Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Second day off sick. Feel like I'm made from cotton wool. Hence my usual stalking has been quiet. Feeling a bit better but slept for 18 plus hours last night.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Hmm not great noxy. You have to see someone. Too much lady juice..?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It's not acid. I've always had very bad stomach-acid problems anyway, so i'm overly familiar with that feeling. It's the sort of pain that makes you want to roll up into a ball rather than down a pint of milk.
  • So it's an ulcer then?
  • I don't know. No idea what an ulcer feels like. If it is, is this something i should get medical attention for pretty urgently? 

It's feeling semi-urgent right now. I just don't fancy having to lie down in the street several times on my way to a doctor who probably wont speak English
  • To be fair, any sort of pain that continues for 2 weeks, then gets so bad it makes you want to curl up and lie down is worth going to the doctor/hospital for. No questions.
  • It's guilt.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yea, seems i have a problem. Managed to hobble into the English-speaking doctor's surgery with the help of a pharmacist i'd spoken to about my problems. But my insurance was cancelled when my job contract ran out last week and i don't qualify for assistance because i'm not registered here, and i can't register here because losing my job means i have no income for a room. So they turned me away! Despite the fact i needed help even getting through the fucking door! What a ridiculous system

Not sure what to do now
  • Second day off sick. Feel like I'm made from cotton wool. Hence my usual stalking has been quiet. Feeling a bit better but slept for 18 plus hours last night.

My second day off sick too Rev.  Haven't left the sofa - full of aches, pains, head is throbbing, throat is killing me, have no energy whatsoever.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Noxy, don't you have one of these?

EHIC_1699495c.jpg
  • Plan M wrote:
    Second day off sick. Feel like I'm made from cotton wool. Hence my usual stalking has been quiet. Feeling a bit better but slept for 18 plus hours last night.

My second day off sick too Rev.  Haven't left the sofa - full of aches, pains, head is throbbing, throat is killing me, have no energy whatsoever.

Hugs m

• Noxy, don't you have one of these? EHIC_1699495c.jpg

Yea, but it's not valid anymore since i made private insurance contributions

Anyway, i've been to the hospital and had blood/urine tests. They say everything is fine and i shouldn't worry... but i'm still in a quite a lot of pain, and the bursts are becoming even more frequent. Not really sure what to do.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    See a doctor?
  • The doctor wouldn't see me yesterday as i'm not insured since losing my job, despite my attempted visit coinciding with a nasty bout of agony. 

I feel quite a bit better over the past hour or two, although there's definitely still something not quite right
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Have you tried this?

http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm#introView

Every time I try it and put severe abdominal pain sirens go off and it says see a professional immediately.
  • Thanks. I hadn't. Although i'm having a bit of trouble distinguishing between crampy, achy, and stabbing pains. I can sort of picture them all describing my symptoms. 

Anyway it's returned a list of 57 possible conditions. Hopefully it's gas problems and not colon cancer! Guess there's not much i can do for now having recently been to hospital and been sent away. Supposed to be hitching to Poland tomorrow so i just have to hope this recent improvement over the past few hours continues.

Edit- most likely cause is IBS, apparently. That doesn't sound so bad. If it is that i had no idea it could be this painful
  • Have you had an HP test? Could be an ulcer.
  • Is that done with blood? At the hospital they said they eliminated all the major concerns with the blood test

That said, when i dated that Dr. earlier in the year she said they are often less thorough when dealing with people without insurance
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Have you tried this?

http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm#introView

Every time I try it and put severe abdominal pain sirens go off and it says see a professional immediately.

Yes... Look your symptoms up on the Internet, I can't possibly see how that might in any way be a bad thing to do.

• Gremill wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Have you tried this? http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm#introView Every time I try it and put severe abdominal pain sirens go off and it says see a professional immediately.
    Yes... Look your symptoms up on the Internet, I can't possibly see how that might in any way be a bad thing to do.

I don't think anyone's expecting a thorough diagnosis, but i presume it's potentially useful when establishing whether symptom poses cause for concern. I've been ignoring this for 2 weeks now.
  • Thing is, the gut is such a complex system that your symptoms could be any one of a dozen conditions, or none of them, or something else entirely. Unfortunately, the only way to be sure is to see a doctor.
  • They may have tested your blood for HP but I think it's more usual to use a stool sample. It's a simple test which determines whether you may have an ulcer caused by the bacterium Helicobacter Pylori, which iirc is the cause of the majority of peptic ulcers.

A doctor may also/alternatively prescribe a PPI such as omeprazole to see if that helps with your symptoms, as they could well be acid-related.

I only know this stuff because I went through all this several years ago myself. I was eventually cured with herbs (or they were an effective placebo).
  • I suffer from pretty serious health anxiety so I generally believe (most of the time) that I'm probably dying of some major illness or other, at the slightest symptoms. However, on that occasion, I had pretty serious gastric pain on and off for about 18 months and the doctors could find nothing wrong with me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So I went to the docs and asked for the "oh fuck I'm forty" tests and I've got high cholesterol. Turns out eating crap and sitting on your arse all day isn't good for you after all. Just looking at what I'm supposed to eat and stop eating. Just kill me now, I don't want to live any more.
  • It's not that bad. Mine was a little high too, a couple of years ago. Get regular exercise, quit smoking, eat plenty of steamed veg, fish etc, try swapping butter/marg for benecol or similar and go fairly easy on the crap food and alcohol. Might seem an adjustment at first but you'll soon get to a point where you find the thought of filling your face with junk food pretty repulsive.
  • It's not that bad. Mine was a little high too, a couple of years ago. Get regular exercise, quite smoking, eat plenty of steamed veg, fish etc, try swapping butter/marg for benecol or similar and go fairly easy on the crap food and alcohol. Might seem an adjustment at first but you'll soon get to a point where you find the thought of filling your face with junk food pretty repulsive.

So no fun then...

• I guess you find other ways to have fun. Take up skydiving or something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!