Homer's Mario Odyssey
  • I've noticed it on this a couple of times, but nothing else.  Probably because I mostly played everything else in handheld mode.  Haven't had a problem since I moved the PS4 headphones from directly in front of the Switch dock, maybe they were blocking the line-of-sight electrickery.  

I assume recent machines are shipping without the fault (I'd previously assumed mine was fault free too, got it in June iirc).
  • It happens to mine, but only when I put the dock behind the telly, not in front of it. I barely play docked, so not an issue for me anyway.
  • You must be joking? Where are you up to? It's not padding it's just a good challenge jeez.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    How much of the pre-post-game have I got left if I'm up to

um....plenty of worlds in spoiler
    Spoiler:
    There's so much game here.  I'm somewhere between 15 and 20hrs in, which is already more than I've ever spent on Mario game, and not only have I not seen the credits yet, but according to most of you I've got 
    Spoiler:

You've got loads left mate. It keeps on giving.
    Kow wrote:
    It's not what I think, I'm in the middle of trying to do it.

I ended up
    Spoiler:

Cheater!!! ;)

Shhh!!!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Unlike the other games, this game really opens up after credits. Like loads. LOADS.

Yeah... Like, completely opposite to Zelda. The ending in this game is shit hot.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Maybe credits in this game weren’t places correctly.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I genuinely don't see the point of that
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't see the point of credits at all in a game like this but hey ho. So many people are obsessed with beating a game rather than just playing it for fun.
  • Agree should do away with credit roll at an ‘end’. Then there would be none of this talk of it opening up after credits. I mean it’s still part of the game after the credits bit. They just decided to put credits in middle of the game instead of the end.
  • I think it's fair enough to place credits where the majority of players will reach. I haven't gotten there yet but I assume it's at the end of bowser which is not too far for me and I would assume what most people will get to. That way more people will get to see the credits and all the people that worked on the game.
    My opinion may change when I see the credits maybe.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Most films'd benefit.
  • g.man wrote:
    Hello new person.

Hello, lurked for a while.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Over 250 moons now. Still haven’t been past the city. I should probably press on and see credits and then get the moons. Dunno.

I'd say get it done. You'll be revisiting all the kingdoms anyway...
  • I think it's fair enough to place credits where the majority of players will reach. I haven't gotten there yet but I assume it's at the end of bowser which is not too far for me and I would assume what most people will get to. That way more people will get to see the credits and all the people that worked on the game. My opinion may change when I see the credits maybe.

But they could just put Bowser at the proper end?
  • Sailormoon wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Hello new person.
    Hello, lurked for a while.
    Indeed. Anyway, welcome to The B&B. Feel free to contribute, or not.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I think it's fair enough to place credits where the majority of players will reach. I haven't gotten there yet but I assume it's at the end of bowser which is not too far for me and I would assume what most people will get to. That way more people will get to see the credits and all the people that worked on the game. My opinion may change when I see the credits maybe.
    But they could just put Bowser at the proper end?

Nah, because people want to get to the bit where they fight Bowser.  If you only got to Bowser after collecting 999 moons then very few people would ever get there, and people would complain about that instead.

Some people want to be challenged by Mario games, but a lot of people just want to have fun.  Letting them get to "the end" lets them feel they've achieved something, and enjoyed the journey.  It also means that some of the more fiendish challenges become tantalising trials to face if you dare, rather than horrific barriers that have to be scaled in order to beat the game.

If for instance...
    Spoiler:
    ...had been part of the main game I would have found it game breakingly annoying.  I suspect I would have stopped there and not bothered with any of it again.  As it is, it sat there in the background mocking me for the last week, and I finally went back and did it - with relative ease this time.  
    Spoiler:
  • Keep going. It gets more and more interesting!!
  • Tin's post sums up my thoughts on it.  It's a neat way to cater for everyone.  It's easy enough to pretend you didn't see the credits - I've completed it, and I didn't see them.

I usually stop at the credits roll in Mario games, even though I know I'd enjoy the rest of it just as much I've always been quite keen on playing whatever else is in my to-do pile.  One thing Nintendo's never been shy of is putting some of their best work into stages off the beaten track.  It's a pretty much perfect way of doing things imo.
  • Keep going. It gets more and more interesting!!

Managed to get a digital copy for £30 so will do a bit more at some point on my travels Chalice. May keep it in the car on Main Shift Workdays and have 50 mins at lunch.
  • You need to do the proper end game stuff. It's nails. There's some smashing gauntlets.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    smashing gauntlets.

Think I got some of those on Diablo yesterday.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    ...Managed to get a digital copy for £30...

Whait...

How!!?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Dubs?
  • Post credits MARIO odyssey is much preferable to what went before
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Gonna rush to the credits now!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Dubs?

Yep, gent. Good game I suppose for the HD, few moons here as there etc.
  • 7 world's now 100%. Enjoyable evening apart from my last koopa race, where I could manage all the trick jumps & shortcuts just for my wall jumping skills to die in a fire when I needed them most.

Throw in taking back the number one RC car spot on my friends list(a few of you have been banging in the laps since I lasted checked, especially my work mate, who has managed to keep quiet about it) & it was a almost a pad breaking hour.

Back on with the mop up tomorrow, still loving it. Work of genius this game.
  • Just seen the end credits roll. Fantastic game. Now to go back and read through this thread as I was avoiding all spoilers. Decided to look up how much post credit stuff there was.
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You'll be very surprised at how much is in there. Normally I wouldn't bother either but it's like totally worth it (dude).
  • It's not just
    Spoiler:
    Why you wanna spoil it for yourself?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Chalice, your spoiler blind spot is a thing of wonder. Presumably Dino mentioned
    Spoiler:
    in his spoiler tag as it's not in the main text. What about it being in spoiler tags made you think he'd want it posted openly?

It's not a major issue for me, so no need for more of your raging keyboard warrior shtick.
    Spoiler:
    Still though, have a care.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!