better, it was fine.

Pc/bone controller.

I also didn't feel the need to be completist though, so may have been bits I didn't do that were well ugly.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Managed to 'beat' it this weekend (72%), and concur with the Switch pogoing.  Only bits of the game I didn't much enjoy.  Not only really difficult to pull off, but painful after a long session!  Had a nice old school meltdown after dying on a boss/breaking charms/losing thousands of geo, thank goodness I was home alone at the time lol.

That Hori joycon can't come soon enough!

Absolutely top game though apart from that.  Delivered pretty much exactly what I hoped for!
  • Love the avatar Wario, saw her supporting Hayes Carll ages ago.  That album's not what I was expecting but probably her best.
  • Awesome you got to see her and Hayes Carll, sounds like a great show!

Agree it's a great album; fast becoming one of my favourites.  Been listening to it pretty much every day over the last 3-4 months I reckon.  I listened to Loner first so was surprised that she used to have a folky country sound.  

Ended up buying her first album off her website, and her Mum wrote a nice thankyou letter and talked about how her other daughter went to Uni just down the road from me.  Was really endearing; they seem like a sweet family.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!